Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who here has a Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    They do but not as bad as a Windows/PC because I believe Mac does everything for you automatically, whereas you have to do everything for PC. And MAc's are more secure because nobody cares to do viruses for mac's. If you have the money and you don't care for games just buy a mac.
    Hackers have been paying more attention to Macs recently. And it will only get worse

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    i have a macbook pro with retina display and its probably the nicest computer i have ever owned. i have had a lot of computers over the years, and in my opinion there is no other manufacturer that is remotely close to apple terms of durability and build quality. i do think my mac was a total waste of money in the same sense that a luxury car is a waste of money - a honda can take you anywhere that a bmw can take you after all, but a bmw will be a more enjoyable ride than a honda. i also have a high end windows desktop that I built myself, so its not like i am some apple fanboy.
    Hahhahahahah

15‑inch starts at $2099

Talk about dumb clueless consumers. I can build two i7 configs with that type of money.

imho unless you have specific use, just go for the macbook air.
    I use the macbook air and seriously for those who just use the computer for limited purposes this is a great notebook to have.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

macs aren't just more secure because "nobody makes viruses for them" they are inherently more secure because the OS requires far more user permissions for anything to happen with the computer.

I own a mac mini for my office and a macbook air for work and personal use. I paid 475$ for my mini. My air was 1k.

If you wanna game go with a PC, if you want bullet proof reliability/stability go with a Mac.

I didn't buy a mac to be fashionable, i didn't want to shell out money for a computer with an OS that's universally disparaged, (win 8) buggy, and prone to malware. Also i don't play games on my computer and I could really care less about upgrading my video card or something like that in the future.

in all honesty if that's all you're using it for then why spend that much. unless you have to money go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    I'm not a gamer at all. It would strictly be for internet, schoolwork, and photography. Do macs slow down? Get glitchy? Etc like every windows laptop/pc.
    Mine hasn't and it's a 2011 model.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Why not get a cheaper PC with similar or better specs, and just install Mac software on it?

Unless you really like the look of Macs and want to pay $500-$1000 more.
    Hackintosh is a pain in the ass from what I hAve read.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Hackintosh is a pain in the ass from what I hAve read.
    They are.

If you're on the fence about OS preference, you can easily triple boot on a Mac. Macs are known to also be the best windpcs.

I have a MacBook but haven't really done any maintenance on it since I've bought it.

Any good ways to have it run better/more efficiently and cleaning up some of the junk that goes with coming across sketchy websites over the past 1.5 years?

If you want to know the difference between Mac and PC. Just imagine a PC, and then remove all the customization, functionality, and performance that makes them great. Then add 1,000 to the price. There, now you have a mac.

My last gen OC'd i5 will smoke any mac and all you need is Avast and a brain to match it on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

I guarantee if you get one, then after about a few months go back on a PC , you'll say "damn, this PC is a piece of shit"

Guaranteed.

Once you go mac, you don't go back.

not in my case. had a mba. used osx for about 9 months and could not stand it. installed windows 7 and all was right with the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy

Hahhahahahah

15‑inch starts at $2099

Talk about dumb clueless consumers. I can build two i7 configs with that type of money.
    i dont understand this attitude at all

do you also go around saying "mercedes starts at $35k, I can get two hondas with that type of money. talk about dumb clueless consumers."

mac is a luxury item, and luxury items like expensive cars or expensive clothing or expensive headphones or a expensive watches are ALL wastes of money.
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-03-2014 at 01:05 PM.

I have a MacBook Air, and I'm super happy with it. Go for it. You don't need Pro unless you frequently play games or run much heavier programs (3d editing and stuff)

do you also go around saying "mercedes starts at $35k, I can get two hondas with that type of money. talk about dumb clueless consumers."

mac is a luxury item, and luxury items like expensive cars or expensive clothing or expensive headphones or a expensive watches are ALL wastes of money.
    It's because the performance is actually subpar on the Mac (as with most apple products). You're not really paying for the luxury of having a mac, in reality the 'apple tax' is more so about Mac OS (windows is a headache and a joke). What youre really paying for is the OS's reliability. Granted the build quality on the MacBook is significantly better... however airflow is garbage, thus the high number of failures of MPB's with dedicated graphics cards.

Overpriced as it may be, the real thing you should mock MPB buyers is over the fact that the RAM is soldered, battery is GLUED and SSD drives use a proprietary connector. That's where Apple fails HARD... the locked down nature of their devices is disgusting.

Lol that's not an analogous situation.

In this case, the PC is the Mercedes and the Mac is a really nice Honda. Although, imagine if your MacHonda's carburetor broke and you found out you can't replace it, and you need to buy a new MacHonda.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    It's because the performance is actually subpar on the Mac (as with most apple products). You're not really paying for the luxury of having a mac, in reality the 'apple tax' is more so about Mac OS (windows is a headache and a joke). What youre really paying for is the OS's reliability. Granted the build quality on the MacBook is significantly better... however airflow is garbage, thus the high number of failures of MPB's with dedicated graphics cards.

Overpriced as it may be, the real thing you should mock MPB buyers is over the fact that the RAM is soldered, battery is GLUED and SSD drives use a proprietary connector. That's where Apple fails HARD... the locked down nature of their devices is disgusting.
    lol.

"the performance of the mercedes is actually subpar compared to my honda. granted the mercedes is more reliable and has better build quality, but airflow on my honda is way better so the engine lasts longer. also i can upgrade my civic with a type-r engine that bolts right in place, the mercedes is so locked down you cant even swap out the engine out, which is why it fails HARD"