Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar

Default Re: Thoughts on Assisted Suicide?

I'm for it.

The terminally ill should have the right to end their life in a dignified way. As someone who's seen a person die for years by the hands of Motor neurone disease it's unfair to let people suffer.

Yes, but a doctor should only be put in that position by their choosing (if a doctor had to administer something to end the person's life, for example).

And it needs to be painless. There was a British teen girl recently who was starved to death by her mother after the courts let her end the child's life.

NBA All-star

without being a doctor, and not knowing the physical pain one may be able to endure

has there really ever been a suicide case where it wasn't assisted?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    I'm for it.

The terminally ill should have the right to end their life in a dignified way. As someone who's seen a person die for years by the hands of Motor neurone disease it's unfair to let people suffer.
    That's seriously one of the worst ways to go out.

The only reason it's illegal is because of religion. It's amazing that we all anyone to have kids and as many as they want and we even develop more and more effective ways for the retards to spawn, and yet someone cannot end their life on their own terms. Amazing.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    That's seriously one of the worst ways to go out.

The only reason it's illegal is because of religion. It's amazing that we all anyone to have kids and as many as they want and we even develop more and more effective ways for the retards to spawn, and yet someone cannot end their life on their own terms. Amazing.
    Yep it's truly awful. I had known her for 10 years. She was a magazine editor and ran her own web design business. Incredibly hard working, very intelligent and independent. She raised two children on her own one of which is my best friend. The last time I saw her before she died, she was slumped over in a wheelchair unable to speak, unable to feed herself and unable to go to the toilet on her own. She had been in that state for nearly 2 years. Towards the end all she could do on her own was blink. She eventually died from her respiratory system shutting down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Yep it's truly awful. I had known her for 10 years. She was a magazine editor and ran her own web design business. Incredibly hard working, very intelligent and independent. She raised two children on her own one of which is my best friend. The last time I saw her before she died, she was slumped over in a wheelchair unable to speak, unable to feed herself and unable to go to the toilet on her own. She had been in that state for nearly 2 years. Towards the end all she could do on her own was blink. She eventually died from her respiratory system shutting down.
    yeah they always die of respiratory paralysis. Same in myasthenia gravis.

It's terrible.

How old? It usually doesn't hit onset till the age of 50.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    yeah they always die of respiratory paralysis. Same in myasthenia gravis.

It's terrible.

How old? It usually doesn't hit onset till the age of 50.
    57 years old. She was diagnosed at 52.