Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Replace LeBron with Carmelo During the Heat Run

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    people are not taking into consideration how much better wade and bosh would have been in Bron's absence

2011 is a lock
    2011 when they were the 2 seed and most people thought they were going to lose to the Bulls? And you want to take away the leading scorer, the leading rebounder, the assist leader, the stl leader, the Bl leader and the guy that took the challenge of defending the league's MVP in ALL the big moments and trade him for Melo? And you think that team is even making the Finals??

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Stats wont tell the story.. Wade has gotten complacent when Lebron has had good/great series. I guess if he sees him doing great leading the team to wins he feels he doesnt need to step up, but I certainly dont think Dwayne Wade would average 18ppg on 50TS if Lebron wasnt there and a sense of urgency kicked in.

I mean.. Wade has never flamed out of a playoff series or played that bad until he was alongside lebron. He tended to step up in times of dire need.. like the 2011 Finals, the 2012 semis when bosh went down, the 2013 Finals when Lebron started choking again.

Wade isnt going to play that bad if his back is put against the wall and all of a sudden hes being relied on. Cant see it.

And of course Bosh would be 10x more comfortable offensively.

The bulls were being given trouble by the hawks.. rose was inefficient all 2011 playoffs long. Lebron stans want to convince you otherwise, but that bulls team had no offensive second option to relieve pressure.

So this hypothetical also involves teammates like Wade now suddenly dropping 25 instead 19 on 41% ? Nice....

Bosh more comfortable alongside Melo than LeBron

This is comedy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Melo is a shooter.. not a slasher(sucks at it really). The heat with lebron made bosh camp the line to bring guys like hibbert out of the paint and clear driving lanes. Its a fact this happened, and it wouldnt happen with melo since he prefers to score on the outside.

The spacing would undeniably be better and there would be no confliction over whose primary ballhandler since melo doesnt dribble a ton, and wade could run PnRs much better.

They win in 2011...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

They win in 2011. Nobody would get in their way in the East. I also don't see Melo having a mental collapse the way Bron did in the Finals.

2012, yes, I'd say so. Keep in mind, Miami also had Chalmers, Miller, and Battier going off in SEPERATE games for them against OKC. The support Melo would have had is insane.

2013, I think they win again, probably in 6. I think it would've been over way before the Ray shot even happened.

The only year they don't win, IMO, is last season. San Antonio was just on another level in comparison to the rest of the league.
    Last edited by Fudge; 11-03-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Spo is an elite coach, given Melo and not LBJ. He'd build the teams identity differently. With bosh and Wade they still make 4 straight finals. Easily beat the Mavs, beat the Thunder seeing as Melo owns KDs soul, then lose to the Spurs both times seeing as the only reason LeBron beat them the first time was thanks to Ray Allen. Same result 2/4.

I really never knew we has Melo haters here lol what a bunch of clowns

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Stats wont tell the story.. Wade has gotten complacent when Lebron has had good/great series. I guess if he sees him doing great leading the team to wins he feels he doesnt need to step up, but I certainly dont think Dwayne Wade would average 18ppg on 50TS if Lebron wasnt there and a sense of urgency kicked in.

I mean.. Wade has never flamed out of a playoff series or played that bad until he was alongside lebron. He tended to step up in times of dire need.. like the 2011 Finals, the 2012 semis when bosh went down, the 2013 Finals when Lebron started choking again.

Wade isnt going to play that bad if his back is put against the wall and all of a sudden hes being relied on. Cant see it.

The bulls were being given trouble by the hawks.. rose was inefficient all 2011 playoffs long. Lebron stans want to convince you otherwise, but that bulls team had no offensive second option to relieve pressure.
    C'mon man. TPols you are better than that. You are rewriting how effective everyone would be? Because one of the worst assist men in the league replaced LeBron? This is insanity.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    They win in 2011. Nobody would get in their way in the East.

2012, yes, I'd say so. Keep in mind, Miami also had Chalmers, Miller, and Battier going off in SEPERATE games for them against OKC. The support Melo would have had is insane.

2013, I think they win again, probably in 6. I think it would've been over way before the Ray shot even happened.
    Welcome to the ignore list.

Don't like to waste my day with willful ignorance. And when you stick out around here its time to say farewell.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Best post you ever made.

I can't believe they are retards on here making the assertion that 2011 Wade along with prime Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh....Couldn't get to the Finals and win. Just absurd.

Listening to some of the LeBron stans, you would think that Dwyane Wade hasn't shown the capability of leading a team as the primary playmaker/scorer to a title without LeBron James present.

You'd have Wade as the clear cut primary pick and roll ball handler, no needing to subjugate his game whatsoever. You'd have Carmelo filling the niche as the off ball scoring wing. It would be similar to Westbrook and Durant, but a much more steadier combination as Wade is a much better decision maker.. And Bosh would still be eating plenty inside with Wade as the primary facilitator, as Wade is proven to be one of best playmakers in the game from the off guard spot. And when it comes to entry post passing, and hitting bigs on rolls...Wade is better than LeBron at that aspect of passing. Undeniable fact.

Even in the games Wade sat out last year, Bosh NEVER played as well or as comfortably with LeBron as the primary ball handler then he does in comparison with Wade.

The beastly 37/12 game that Bosh had against Portland last year? It was with Dwyane handling the rock, and LeBron in a suit.

If you're a big man, you want to play with Wade. If you're a shooter, you want to play with LeBron.

The proof is in the pudding...Bosh is absolutely wrecking shit right now with Wade creating.

And miss me with the talk of dropping off in defense. Carmelo would become a plus defender under the Rile/Spo & the Miami Heat culture. Just like Bosh became one.

Miami is going to be a top 10 team in defensive efficiency this year. It's the coach, and it's the system.

Before LeBron even showed up to Miami, the Heat were a top 10 defense with Carlos Arroyo and Michael Beasley in the starting lineup.

LBJ is a fantastic player, and one of the all time greats, but let's stop acting like Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh weren't great core pieces, capable of grand success when put in position to do so.

Stop it.
    Last edited by PJR; 11-03-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Melo dropped 42/17/6 on Celtics with Jared Jeffries as his biggest help.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX92j8wp7f8

Melo vs 2011 Celtics: 26 points, 10.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists
    LeBron vs 2011 Celtics: 28 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists

And Bran had much better teammates which means Celtics defense couldn't have been focused just on him.

Melo >>> Bran

DEAL WITH IT

3 at worst

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Melo dropped 42/17/6 on Celtics with Jared Jeffries as his biggest help.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX92j8wp7f8

Melo vs 2011 Celtics: 26 points, 10.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists
    LeBron vs 2011 Celtics: 28 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists

And Bran had much better teammates which means Celtics defense couldn't have been focused just on him.

Melo >>> Bran

DEAL WITH IT

Banned

Would they even make the playoffs? srs question