Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default If Cavs lose and Anthony Davis puts up big numbers

There will be alot of threads saying AD > Lebron

Banned

Default Re: If Cavs lose and Anthony Davis puts up big numbers

Davis has performed better than LeBron all season thus far. If he does so on LeBron's home court head to head... why would you consider that trolling?

If my goal is to win it all this year I'm taking Davis over LeBron. Davis has basically proved to me that he can win at the highest level.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

There are already tons of people saying AD>Lebron

AD through the first 5 games has been the best player in the league by a big margin

23/13/2/2/4 on 51% shooting and 82% from the line? this dude is >> anyone right now. He's had an amazing stretch to start the season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    AD through the first 5 games has been the best player in the league by a big margin

23/13/2/2/4 on 51% shooting and 82% from the line? this dude is >> anyone right now. He's had an amazing stretch to start the season.

New award this year - "First Five Games" MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    There will be alot of threads saying AD > Lebron
    Probably because he's been playing like the best player in the world so far this season, and doing it directly against Lebron head to head would only add to that.

And it's not like this is Kawhi or something, who has next to no shot of being the best player in the world and people are just hyping up to spite Lebron fans.. Pretty much any rational basketball fan that saw Davis play last season knew that he was either top 3 going into this year with his offseason improvement/training, or damn close to it. When you're as ridiculously gifted physically as AD and you've already shown rapid improvement in 2 seasons, exceeding expectations from #3 to #1 isn't that implausible a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    New award this year - "First Five Games" MVP
    What's a more prestigious award, First Five Games MVP or Xmas MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Probably because he's been playing like the best player in the world so far this season, and doing it directly against Lebron head to head would only add to that.

And it's not like this is Kawhi or something, who has next to no shot of being the best player in the world and people are just hyping up to spite Lebron fans.. Pretty much any rational basketball fan that saw Davis play last season knew that he was either top 3 going into this year with his offseason improvement/training, or damn close to it. When you're as ridiculously gifted physically as AD and you've already shown rapid improvement in 2 seasons, exceeding expectations from #3 to #1 isn't that implausible a jump.

This brings us more to the question of, "What would it take to be better than LeBron"? I know you won't get much legitimate discussion on this site, but I would argue even when Durant was in MVP form last year (without Westbrook), he was never as good as LeBron. I think Bron was the clear #1 in the league last year. I'm not sure what Brow has to do to be "better" than LeBron, winning the game and the matchup would be a good start. But just because Brow can tally 15 boards and 6 blocks, something leBron won't do, isn't enough to make me say Davis is the better player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

The best player in the league is injured. Congrats to Davis though, he looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This brings us more to the question of, "What would it take to be better than LeBron"? I know you won't get much legitimate discussion on this site, but I would argue even when Durant was in MVP form last year (without Westbrook), he was never as good as LeBron. I think Bron was the clear #1 in the league last year. I'm not sure what Brow has to do to be "better" than LeBron, winning the game and the matchup would be a good start. But just because Brow can tally 15 boards and 6 blocks, something leBron won't do, isn't enough to make me say Davis is the better player.
    Winning.

The W word is the elixir that tangibly shifts people's opinions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    If my goal is to win it all this year I'm taking Davis over LeBron. Davis has basically proved to me that he can win at the highest level.
    Give AD 2 perennial all stars who can still put up 20/10 and 20/4/7 past prime on a top 3 conference team then throw in arguably the best shooter ever... and there's a damn good chance he'd win at the highest level as well.

But just Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday will do for tonight

Very good NBA starter

AD will have to do way more then win a game in Nov. Let's see him in Playoffs first or win a MVP.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    The best player in the league is injured. Congrats to Davis though, he looks fantastic.
    Meh, Davis this year > Durant last year.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

We already know AD is better then Bran now, we don't need to wait until after this game to prove it.