Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Spurs could miss the playoffs this year

Spurs are a great team but Like I said earlier, they had to grind it tonight. It would be great to preserve Tim,Parker, Gino approx 25-27mins a night however both Tim and parker had to play around 35 tonight. Over a whole season, this could increase the risk of injury, fatigue etc.

No one can argue that over a 7 game series starting right now the Spurs aren't favourite to win it all but if they have to grind it like they did tonight..I am not sure the old fellas can hold it together.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Spurs are a great team but Like I said earlier, they had to grind it tonight. It would be great to preserve Tim,Parker, Gino approx 25-27mins a night however both Tim and parker had to play around 35 tonight. Over a whole season, this could increase the risk of injury, fatigue etc.

No one can argue that over a 7 game series starting right now the Spurs aren't favourite to win it all but if they have to grind it like they did tonight..I am not sure the old fellas can hold it together.

They aren't playing the Clippers every night though.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Lmao underrating the spurs every goddam season..... they basically had the snips to defuse the heat dynastyTX

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Who cares. I'd still bet them to make it further than most Western playoff teams even if they were an 8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    Who cares. I'd still bet them to make it further than most Western playoff teams even if they were an 8 seed.
    An 8th seeded Spurs team gives me a betting erection

College superstar

i doubt it - but now that manu and parker are a year older, and finally wrote the wrong (duncan missed a pointblank layup in the 2013 finals to seal the deal) in this past NBA finals - i am not sure they have much left in the tank as far as incentive.

maybe not winning 2x could be something that would motivate them. i dont know though.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    i doubt it - but now that manu and parker are a year older, and finally wrote the wrong (duncan missed a pointblank layup in the 2013 finals to seal the deal) in this past NBA finals - i am not sure they have much left in the tank as far as incentive.

maybe not winning 2x could be something that would motivate them. i dont know though.
    Hyperbole much. The shot wouldn't have even given them the lead.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 11-11-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Decent college freshman

Nah, they'll win 50+ games like always. 8th seed this year will probably need 48 or 49 wins. Even the weakest Spur team in the Duncan era still won 50 games in 2010.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    The shot wouldn't have even given them the lead.
    maybe. maybe not - but we do KNOW that it came at a pivotal time during the game. a big momentum changer. gotta be up there with some of the worst chokes all-time

maybe. maybe not - but we do KNOW that it came at a pivotal time during the game. a big momentum changer. gotta be up there with some of the worst chokes all-time

So you say it would have sealed the deal now you're talking about it changing momentum.

Parker and Manu, our best players the past 8 years according to you, choked far worse.

Parker got outscored by the worst starting PG in the league in games 6 and 7 and Manu was Miami's second most valuable player. But whatever suits your agenda.

College superstar

Parker and Manu, our best players the past 8 years according to you, choked far worse.

Parker got outscored by the worst starting PG in the league in games 6 and 7 and Manu was Miami's second most valuable player. But whatever suits your agenda.
    eh, i dont think they've ever missed two point blank layups on a player they had 4 or 5 inches on.

its not THAT big of a deal i guess, since the spurs made up for that choke the following season.

Decent college freshman

eh, i dont think they've ever missed two point blank layups on a player they had 4 or 5 inches on.

its not THAT big of a deal i guess, since the spurs made up for that choke the following season.
    Duncan, Leonard, Green were the Spurs three best players that series. Not sure why you're finding fault with the performance of a 37 year old having a historic Finals series for someone his age. Parker and Ginobili are the two most at fault for that series.

Parker shoots 26% in the last 2 games. Manu has 12 TOs. Duncan scores 30 and then 24, outproducing Manu and Parker combined.

Duncan choked. Parker and Manu choked and played like D-League scrubs. Not really a comparison.

But yes, making LeBron leave one All-Star threesome and join another more than made up for it.

College superstar

Duncan choked.
    ^^^^ all that needs be said brah

^^^^ all that needs be said brah
    Everyone does though. LeBron has 2 of the 3 worst in NBA history and he's still a top 10 player of all time.

Edit: I still find it funny that you'd call Parker and Manu the best Spurs and not hold them accountable. I guess it just goes to show how easy it is to tell when someone is making things up.