Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Heat fans would you accept LeBron back?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Nope.

And that's not on some bitter fan steez or anything, I just flat out like watching Dwyane Wade as the primary ball handler and playmaker more. Just flat out more entertaining to watch to me. And I've always maintained that very opinion thru the 4 years LBJ was with the Heat.

The product on the court with LeBron as the center of attention was starting to get a little stale at the tail end of last year, from an entertainment standpoint. And as a fan, that's what's most important me: to be entertained. Plus I still think this team can win....so nah.
    Interesting ...

Local High School Star

no, ive moved on. it was a nice run but he can stay gone.

sure having lebron would guarantee us being title contenders, but this experiment is over. we've maxed it out. the good times are over and its time to start looking at new future. what lays ahead is completely unknown but i feel its gonna be pretty exciting. it reminds of the offseason immediately after rookie wade led the team deep into the playoffs. in the offseason, everyone was excited for the new up and coming exciting team with lamar odom, caron butler, dwade, and even dorrell wright. but when we traded everyone away for shaq, we never got to see it. 12 years later, this situation brings back that same feeling, that same feel good buzz.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Funniest thing in the world would be the Cavs being an absolute disaster this season (think Dwight-Pau-Kobe-Nash Lakers) and Bron tucking tail yet again and going back to Miami like nothing happened. It would be great to see how Nike's PR team would spin that one.

"Let's do it for Miami dawg... it's our city. We gotta do it for them. Hard work on 3, together on 6" :cheesy melodramatic music plays:
    dis ni99a

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Nope.

And that's not on some bitter fan steez or anything, I just flat out like watching Dwyane Wade as the primary ball handler and playmaker more. Just flat out more entertaining to watch to me. And I've always maintained that very opinion thru the 4 years LBJ was with the Heat.

The product on the court with LeBron as the center of attention was starting to get a little stale at the tail end of last year, from an entertainment standpoint. And as a fan, that's what's most important me: to be entertained. Plus I still think this team can win....so nah.

So much this. The past 2-3 years I have literally only watched ten regular season Heat games. 2011 was the exception because it was the first year of the Big 3 and Wade was still a top 3 player in the league. You just couldn't miss the opportunity to watch basically the two best players in the league on the same team. It got to the point where I didn't even know the Heat's record at times because I didn't care to check because I knew they were in all likelihood wins.

This season? I actually look forward to watching Heat games. Despite Wade not being in his prime, it's still a joy to see him being the primary ball-handler.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Heat fan that never wanted him to come here in the first place. He's the best player in the game and I'm thankful for the past 4 years despite ruining Wade's legacy in 2011 but he can stay in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    You heat fans are hilarious. just because you are off to a good start means nothing. You do remember when the big 3 first came together that you started 9-8 right? Wade will almost positively break down as he always does. Was it not fun when you guys won back to back titles? I dont seem to recall many "yeah we won, but it wasnt fun" posts.. GTFOH. Dont want lebron back. LMAO
    I can't speak for all Heat fans, but I made several comments last season in regards to feeling relief more than joy from victories. It got to the point where winning was simply avoiding failure. Yes, winning is GREAT, but it made me realize that winning really isn't the end all be all in terms of enjoying the game. One of my favorite Heat teams ever was '03-'04 and they lost in the second round. Seeing that team get off to a horrendous start, gel together, turn it around to make the playoffs, and then win a playoff series as a superstar emerged was a joy to watch.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

No thank you.

The 2013-2014 season was incredibly boring and stale. There was no excitement at all and I didn't care for so many games.

This season I find myself watching every game and being excited about how the team is going to play and what kind of performance Wade is going to have. Seeing my favorite player of all time being the main ball handler and creator on a team is wonderful.

The ball movement is off the charts, the team defense is great, and everyone seems happy and motivated.

Not having a lot of attention is nice, too.

Of course LeBron is LeBron and is one of the greatest ever, but it'd be the same old shit. He barely acknowledged Miami when leaving and made the team wait for a long time, not allowing them to properly pursue other free agents.

Can't wait for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    He barely acknowledged Miami when leaving and made the team wait for a long time, not allowing them to properly pursue other free agents.

Can't wait for Christmas.
    The beef is real.

College superstar

eh, i feel like most of you heat fans are wade-only fans TBH. no self respecting TEAM fan thinks its "boring" to make the finals and have a chance to compete night in and out. get real.

we'll have to see how miami does, but if wade can lead you all to a championship, then ya, i could see why it would feel more special being underdogs or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    eh, i feel like most of you heat fans are wade-only fans TBH. no self respecting TEAM fan thinks its "boring" to make the finals and have a chance to compete night in and out. get real.

we'll have to see how miami does, but if wade can lead you all to a championship, then ya, i could see why it would feel more special being underdogs or whatever.
    Nope. You have it all wrong.

It's similar to the Shaq situation (not exactly, but still). Amazing players, first ballot HoF, generational talents who have a tiny bit of a diva/egomaniac side to them. I respect their game and what they've brought for the team, but at times it seems like it was all about them and not about the name in the front of the jersey. If they left because they think they can win a ring easier somewhere else, then more power to them.

