Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why is Jeff Green not better?

He has all the tools to be a big star; size, length, crazy athleticism, hops, good offensive moves, range, etc. He's a good player (Green is good!) but somehow it hasn't all quite come together...

Default Re: Why is Jeff Green not better?

not every jeff can be awesome like the one running shit here

the WHITE side

Didn't dude drop 35 yesterday?

What exactly were you expecting from him? Dude was never projected to be some big star in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickPerkins
    Didn't dude drop 35 yesterday?

What exactly were you expecting from him? Dude was never projected to be some big star in this league.
    He has all the tools to be a top small forward. Not LeBron/Durant/Carmelo good but on the next level.

Rudy Gay > J Green

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    He has all the tools to be a big star; size, length, crazy athleticism, hops, good offensive moves, range, etc. He's a good player (Green is good!) but somehow it hasn't all quite come together...
    He's a fifth option.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I don't understand it either. He has a lot of talent, and he shows it every once in a while. He also has a lot of games where he completely disappears, and has no impact.

In OKC, he was primarily placed as the starting stretch 4. Not really ideal for him. He had to play behind Pierce in his first two playing seasons in Boston. I think he has become conditioned to be the other guy and not the guy.

It is good to note that his draft scouting report points out his lack of aggression so it may be a natural part of his mentality.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

It's funny, I was watching the game thinking the same thing last night. He, like lots of other talented players, I guess just doesn't have the mental makeup to be consistent. In a league with only 450 players, the separation in terms of talent or skill isn't very great. What separates one guy from the next is often mental. There is a huge mental component to being consistent.

Speaking of which, are you beginning to see what I was talking about with Turner? If not, stick around, haha you will.

I was thinking about this as well. I remember him killing Miami a few years ago.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Probably the same reason Joe Johnson wasn't better.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

As others have alluded to, he's just not wired that way. He's in a better place in an equal opportunity offense now and if the Celts ever get a centre to drag defenders into the paint like a Chandler, Jordan or Drummond-type then he'll be in a prime position to shine.

ive seen games where it looks like hes afraid of the ball. think he needs to get his confidence up he did drop like 30 something

To be honest, it is not in his DNA to be a big star. He is a legit role player. Think about his Sonics/Thunder years. Green is at his best when he can be utilized as more of a second tier option on offense. In his time with the Oklahoma City Thunder he had Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook drawing the bulk of the attention from opposing defenses, which allowed him to pick his spots. When he came to Boston he had the Big Three and Rondo. Last year was the first time he was expected to become the main scoring threat for his team and he predictably struggled to adjust to that new role. He is not a "star" type of player. He is solid as a role player.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Shit this is what I thought of exactly yesterday. Bum player