Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Are there any jobs that...

Call center or desk job. At least you'll have the opportunity to bang out some studying as well as homework from your desk. It's very beneficial.

I worked part time evenings and weekends, while maintaining a school schedule, and it seemed tough at the time, but failures and shortcomings back then didn't carry as many consequences. The older you get, the higher the stakes become. I don't own a home or have any kids, but, still, my own life seems a lot more difficult now, even though I have my weekends free.

Local High School Star

there are part time jobs in education. sales with commission.

Everyone should work retail during their high school/college years. It will scare you into making something more of yourself.

That said, working as a waiter/bussboy at a busy restaurant, you'll probably make more money, but your coworkers will most likely still suck. Basically, you'll always have that element until you get into a professional environment.

PM'd you

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    PM'd you

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    **** its like the only jobs college kids can get are shitty retail ones

Well yeah. Why the **** would they give you a good nonshitty job when you haven't proven yourself while other people have. If your uncle was a mechanic and you worked on cars with him you could find work in a shop no problem. Do you have any skills or experience?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Well yeah. Why the **** would they give you a good nonshitty job when you haven't proven yourself while other people have. If your uncle was a mechanic and you worked on cars with him you could find work in a shop no problem. Do you have any skills or experience?
    retail is retarded. I've done it for like four years and the lowest paid new people do almost all of the work while the "experienced" people are usually older women who don't do jack shit.

There has to be a better job out there. I worked at UPS and had by far the biggest workload out of a good chunk of like 60 people doing the same job and I never once complained. The best thing about UPS though is I got hired on at 9.50 and after one year was making 11.00 an hr. And they just reached a new union agreement so every year I would have gotten an additional 70 cent raise as well. So I'd be at like 13 an hr right now with none of the retail bullshit.

What I'm saying is, maybe I can get a job where everyone has to do more work like in a warehouse or something. It just has to be college friendly and I only left UPS because my major at the time required that I take an 8AM class which created a schedule conflict.