Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Heat fans would you accept LeBron back?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Get a grip. A guy at the end of his contract signed a contract somewhere else.

How is that betrayal?

it's the Cleveland way of thinking...and many Lebron-opposers have drummed up this thought too, unfortunately

Nope. If I can have a healthy Wade and a healthy Heat roster that we have this year, Lebron can stay in Cleveland. All his drama, stans, haters and media attention was annoying.
    7th game into the year and EVERY single preview talks about how hes gone. I dont care.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Never got the "Would you accept..." thing. Any real fan would accept anyone. What you gonna do? Abandon your team? Larry Hughes always annoyed me. WHen he was a Bull....I didnt end a lifetime of being a fan. I just dealt with it.

Besides Cavs fans were far more upset than Heat fans and made a lot of claims about what they wouldnt accept or want...

Im not gonna call anyone in particular out by posting links and quotes but...ill just say...every single one of them seemed to flip the moment he actually came back.

People talk tough....but they want their teams to win....so they dont really care.

A few weeks ago I would have said absolutely, but now I'm not so sure. As a fan, last year was not fun at all, even before the loss in the finals. There was no joy whatsoever in victories, only relief. Part of that comes with being a great team with high expectations, but something felt different last year than the previous three years. LeBron is an amazing talent but he DOES bring a negative vibe and a lot of hatred. That really gets old after awhile.

LeBron would obviously enhance their title chances, but winning a title isn't everything. I've been privilaged enough to see three of them. This year's team may not win a title but it's going to be a fun season regardless. It feels good to enjoy watching Heat games again.

Banned

Funniest thing in the world would be the Cavs being an absolute disaster this season (think Dwight-Pau-Kobe-Nash Lakers) and Bron tucking tail yet again and going back to Miami like nothing happened. It would be great to see how Nike's PR team would spin that one.

"Let's do it for Miami dawg... it's our city. We gotta do it for them. Hard work on 3, together on 6" :cheesy melodramatic music plays:

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

"Let's do it for Miami dawg... it's our city. We gotta do it for them. Hard work on 3, together on 6" :cheesy melodramatic music plays:

The only messed up thing would be the part where they all come together for the group hug, only 3 fans would show up and actually get into the real huddle

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Funniest thing in the world would be the Cavs being an absolute disaster this season (think Dwight-Pau-Kobe-Nash Lakers) and Bron tucking tail yet again and going back to Miami like nothing happened. It would be great to see how Nike's PR team would spin that one.

if these happen i hope there another maimi heat welcome party

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Who wouldn't want the best player in the world on their team? As much as I want Wade to put up good stats, I'd rather see him put up mediocre stats and the Heat win rings.
    lmao get real son:

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Who wouldn't want the best player in the world on their team? As much as I want Wade to put up good stats, I'd rather see him put up mediocre stats and the Heat win rings.
    We're not talking about Durant or Anthony Davis or Kobe.

NBA All-star

just be sure it's a multi-year one

because you can count on him quitting on his last one

Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

You heat fans are hilarious. just because you are off to a good start means nothing. You do remember when the big 3 first came together that you started 9-8 right? Wade will almost positively break down as he always does. Was it not fun when you guys won back to back titles? I dont seem to recall many "yeah we won, but it wasnt fun" posts.. GTFOH. Dont want lebron back. LMAO

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    You heat fans are hilarious. just because you are off to a good start means nothing. You do remember when the big 3 first came together that you started 9-8 right? Wade will almost positively break down as he always does. Was it not fun when you guys won back to back titles? I dont seem to recall many "yeah we won, but it wasnt fun" posts.. GTFOH. Dont want lebron back. LMAO
    Nope. And I may not be representative, but I wish he never came. You can say 2 championships, but think about 2011 Wade with 2011 Bosh as his sidekick and a supporting cast even better than the one there now. With the money spent on LeBron, they could have had a PG and a C. They would have romped all over the league.

Plus, even if you don't replace the two titles, some things are bigger than that. Some players are bigger than cities and teams. Players like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc. don't really belong to their teams. They belong to America, the world and history.

Wade should have been in that category. One reason he's not perceived that way is that he invited a usurper into his house during the years when he was primed to lead his team to championships.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    lmao get real son:

What does that gif have to do with his skills as a basketball player?

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

You'd have to have been a heat fan for years to truly understand. Wade is the face of the team and to see him digress hurt us more than anything. We don't hold emotional ties to lebron like we do wade so it's no biggie if he leaves. And like I said before, it depends on the outcome of this season. Our play right now seems to be better than last year so we may be better off without him. And besides, he's sucking right now.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

ah, one of the new Cleveland bandwagon fans joins the fold. join date 2006 with 273 posts. i see you came back to ISH when Lebron came back to Cleveland