Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Amazing Melo never averaged 30 ppg but LeBron did...But Melo > scorer than Bron?

Anybody who says Melo is a better scorer because of a better "arsenal" would also agree that Pau Gasol is a better scorer than Shaq, correct?

Default Re: Amazing Melo never averaged 30 ppg but LeBron did...But Melo > scorer than Bron?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Anybody who says Melo is a better scorer because of a better "arsenal" would also agree that Pau Gasol is a better scorer than Shaq, correct?
    But all Shaq does is a couple hooks and dunks. He has no moves. Al Jefferson > Shaq

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    But all Shaq does is a couple hooks and dunks. He has no moves.
    Agreed. Pau/Jefferson has a much better arsenal and much smoother/aesthetically pleasing moves !

Basketball Genius

shaq had legendary foot-work for a man his size, an almost completely unstoppable hook-shot that he had perfected for many years, had the "black tornado" which was a quick spin off and dunk, as well as quick and powerful drop-step that would all but guarantee him deep positioning in the post.

and after all the bricks pau did point-blank in the post vs the cavs you want to try and make this argument?

your point is void.

Much higher? Are you sure about that?
    i'm 100% positive. only year melo came close to surpassing bran in usage rate was last season for very obvious reasons (in fact i think he lead the league in usage rate last year with there with durant).

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe

i'm 100% positive. only year melo came close to surpassing bran in usage rate was last season for very obvious reasons (in fact i think he lead the league in usage rate last year with there with durant).
    Check the stats. You might be surprised.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Usage rate is not a measure of ball dominance. It just adds up fga+fta+assists in a certain way iirc.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    shaq had legendary foot-work for a man his size, an almost completely unstoppable hook-shot that he had perfected for many years, had the "black tornado" which was a quick spin off and dunk, as well as quick and powerful drop-step that would all but guarantee him deep positioning in the post.

and after all the bricks pau did point-blank in the post vs the cavs you want to try and make this argument?

your point is void.

The point is that being a master of a few trades is better than being a jack of all of them. For instance, Dwight Howard is a better scorer than Nick Young....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Shaq had a solid arsenal.. and dominated with over and over scoring. Pau scores here and there with a lot of buckets being spoonfed midrange shots.

Melo has a solid arsenal, and consistently takes over games late with pretty much unstoppable over and over midrange scoring. Bron scores here and there off fastbreaks and passes to udonis haslem in the clutch.

Thanks for opening my eyes dude. Pau and bran, and shaq and melo have more in common than I thought

Love Live Life

Down by 2 with 4 seconds left who do you give the ball to Melo or Lebron?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Lebron duh

Usage rate is not a measure of ball dominance. It just adds up fga+fta+assists in a certain way iirc.
    Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV)). Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    With 4 seconds left you're probably gonna get a contested Jumper so probably Melo. I'd give it to Melo over Shaq as well that doesn't mean he's a better scorer prime for prime. 20 seconds left? LeBron every day.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Shaq had a solid arsenal.. and dominated with over and over scoring. Pau scores here and there with a lot of buckets being spoonfed midrange shots.

Melo has a solid arsenal, and consistently takes over games late with pretty much unstoppable over and over midrange scoring. Bron scores here and there off fastbreaks and passes to udonis haslem in the clutch.

Thanks for opening my eyes dude. Pau and bran, and shaq and melo have more in common than I thought
    If you honestly think LeBron is that limited as a scorer, and I've seen you make this point plenty of times, how is it that he scored so much in the playoffs and regular season while being so limited and opportunistic? I mean, you act like he has no skill to speak of.

Basketball Genius

Check the stats. You might be surprised.
    nikka just link me if you got it on hand it's early in the morning not everyone is on toronto time.

The point is that being a master of a few trades is better than being a jack of all of them. For instance, Dwight Howard is a better scorer than Nick Young....
    it's taboo to compare guards and big-men when it comes to scoring but that's a very odd example regardless. a better example would be dwight and cousins. i think cousins is a better overall scorer than dwight and that we can all agree on that.

but it's not black and white.

melo's the better scorer but bran's scored more points.

it's literally that simple.

Melo's playoff scoring is underwhelming for a superstar. In exactly half of his playoff games he has shot lower than 40% from the floor Bron has had great scoring series against the best defenses in the league and im pretty sure he has higher career averages as well.

And to whoever said bron has a high USG% than melo, it's the other way around (32.6 to 31.4).