Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How bad will Republicans own Dems today?

Well, as long as we're living vicariously through a bunch of white senior citizens who don't know/care about you, congratulations then?

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    You're a clown and will always be a clown. You call actually showing your ID at a voting place voter suppression?? What backwards world do you live in??
    Thank you for your opening comment. Of course, you must misrepresent my stance in order to even offer any criticism, no surprise there. "Showing your ID" at the polls is not something I'm against...what I am against, however, are more unnecessarily-restrictive voter ID laws such as Texas SB 14 which were passed with no justifiably sound reason other than the conservative boogeyman-like "voter fraud" rationale, which, is bloated way out of proportion to sound like an actual issue. Pray tell how the system Texas had in place pre-SB 14 was inefficient/non-ideal and how this is not an effective poll tax, given that potentially 600,000 Texans could have their voter eligibility infringed upon this election season due to the piece of legislation from 2011...or if you would like to proclaim your support for the return of poll taxes and the repeal of the 24th Amendment, please take this time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    Thank you for your opening comment. Of course, you must misrepresent my stance in order to even offer any criticism, no surprise there. "Showing your ID" at the polls is not something I'm against...what I am against, however, are more unnecessarily-restrictive voter ID laws such as Texas SB 14 which were passed with no justifiably sound reason other than the conservative boogeyman-like "voter fraud" rationale, which, is bloated way out of proportion to sound like an actual issue. Pray tell how the system Texas had in place pre-SB 14 was inefficient/non-ideal and how this is not an effective poll tax, given that potentially 600,000 Texans could have their voter eligibility infringed upon this election season due to the piece of legislation from 2011...or if you would like to proclaim your support for the return of poll taxes and the repeal of the 24th Amendment, please take this time to do so.
    that rat poison.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    Bro...all they want is to show some damn I.D.

How is that not reasonable? If anything that is the one most reasonable thing they ever did.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Bro...all they want is to show some damn I.D.

How is that not reasonable? If anything that is the one most reasonable thing they ever did.
    Are you saying that Texans weren't showing identification before SB 14 passed?

NBA rookie of the year

truth be told, although this was expected, this is clearly a GOP win. it looks like they have taken the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    truth be told, although this was expected, this is clearly a GOP win. it looks like they have taken the senate.
    lol

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Maybe this will rile up true progressive liberals in 2016. We all know Clinton and Obama are not true liberals. They threw their party under bus for their own personal gain. Warren for 16!!

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Maybe this will rile up true progressive liberals in 2016. We all know Clinton and Obama are not true liberals. They threw their party under bus for their own personal gain. Warren for 16!!
    Candidates that actually get elected don't stray that far from the center.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Candidates that actually get elected don't stray that far from the center.
    Bush 2 ran as a conservative and won. Unfornately...he didn't stay true after he got elected.

I hate sharing this land with idiots.

I hate my state. So many dumb people. They also screwed up computers in Broward County today. They can't run a decent clean election in Florida to save their life.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Bush 2 ran as a conservative and won.
    No, he didn't.

To both of those claims, honestly.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I hate my state. So many dumb people. They also screwed up computers in Broward County today. They can't run a decent clean election in Florida to save their life.
    Agreed :/

Virginia may still go republican, NC and Iowa look to be republican, and Scott Brown is still contesting NH. Illnois elected Republican. This bigger beat down than I thought.