Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Artie Lange from Howard Stern tweets about ESPN's First Take lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Very strange.

Related... Artie Lange on Joe Buck Live. One of the most uncomfortable talk show appearances ever.

Part I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8y2Oi1lFk

Part II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1p8kuaDaw
    Absolutely hilarious. **** Joe Buck.

Artie working on the show made for the greatest radio/TV show all-time.

Has been nowhere near the same since his departure

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Whether you found Lange's tweets humorous or not, I think we can all let out a collective *sigh* at the PC police now circling their wagons.

Hilarious coming from you. If your shithole of a hometown was the target instead of Cari, you would be throwing a fit. All one needs to do is take a short look at the way you mod the main forum. Clown

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stempel, HERB
    Hilarious coming from you. If your shithole of a hometown was the target instead of Cari, you would be throwing a fit. All one needs to do is take a short look at the way you mod the main forum. Clown
    Fake outrage abounds. Clown.

Surprised no one is calling this alpha

The stand up bit about Artie Lange talking about the Eagles fan calling Troy Aikman a *** to a judge still makes me laugh to this day.

NBA rookie of the year

I got a rise out of Artie sticking it to Joe Buck's pompous ass. Buck really believed people watched football because of him. That crap show didn't last anyway.

Oan, Cari Champion is not that hot either. 7.5 at best

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    I got a rise out of Artie sticking it to Joe Buck's pompous ass. Buck really believed people watched football because of him. That crap show didn't last anyway.

Oan, Cari Champion is not that hot either. 7.5 at best
    I'd beat the brakes off Cari.

What stand ups need to get through their brains is that you can't do the same jokes on Twitter that you might do in a set or among friends.

The problem with Twitter (or anything that you read on the internet really) is that you can't hear or see the person saying it so it's very easy to take the comment in the most negative tone possible. I don't know why the internet has turned to a point where most people automatically assume the worst when they read a tweet/post/****ever but it has.

Some things just have to be done in person so everyone can tell the joke is actually all in good fun and not some just hateful **** spewing bile all over the internet.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Can't stand Lange, what a sloppy crude POS. His humor isn't for me.

Cari Champ is bae & this shit just wasn't funny at all.

Typical "Look At Me I'm fat & crude" type shit from this guy
    This 100%

Grade school humor

NBA All-star

I feel like a raccoon here stealing cat food

She is an attractive lady.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    What stand ups need to get through their brains is that you can't do the same jokes on Twitter that you might do in a set or among friends.

The problem with Twitter (or anything that you read on the internet really) is that you can't hear or see the person saying it so it's very easy to take the comment in the most negative tone possible. I don't know why the internet has turned to a point where most people automatically assume the worst when they read a tweet/post/****ever but it has.

Some things just have to be done in person so everyone can tell the joke is actually all in good fun and not some just hateful **** spewing bile all over the internet.
    I agree with your general point about people losing context on twitter vs. a spoken, seen stand-up but in this case he'd still get huge backlash. The biggest problem was that tweets weren't funny. If you're going to push the envelope like that, you have to be making people laugh. He wasn't funny, he was creepy. No one is going to defend him from the avalanche of criticism when people generally aren't amused at all.

The other big problem is that there is a large segment of the population that are guaranteed to be offended by his subject matter. Two, in fact: women and black people. It isn't exactly what he said but people will read those tweets and see rape joke, which angers feminists, and then he talks about owning her as a slave master which will enrage black people, especially black women. There was really no saving that joke. That's the kind of thing that an editor takes out and while the writer may gripe, the editor did the writer a favor. I'm actually pretty sure he meant no offense, in fact thought he was complimenting her, but whether he was on stage or twitter that joke was going to make people angry. And you can't do that when the joke is completely unfunny.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Fox Live really blew it on this. They ran with a bunch of fake outrage over Chris Rock's 9/11 jokes from his Saturday Night Live monologue over the weekend. It didn't get nearly enough traction, probably because the material was good, and they weren't really personally offensive.

I really hate that this has gotten this outta control. I personally have never cared for Artie Lange's comedy. Even knowing some of it was pretty good. It's just not my taste. And these tweets are particularly not funny to me. But ESPN made a statement. I actually sort of like his apology because it adresses her personally. But comedians push the boundries all the time. It's part of the gig. It's fine not to like it. I'm not sure it's fine to cost him a show where other people who know what they're going to see might like his material.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Artie is past his due date with the devil. He's a lucky SOB to still be alive.