Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: What keept you from bein in the NBA?

Something about being a 5'10 Small Forward. I told any NBA scout that would listen that I had the genes to hit 6' in my twenties and could have played guard if I had bigger teammates. Unfortunately I didn't know any scouts so there was no one to listen. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to skip college but there were no scholarship offers so why not roll the dice I say?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This is really embarrassing. You're not Theoo. You're never gonna be Theoo, so stop trying.

OP is the Carlos Mencia of ISH.
    I hate to admit this but...that was good.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

I actually was thinking about declaring my intent to play in the NBA the other day...

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This is really embarrassing. You're not Theoo. You're never gonna be Theoo, so stop trying.

OP is the Carlos Mencia of ISH.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Didn't have the gift to ball. Played from middle school up to my senior year of highschool and never was able to perfect a shooting form. Suffered from performance anxiety on offense, but was very good on defense and out hustled a lot of people on the court. I was a favorite by the coaches, which is why I started my junior year.

To this day, I still can't shoot to save my life. I disappointed my coaches and also myself. It made me lose interest in basketball mid-season of my senior year.

Funny how being weak mentally can **** everything up.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    I feel ya, man.

Let's go hunt for some poontang pie!

I was a really good baller when I was in my teen years, but not extremely good to the point where I'd be getting college offers from numerous D1 colleges. Back in high school, I played varsity ball from my Sophomore year to Senior year. I was a PG/SG standing at 6'2. I'm also black so you know... that gave me advantage over most of the guys. Haha no I'm just messin around. All the "being black" jokes aside, I was a good leaper & runner mainly because I did cross country and track. I could also shoot the ball pretty well and I my level of confidence was pretty high. In middle school I was a dedicated worker. Always practised day & night until my legs told me to give up. I would do drills with cones, run a few track laps, and lift weights almost every single day. I always dreamt of becoming someone like Kobe, MJ or T-Mac, but since I was short, I kinda modelled my game after Allen Iverson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

The thing that held me back was my attitude. My work ethic was fine but my shit attitude towards my coaches and opponents is what got me benched most games. I could tell my coach hated my guts. Of course I was disappointed and I totally regret it to this day. If I hadn't gotten in trouble, maybe I could've played college basketball at the very least. If you gave me a time machine right now and told me to fix every wrong thing I did, I would do it within a blink of an eye.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Everything. Just not good enough. I'd basically be a 5-10 point guard. As good as my handles are an NBA player would destroy me in a game. I could't stay in front of Steven Blake let alone Chris Paul. My release would be too slow. Not quick enough to make plays.

If I were about 6-5 I would have worked my ass off because I am a smart player. I see the floor really well and know how to get the ball to shooters. I'd probably be a Kirk Heinrich type of player if I were taller. Only I'm a bit more creative off the dribble.
    This Nikka "I am a smart player...I'd probably be a Kirk Heinrich type of player if I were taller. Only I'm a bit more creative off the dribble"

I WISH I WAS A LITTLE BIT TALLER, WISH I WAS A BALLER...IF I HAD A GIRL WHO LOOKED GOOD I WOULD CALL HER...

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

1 foot. Be a 6'9'' straight up deadshooter.

Skills
    Living in Aus
    Height

If I lived in America I would have definately made a good football player. Not sure what position but? 6-1 190, could dunk it at 15 at 5-9 my vert has always been elite. Used to be a state high jumper back in the day. Was the type of specimen that could squat 315 for reps after only a month in the gym but I was soft as **** after a few major injuries. Fair to say I was shook ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Didn't have the gift to ball. Played from middle school up to my senior year of highschool and never was able to perfect a shooting form. Suffered from performance anxiety on offense, but was very good on defense and out hustled a lot of people on the court. I was a favorite by the coaches, which is why I started my junior year.

To this day, I still can't shoot to save my life. I disappointed my coaches and also myself. It made me lose interest in basketball mid-season of my senior year.

So true. After I had a few big injuries that kept me out of my sport for a year I was never the same mentally. Went from being as good as this guy who got drafted to not playing anymore and it's not like I didn't have the physical ability , more that I lost that bulletproof confidence

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Height + Build + Skill + Talent + Being Asian + Everything else

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

skoo

I'm not dark enough

Mom wouldn't let me.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

soccer