Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Marc Gasol to the Spurs next summer?

I have heard this as well. I'm not confident at ALL that Gasol is going anywhere.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

They've been talking about this in Spanish media for a while is. For the most part, no one believes Spurs would offer Marc Gasol the max, which he could get anywhere else and Marc is most likely thinking for future clearance at this point of his career.

Thing is, if he takes the max at memphis they will be irrelevant for a while, so I'm not sure he wants that either.

Him and Kawhi could carry the team after our aging stars retire. Pop could leave one of his disciples coaching too.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    They've been talking about this in Spanish media for a while is. For the most part, no one believes Spurs would offer Marc Gasol the max, which he could get anywhere else and Marc is most likely thinking for future clearance at this point of his career.

Thing is, if he takes the max at memphis they will be irrelevant for a while, so I'm not sure he wants that either.

I disagree with the irrelevancy on Memphis. TA's getting older but still spry, Prince is expiring, Randolph will be a double double guy til he retires, and the cap's about to shoot through the roof. Only thing that's really concerning for the future is their ability to find a young scoring/shooting wing to inject the core with some youth.

I don't think it's a given he stays, but he's in a good situation here and in a city he loves. Similar to the Spurs, he has built an unbelievable chemistry with Conley and Randolph for the last five years. The Spurs have shown that continuity keeps you winning. Also,He hasn't shown any of Pau's big city wanderlust to this point.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Also want to add an amusing Marc story. A friend of mine served him and Darko Milicic at a restaurant a couple years back. I saw the receipts, and Marc outdrank Darko 13 Stella Artois to 10 over the course of an hour 15, hour 30 tops. They were both unfazed. Although my friend said Darko was an ass and depressed about being on Minnesota.

Perfect fit! That bball IQ and passing

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

More news about Marc Gasol to the Spurs.

I would really hope that if they do sign Gasol next summer that they can talk Duncan and Ginobili into sticking around one more season. I would love to see one season with Gasol playing Center and Duncan at PF.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ace-tim-duncan

I'm sure this is unfounded. Spurs don't let this stuff out. Pure assumption.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Why do most seem to think Gasol is leaving Memphis?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Why do most seem to think Gasol is leaving Memphis?
    When u have the best defensive player in the league everyones gonna go out their way to find a scenario when they get him