Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: projected top 3 pick Emmanuel Mudiay gets schooled by 37 yr old Stephon Marbury

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i got the impression he would accept an bench role after his stint in Turkey, and he obviously still had NBA talent
    Why on earth do you think that??

4 teams in 4 years. He didn't finish the season for a single one of them. That included two teams that he flatly refused to come off the bench for. And then some abject failures in a second rate Euro league.

There were games in Turkey where he didn't score a point.

AI was one of the more entertaining players at his peak. But you are completely glossing over a truly UGLY end to his career and attributing those problems to everyone but the one constant, AI.

Default Re: projected top 3 pick Emmanuel Mudiay gets schooled by 37 yr old Stephon Marbury

euroleague is an different animal from the NBA. Ty lawson sucked in Lithuania

i thought AI did OK in Philly and Memphis,

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

euroleague is an different animal from the NBA. Ty lawson sucked in Lithuania

i thought AI did OK in Philly and Memphis,
    Wait a second. He played three games in Memphis. I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about. He averaged 14ppg in Philly and then left.

Read about his alcohol and gambling problems here

http://articles.philly.com/2010-03-0...rson-pat-croce

And that's by Screamin A Smith who was Iverson's Windhorst.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Iverson was probably my favorite player of All-Time. He has nobody to blame but himself tho. He could have handled the situation so much better and it's a different ball game when your older, not as good. All of a sudden previous things you got away with aren't as acceptable anymore. He kinda just became washed up.

Sucks, would have been awesome to see him go out on a good note. Even Philly gave him that last stint.

Damn. This guy is sucking it up.

well that isnt true. and he himself have said he could have played of the bench after playing in turkey. but he felt stern and the league had turned their back on him and didnt want to take the risk. whatever that ment

his words. maybe you're the one that doesnt get it
    "His words" didn't go over too well in Philly and Memphis. In Memphis he missed training camp due to injury and then bitched when he didnt start immediately in the regular season.

Iverson didn't help himself much during his short stint with his fourth NBA team. He missed the preseason with a partially torn left hamstring and didn't debut with the Grizzlies until Nov. 2 at Sacramento.

Immediately, Iverson began talking about his distaste for coming off the bench and being on a rebuilding team filled with youth from Rudy Gay and O.J. Mayo to recent draft picks Hasheem Thabeet and DeMarre Carroll.

The four-time NBA scoring champ became the 16th player in league history to score 24,000 points in his career in his second game against the Golden State Warriors. He played against the Lakers in Los Angeles, where he also met with Heisley before being given permission to take an indefinite leave.

But the Grizzlies got tired of waiting for Iverson to decide what to do next.
    Like the Rock says....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    wow this Mudiya kid getting bodied by unathletic looking chinese players

how does CBA compare with college in term of talent level?
    I would say the best College D1 teams can beat the average CBA team, but the average CBA team beats the average D1 teams.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    I would say the best College D1 teams can beat the average CBA team, but the average CBA team beats the average D1 teams.
    which is why a guy that averaged 2 points per game on a bad ncaa team is now averaging a double double in the cba