Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Would Bosh Play Better With Durant?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

No shit, Sherlock. The '14 Heat outside LeBron wasn't that good.
    Heat scored by far the least points per game against the Spurs of any Spurs opponent... Only 91 points per game.. So the Heat lost because of their OFFENSE.

That's why they needed Lebron to shoot more.. Warriors > Spurs and Lebron's high-volume/pace-controlling approach worked against the Warriors, while having far less supporting talent than he had with the Heat.

We saw the kind of of pressure-relieving effect that an MJ-level shot volume had on Lebron's lowly Cleveland supporting cast - they played out of their minds with all the pressure on Lebron..

How much would Lebron's high volume, MJ-approach have elevated the far superior supporting cast he had last year with the 2014 Heat, especially against the Spurs, who were inferior to the Warriors?

Of course, even if he had shot 34 times per game against the Spurs in 2014, the 2015 Finals showed us Lebron will only shoot 39.8% at that volume, even against single-coverage the entire series.. he simply doesn't have the offensive sophistication or the stamina to maintain his efficiency at the higher volume.
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-29-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Heat scored by far the least points per game against the Spurs of any Spurs opponent... Only 91 points per game.. So the Heat lost because of their OFFENSE.

That's why they needed Lebron to shoot more.. If Lebron shot more in 2014, he could've controlled pace like he did against the Warriors, and the Warriors are a better team - that's how effective a high volume can be at controlling pace.

Also, the Heat had far better supporting talent than the injured Cavs, so the Heat would've been controlling pace with better talent (than this year's Cavs), against a worse team (than last year's Spurs).. Don't underestimate the difference between attempting 17 shots and attempting twice as many.

Of course, even if he does shoot 34 times per game, the 2015 Finals showed us Lebron will only shoot 39.8%, even against single-coverage the entire series.. he simply doesn't have the offensive sophistication or the stamina to maintain his efficiency at the higher volume
    You literally have no idea about basketball outside numbers, do you?

Defense, moron. Defense. Miami wasn't able to contain the Spurs' offense. How hard is that to understand?

You literally have no idea about basketball outside numbers, do you?

Defense, moron. Defense. Miami wasn't able to contain the Spurs' offense.
    So wait, I just showed you that the Heat scored by far the least points per game against the Spurs of ANY Spurs opponent, and you still don't think their offense is why they lost?

If Lebron took more shots and controlled pace, the Spurs' can't run away with the game - that's what controlling pace does - it allows your team to control the flow of the game.. like Lebron did against the Warriors this year.

And the Warriors were a better team than the Spurs, while the Heat had better supporting talent than the Cavs... If the lowly Cavs supporting cast took the Warriors to 6 games just by Lebron shooting a ton, then the better supporting talent of the Heat could beat the inferior Spurs.. Don't underestimate the difference between attempting 17 shots and attempting twice as many.

Of course, even if he had shot 34 times per game against the Spurs in 2014, the 2015 Finals showed us Lebron will only shoot 39.8% at that volume, even against single-coverage the entire series.. he simply doesn't have the offensive sophistication or the stamina to maintain his efficiency at the higher volume.

Irrelevant rubbish and utter nonsense from studying basketball reference
    Watch the games, kid.

No Mas
    Btw, MJ isn't shooting 39.8% against the Warriors, regardless of coverage, let alone single-coverage and cleared-out strongsides.

Don't ignore the stats - Lebron's isolation stats prove MJ would shoot much better - Lebron isolated on 32.7% of his possessions in the playoffs, which led the league and represented his most-used offensive attack.. Accordingly, his below-average 33.1% FG on these isolations was the biggest factor driving his overall FG%..

Since Lebron's poor isolation ability drove his poor overall efficiency, we can assume MJ's GOAT isolation ability would result in a far better shooting percentage.

(keep in mind, the above logic IGNORES the empirical evidence showing that MJ shot far better percentages against 5-defender strongsides, as opposed to the 1-defender strongsides that Lebron shot so poorly against).
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-29-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Btw, MJ isn't shooting 39.8% against the Warriors, regardless of coverage, let alone single-coverage and cleared-out strongsides.

Don't ignore the stats - Lebron's isolation stats prove MJ would shoot much better - Lebron isolated on 32.7% of his possessions in the playoffs, which led the league and represented his most-used offensive attack.. Accordingly, his efficiency on these isolations was the biggest factor driving his overall efficiency..

But he shot very poorly on isolations - only 33.1% in the playoffs - and since isolations are what Lebron does the most, this poor isolation FG% was the biggest factor driving his poor overall FG%.. Since Lebron's poor isolation ability drove his poor overall efficiency, we can assume MJ's GOAT isolation ability would result in a far better shooting percentage.

(keep in mind, the above logic IGNORES the empirical evidence showing MJ shooting far better percentages against 5-defender strongsides, as opposed to the 1-defender strongsides that Lebron shot so poorly against).
    Cool story, kid. Is that from a comic?

Waiting for you post the PO run (including Finals) in which MJ led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

Banned

Sorry bud.. I don't speak dumbass

And I'd prefer my #1 option to score 50% more with GOAT clutch.. Seriously, why would I want my #1 option to need an entire extra HALF to match 1 game from the GOAT?

Also, I wouldn't want my #1 option to have below-average clutch and insufficient offensive sophistication or stamina to maintain his efficiency at the higher volume.

Your '1.5' game argument doesn't work anymore

LeBron averaged 27 ppg in the Finals, Jordan averages 33 ppg

Except LeBron also averages more assists and far more rebounds as well in the Finals, highlighting him being a better overall Finals performer than Jordan.

Waiting for you post the PO run in which MJ led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

I'd prefer my #1 option to score 50% more with GOAT clutch.. Seriously, why would I want my #1 option to need an entire extra HALF to match 1 game of scoring from the GOAT?

Also, I wouldn't want my #1 option to have below-average clutch or isolation ability that craters his FG%.

Nor would I want him having insufficient offensive sophistication or stamina to maintain his efficiency at the higher volume.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

Except LeBron also averages more assists and far more rebounds as well in the Finals, highlighting him being a better overall Finals performer than Jordan.
    Lebron averages 26 PPG for his career in the Finals, to MJ's 34 PPG.. Also, thru Lebron's current age (30), here are their playoff and Finals averages:

PLAYOFF AVERAGES THRU 30 YRS OLD:

JORDAN: 35 PPG / 6.6 APG / 50% FG
    LEBRON: 28 PPG / 6.5 APG / 47% FG

FINALS AVERAGES THRU 30 YRS OLD:

JORDAN: 36 PPG / 7.9 APG / 53% FG
    LEBRON: 26 PPG / 6.6 APG / 44% FG

Despite undertaking a 25% and 40% higher scoring load in the playoffs, MJ averaged more assists, less TO's, and higher efficiency than Lebron thru the same age in the playoffs and Finals
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-29-2015 at 05:15 PM.

I'd prefer my #1 option to score 50% more with GOAT clutch.. Seriously, why would I want my #1 option to need an entire extra HALF to match 1 game of scoring from the GOAT?

Also, I wouldn't want my #1 option to have below-average clutch or isolation ability that craters his FG%.

Nor would I want him having insufficient offensive sophistication or stamina to maintain his efficiency at the higher volume.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=35

Your entire knowledge of basketball comes from BB-REF and you're not even good at that.