It was 4 great years, but Heat basketball continues, with or without The King and his circus.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    let me know when lebron produces 28.5 points and 7 assists against the top 8 teams in the nba, then you can talk about comparing stats to 2011 rose.
    You cannot defend Rose anymore without looking like a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    So much this. The past 2-3 years I have literally only watched ten regular season Heat games. 2011 was the exception because it was the first year of the Big 3 and Wade was still a top 3 player in the league. You just couldn't miss the opportunity to watch basically the two best players in the league on the same team. It got to the point where I didn't even know the Heat's record at times because I didn't care to check because I knew they were in all likelihood wins.

This season? I actually look forward to watching Heat games. Despite Wade not being in his prime, it's still a joy to see him being the primary ball-handler.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Heat fan that never wanted him to come here in the first place. He's the best player in the game and I'm thankful for the past 4 years despite ruining Wade's legacy in 2011 but he can stay in Cleveland.
    Finally someone that feels the same way I do.

Gimme Anthony Davis and Steph Curry

C- Davis
    PF-Bosh
    SF-Deng
    G-Wade
    PG- Curry

75 wins
    Last edited by 305Baller; 11-10-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Nope. And I may not be representative, but I wish he never came. You can say 2 championships, but think about 2011 Wade with 2011 Bosh as his sidekick and a supporting cast even better than the one there now. With the money spent on LeBron, they could have had a PG and a C. They would have romped all over the league.

Plus, even if you don't replace the two titles, some things are bigger than that. Some players are bigger than cities and teams. Players like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc. don't really belong to their teams. They belong to America, the world and history.

Wade should have been in that category. One reason he's not perceived that way is that he invited a usurper into his house during the years when he was primed to lead his team to championships.
    Completely agree. In the end, Lebron was more bother than he was worth, particularly with all the groupies and irritating media obsessions (is there a profession with a higher % of d-bags than basketball coverage/reportage?) he brought (as well as the unlikeability the team radiated really because of him alone). I'd give a lot to have the travesty of June 2011 wiped from my mind as well. AND he jumprf ship anyway after we had to put up with all the nonsense he brings with him. I honestly would be surprised if he hadn't been looking for an opportunity to leave, not just because Miami lost, but also because Riley wouldn't let him run all over the organisation like the Cavs have and will again (see Blatt get fired - Bron wanted Spo gone too, but Riley wouldn't let the guy run the team).

A team built around Wade and Bosh would've found it far easier to find a proper balance, and most certainly would have been a big time contender. They could definitely have won a chip or two imo, and would've been competitive each year. And as of now i'm enjoying this year's regular season games more than i did in any of the regular season's with Bron here (with the exception of the 27 game win streak, which was great). People bandy about the 'cohesion' word a lot, but i think Lebron has shown he makes his decisions on his own and decided to join Wade & Bosh after they had already joined up - he joined the party late because he had to have a tv documentary about it. Anything further is pure speculation really.
    Last edited by Dresta; 11-11-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Never got the "Would you accept..." thing. Any real fan would accept anyone. What you gonna do? Abandon your team? Larry Hughes always annoyed me. WHen he was a Bull....I didnt end a lifetime of being a fan. I just dealt with it.

Besides Cavs fans were far more upset than Heat fans and made a lot of claims about what they wouldnt accept or want...

Im not gonna call anyone in particular out by posting links and quotes but...ill just say...every single one of them seemed to flip the moment he actually came back.

People talk tough....but they want their teams to win....so they dont really care.
    This is very true: the question would be better phrased as whether we'd 'want' Lebron back. Though if Bron and his Cavs tank this year and Bron gives Riley a call i could see him hanging up the phone after the childish shit he pulled this offseason (again). Sorry, but if you've just had 4 finals runs with a group of guys you threw in together with (and coach and GM), and you don't even bother to give them an idea of your intentions as to staying or leaving (so they can reorganise not in the dark), you are a **** of pure egotism.

2 egotistical and sensationalist decisions out of 2 it is now. Here's to hoping his early season terribleness is a sign of something so everyone can stop pandering to the trivial wants of such a self-obsessed douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24

You don't get it do you? Wade is Miami, Bron is a legacy-obsessed mercenary; it's pretty bloody obvious why most actual Miami fans are going to prefer Wade to Bron. Personally i think he's a more dynamic and entertaining playmaker to watch than Lebron, and have always felt that way. Bron's 'passing, vision and selflessness' are greatly overrated (the same way people go 'wow' at his no-look passes that serve no purpose and are rarely more than a normal pass with a turned head).

No one was saying making the finals was boring, more that the regular season's were often boring and also frustrating, which is largely true.

It's the same reason you like Kobe more than Shaq, even though Shaq lasted a good deal longer than 4 years (thought the Lebron/Shaq comparison someone made was quite apt - they have that same childish inner voice shouting 'hey everyone, look at me, me, me!!!).
    Last edited by Dresta; 11-11-2014 at 07:08 AM.