Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon

Terrible moves by the Pelicans. Gave up way too much for Jrue. Paying way too much for Gordon. Gordon is an overpaid scrub. Can't they amnesty him?

Default Re: Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon

Yes, Gordon sucks.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Amnesty is no longer a thing. Last off season and Gordon's contract was signed years after the cut off.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

They should trade Gordon for a starting SF... if they can get one

NBA lottery pick

Gordon is an embarrassment. I would much rather have a guy like Draymond Green instead.

Could've had Dragic

The Jrue move wasn't terrible, because at least he's still a solid player.

Pelicans should have let Gordon walk though.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The Jrue move wasn't terrible, because at least he's still a solid player.

Pelicans should have let Gordon walk though.
    Totally agree about the Gordon deal. That was ugly when he signed that offer sheet. Regarding the Jrue move, though:

They limited future flexibility, gave up the Noel pick, and the pick that became Elfrid Payton. They had to give up another potential lotto pick to land a legit defensive-minded starting C in Asik. Giving a potential starting C and a lotto pick in supposedly one of most talent-rich draft in years for an overall average-tier starting PG is potentially a terrible deal. And Asik might leave next summer.

Had they not done either deal and assuming that they were starting Payton & Noel this season, that would likely put them in the running for another high lotto pick, which could be one of the top wings in the coming draft.

Hindsight is 20/20 and we may not know if Noel, Payton, or a potential 2015 first round pick even amount to guys of Holliday's or Asik's value, but I would have kept my picks. Would have had potential starting PG, SF, & C all on rookie contracts with a cap that's set to explode.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Yeah eric gordon sucks....

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Holiday is a pretty solid PG. Funny how Pelicans has 2 players that showed so much promise in their rookie seasons in Gordon and Evans but neither really panned out.

Lakers would take both Gordon and Jrue. Both would become stars under Kobe's pressure

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Totally agree about the Gordon deal. That was ugly when he signed that offer sheet. Regarding the Jrue move, though:

They limited future flexibility, gave up the Noel pick, and the pick that became Elfrid Payton. They had to give up another potential lotto pick to land a legit defensive-minded starting C in Asik. Giving a potential starting C and a lotto pick in supposedly one of most talent-rich draft in years for an overall average-tier starting PG is potentially a terrible deal. And Asik might leave next summer.

Had they not done either deal and assuming that they were starting Payton & Noel this season, that would likely put them in the running for another high lotto pick, which could be one of the top wings in the coming draft.

Hindsight is 20/20 and we may not know if Noel, Payton, or a potential 2015 first round pick even amount to guys of Holliday's or Asik's value, but I would have kept my picks. Would have had potential starting PG, SF, & C all on rookie contracts with a cap that's set to explode.

No I agree, they totally jumped the gun. I think it was the new owners first year and he wanted to make a splash? With the new CBA what he should have done is build slowly through the draft.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

As a Sixer fan I was happy to see Holiday go. MCW may never end up being a great PG but I didn't like Holiday's game at all. Evans, Holiday and Gordon all need the ball to be effective which is going to be a problem for them. I appreciate them taking risks to make their team better but I'm not sure that those risks are gonna pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    As a Sixer fan I was happy to see Holiday go. MCW may never end up being a great PG but I didn't like Holiday's game at all. Evans, Holiday and Gordon all need the ball to be effective which is going to be a problem for them. I appreciate them taking risks to make their team better but I'm not sure that those risks are gonna pan out.
    MCW already > Gordon & Jrue

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    MCW already > Gordon & Jrue
    While I suspect that's true, I'd like to see MCW play on a team that isn't filled with D League players so we can all get a better idea of what kind of player he is. I think he's going to be a solid starter. Not an all star but a good solid player.