Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Cali Love

Default Re: Do You Love Your Job?

i'm in the chemical products business

pros: the pay is good, light workload, workplace with people all over the world and it's close to where I live.

cons: inconsistent workdays, have to get up very early, got a dickhead of a boss, tension between co-workers, work can get dirty smelly and dull, I do long hours.

Would I do this job if the money wasn't as good as it is? prob not

but def not the worst job I had 7/10

rank sentamentalist

working in schools / youth work

i have on occasion "been in love with my job" but its usually pretty fleeting. i love the elementary school environment but the actual work i'm paid to do, working with the kids who need help the most, isn't stimulating or exciting enough for me to say i love it. though it can be extremely gratifying.

i'm ready to move on though. the youngins take a toll on your own enthusiasm lol

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I seem to recall some posts of yours from when you were in high school. You and a few others. Doesn't seem that long ago. Now, people are off working in the "real world." Time sure does fly.
    Sure does. It's pretty strange to have my coming of age basically documented and, in a way, witnessed by a bunch people who I've never met but that's the internet for ya.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    got a question for you...

in law school could you pick out the people who were going to end up on a billboard somewhere hocking their services for DUI, Bankruptcy and Divorce?

kind of, you could pick out the firm worker bees that's for sure. The socially awkward people that are brilliant when it comes to the study of law, but wind up clueless about the actual practice of law.

Those guys with the big billboards are the real money makers, they are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

7/10

7/10

Pros:

-40 hour work week and I get overtime anything over 40 (which is rare but happens occasionally)
    -Good benefits (ie work from home)
    -Lots of travel which can be good and bad depending where you go

Cons:

-Pay is below average in the industry but people in my industry tend to work 50-60 hour work weeks
    -People at my company are not respected
    Last edited by ALBballer; 11-07-2014 at 07:19 PM.

8/10. I'm a contracts negotiator for a company that manages clinical trials. I like my coworkers, the booming job market in my field, and love the flexibility (my company allows one work from home day per week and some competitors work from home fulltime); but can't say this is what I expected when I graduated law school.

Having a kid changed things a bit for me though and this job allows me to enjoy a pretty comfortable lifestyle here in NC.

9/10

Real estate developer

I make shittons of money and love working

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    working in schools / youth work

i have on occasion "been in love with my job" but its usually pretty fleeting. i love the elementary school environment but the actual work i'm paid to do, working with the kids who need help the most, isn't stimulating or exciting enough for me to say i love it. though it can be extremely gratifying.

i'm ready to move on though. the youngins take a toll on your own enthusiasm lol
    Probably a lot of "redirecting" and repeating the same things over and over again, while trying to remember to give an appropriate amount of positive reinforcement. People who are able to do this day in and day out are angels. With some kids, it can be pretty difficult to measure if there is real progress or not. I have a few kids in my PE classes are who need this intense type of guidance/redirection. It can be frustrating for the 1/2 hour I have them. Can't even imagine a whole day of it.