Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What Are Some of the Best Coaching Moves In NBA History?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    True.
    But...Pop trying desperately to implement Bonner as a stretch-4 from 09-11 really wasn't good.

College superstar

larry brown throwing the kitchen sink at duncan in game 7 of the 2005 finals. unfortantely it was too late and the spurs squeaked away with a W.

one of the worst game 7 INDIVIDUAL performances in the postseason ever, designed by the great larry brown.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    larry brown throwing the kitchen sink at duncan in game 7 of the 2005 finals. unfortantely it was too late and the spurs squeaked away with a W.

one of the worst game 7 INDIVIDUAL performances in the postseason ever, designed by the great larry brown.
    "His complete game is so sound, so fundamnetal, so unnoticed at times, because if he didn't score, people think, 'Well, he didn't do anything,'" Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "But he was incredible and he was the force that got it done for us."

"You follow your leader," Spurs guard Tony Parker said. "Timmy is the leader of the team, and he just carried us tonight."

"He put his team on his shoulders and carried them to a championship," Pistons' center Ben Wallace said. "That's what the great players do."

"You could tell when he caught the ball, how much more physical he was, getting in position and bumping and grinding and getting shots and making sure he got toward the rim, so that when people came at him he was in good position to open up a teammate," Popovich said.

"A lot of the shots they made, open shots, came as a result of us having a hard time guarding him," Brown said. "That's why he's such a great player."
    And since quotes are the end-all, be-all with you, I'd say this is pretty irrefutable.

Hold this loss, lil man.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    And since quotes are the end-all, be-all with you, I'd say this is pretty irrefutable.

Hold this loss, lil man.
    lol

when did i ever claim quotes were the "end all be all"? i'm a big proponent on numbers and advanced stats - duncan had the second lowest +/- on his team that game, and i believe the worst game score of any starter. facts.

parker and pop calling duncan a leader? nothing new or profound about that. i've maintained that parker/manu were the lead alphas on san antonio dating back to 2007, and as early as 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    lol

when did i ever claim quotes were the "end all be all"? i'm a big proponent on numbers and advanced stats - duncan had the second lowest +/- on his team that game, and i believe the worst game score of any starter. facts.

parker and pop calling duncan a leader? nothing new or profound about that. i've maintained that parker/manu were the lead alphas on san antonio dating back to 2007, and as early as 2006.

Glad you skipped over Brown's quote saying they had a hard time guarding Tim. Or Ben Wallace saying he won them the series.

I distinctly remember your claim for Shaq being Finals MVP in 06 was "Wade called him the best player." Because that's all he had. Wade scored like 3 times as many points as him. And he was only a year or so removed from his prime.

But whatever. If you love numbers, then you'll agree Duncan has still been the team's best player over that period. Raw, advanced, whatever.

One thing: the stats say past-his-prime Duncan > prime Webber. So do the results. Yet Duncan's just a system player and Webber was the better player. At least stay consistent, troll. When you got called on your shit you started back-peddling like a bitch.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Glad you skipped over Brown's quote saying they had a hard time guarding Tim.

i said that brown threw the kitchen sink at duncan, you ****ing clown.

I distinctly remember your claim for Shaq being Finals MVP in 06 was "Wade called him the best player." Because that's all he had. Wade scored like 3 times as many points as him. And he was only a year or so removed from his prime.
    i wont derail this thread, so let me make this quick.

what originally was said, is that shaq drew all the double and triple teams and was the best defensive player and reobunder given the minutes. the quotes just backed what i was saying, like avery johnson being quoted saying everything in his game plan was to stop shaq - that he was the MAIN cog and priority.

last time i will address this with you.

Very good NBA starter

Speaking of 05 Spurs, assigning Bruce Bowen to guard Chauncey Billups in some important moments (particularly Game 7) was brilliant. He mostly guarded Rip or Tayshaun. Bowen's length, when thrown at Chauncey in bursts, was effective and a good call by Pop.