Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Other than the dude that followed her around for several minutes, which I could understand finding creepy, I honestly dont see whats the big deal with being told you are attractive.

The one dude who told her to be grateful is also kind of an ass.

But why is it considered harassment to say hi, how are you, have a nice day, etc.

Default Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

me gusta

rank sentamentalist

maybe it's not harassment in every case. who knows what the legal definition is... my opinion on experience is the legal definition is probably too liberal.

but i can understand why that would be annoying as fk. imagine if ugly fat girls you had no interest in were approaching you all day every day telling you how awesome you were and you didn't want to insult them by telling the truth so you were forced to play along and politely extricate yourself from each and every situation? probably not a whole lot of fun after the first day, unless you don't mind just being an asshole... which would kill your reputation

plus as the video includes in the end, this is not to mention a bunch of whistling/

and let's be real... these aren't real pickup lines. none of these guys can honestly think this chick is gonna stop for them walking down the fking street

tho lol @

hello good morning god bless you have a good day alright? (proceeds to walk beside her for 5 minutes
    hey lookit there... i just saw a thousand dollars
    too ugly for u?

Im not donating money because a few guys thought you were cute and expressed it verbally.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Other than the dude that followed her around for several minutes, which I could understand finding creepy, I honestly dont see whats the big deal with being told you are attractive.

The one dude who told her to be grateful is also kind of an ass.

But why is it considered harassment to say hi, how are you, have a nice day, etc.
    Imagine thirsty dudes calling you all sorts of names every day. Then you will begin to understand why it's harassment.

That second part is not harassment, that technically is being polite. However, I think we all know most of those guys didn't really care for how her day was going or how she was feeling.
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 10-28-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    It's about context

On the busy city streets you don't go around saying hello to every stranger who briskly walks past you. So a thousand people walked past these guys in the past 30 minutes and they didn't even acknowledge, but then a girl with a fat ass walks past and they go
    "ooooh, hello there ( ͡

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    maybe it's not harassment in every case. who knows what the legal definition is... my opinion on experience is the legal definition is probably too liberal.
    They are not talking about criminal harassment here, just plain ole street harrassment.

rank sentamentalist

to trail off on ljj's last sentence, it does fking suck because it makes hot girls far less approachable to guys (me) who actually have something to say that doesn't boil down to an indiscriminate "ur hawt"... they got their asshole radars up 24/7

Waaaahhhh poor females waaaahhh. Feminists need to get the f*ck off this Earth.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Holy shit you're an idiot

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    everything u post makes me think u are not a troll or a gimmick but in fact a real person... except when u post about women. a subset of humanity you clearly hold a great deal of resentment towards.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I'm not defending anything, especially because I didn't watch the video...

But saying 'hi' to every 50th person, once in a while it will be an attractive woman, that doesn't make you a scumbag. Is smiling is bad too?

When you're exercising, jogging, hiking you're supposed to say hi to people. Just because people are accustomed to ignoring each other on the street doesn't mean the person saying something is an asshole.

I get that context is a big deal, but that discourages genuine friendliness.
    it's under 2 minutes long, u should watch it. it has literally nothing to do with "genuine friendliness".

tho im totally on board with your larger point.

aside from the real thirsty dudes, a greeting and a compliment don't seem bad

There is a difference between a polite hello and what is happening in the video. If you can't tell the difference then chances are that everyone thinks you're a creep.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I'm not defending anything, especially because I didn't watch the video...

But saying 'hi' to every 50th person, once in a while it will be an attractive woman, that doesn't make you a scumbag. Is smiling is bad too?

When you're exercising, jogging, hiking you're supposed to say hi to people. Just because people are accustomed to ignoring each other on the street doesn't mean the person saying something is an asshole.

I get that context is a big deal, but that discourages genuine friendliness.
    "Saying hi to every 50th person, that just sometimes happens to be an attractive woman" nobody does this.

Anyway, friendliness is great and all that. You know what? Saying hi to someone not because you are being friendly, but specifically because you find them attractive is perfectly great also in itself.

But there is a time and a place for everything. You just gave great examples yourself: meet someone out hiking? Of course you say hi. Calling after a women in the busy street who is clearly busy, because you like her fat ass? That's the wrong place and the wrong time, and yes you are an asshole for doing that.