Default Did Kobe make Gasol and Dwight worse as players?

Currently Gasol and Dwight are leading their respective teams to top seeds in their conferences. They are also avg higher ppg. Correlation?

Kobe seems to make his teammates worse with his cancer like mentality.

Default Re: Did Kobe make Gasol and Dwight worse as players?

No. Dwight was coming off injury and Pau Gasol basically quit on the team after 2011.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Dwight - yeah. Pau was 1b on 2 title teams so not really.
    Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb; 11-17-2014 at 08:06 PM.

No, Kobe and Phil made Gasol better, because Gasol had no problem being the second guy.

But after going off in the 2010 Playoffs he wanted the offense to run through him more...then Kobe started with his little games (giving Gasol the ball in bad positions and making him do something...not giving him the ball at all). Both were to blame there, because Gasol became soft as **** and a real bitch.

Kobe made Dwight worse. Just like he made Shaq worse in 03 and 04.

Moral of the story: never pair Kobe with a guy who wants to be the man. His ego can't handle it. Then again, neither could most high scoring wing player.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    No, Kobe and Phil made Gasol better, because Gasol had no problem being the second guy.

But after going off in the 2010 Playoffs he wanted the offense to run through him more...then Kobe started with his little games (giving Gasol the ball in bad positions and making him do something...not giving him the ball at all). Both were to blame there, because Gasol became soft as **** and a real bitch.

Moral of the story: never pair Kobe with a guy who wants to be the man. His ego can't handle it. Then again, neither could most high scoring wing player.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    No. Dwight was coming off injury and Pau Gasol basically quit on the team after 2011.
    This. Gasol's numbers SKYROCKETED the year he was traded to LA, you could see the immediate impact playing alongside a player like Kobe had on him, if anything, he made him better than he was as a first option in Memphis.

In Dwight's case - dude came back earlier than expected (he was supposed to be out at least a month or two of the regular season, played with a bad back), Kobe didn't make Howard miss them free throws or not protect the rim as much , Dwight got his touches but he had beef with the Front Office.

Absolutely. I can't name one teammate he's made better.

lol? Gasol was pure garbage in 2011 & 2012 Playoffs bro, I know you can't be serious with this bullshit.

And I know damn well you know Dwight played injured in LA, once he got better (And Kobe started passing the ball more), Lakers won 70% of their games. Without Kobe being there to take away shots from Gasol & Dwight and Nash being there in the Playoffs in 2013, they got one of the worst beatings Lakers have ever gotten in NBA history. Why didn't they dominate without Kobe being there to take away shots from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Laugh all you want...you can't refute it.

Kobe chucked his team out of the Playoffs in 03 and 04. One of ESPN's guys (Marc Stein I think?) made a comment around 2012 that Kobe has been trying to make Pau look bad on the court because he's complaining about touches. And the Dwight thing is very well documented. Kobe didn't adapt his game for the team...after bringing in another superstar and after crashing out of the Playoffs two years in a row.

I don't blame Kobe for Dwight leaving...because Dwight is a clown who wanted Kobe amnestied and D'Antoni gone. But that doesn't mean Kobe made him better either.

Laugh all you want...you can't refute it.

Kobe chucked his team out of the Playoffs in 03 and 04. One of ESPN's guys (Marc Stein I think?) made a comment around 2012 that Kobe has been trying to make Pau look bad on the court because he's complaining about touches. And the Dwight thing is very well documented. Kobe didn't adapt his game for the team...after bringing in another superstar and after crashing out of the Playoffs two years in a row.

I don't blame Kobe for Dwight leaving...because Dwight is a clown who wanted Kobe amnestied and D'Antoni gone. But that doesn't mean Kobe made him better either.

More bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    lol? Gasol was pure garbage in 2011 & 2012 Playoffs bro, I know you can't be serious with this bullshit.

And I know damn well you know Dwight played injured in LA, once he got better (And Kobe started passing the ball more), Lakers won 70% of their games. Without Kobe being there to take away shots from Gasol & Dwight and Nash being there in the Playoffs in 2013, they got one of the worst beatings Lakers have ever gotten in NBA history. Why didn't they dominate without Kobe being there to take away shots from them?
    I don't really get your first paragraph? When did I say otherwise. You can read quite clearly in my post that Kobe made Gasol better...and Gasol deserved a lot of blame because he became a bitch. Still doesn't mean Kobe didn't freeze him out or throw him under the bus on the court...as he's done with most of his teammates.

See my above post for Dwight. Why is it with Kobe you people always have to defend him? If Dwight joined the Spurs there'd be no need for this convo in the first place. It always seems to be Kobe involved with these player-player feuds...and it's always the other guy to blame (Shaq, Pau, Dwight).

People gave Dwight shit for his play in LA, but he was coming off back surgery. Didn't look anything close to what he did in Orlando. And despite that he still played better as the season went along.

Pau had some of his best seasons in LA

SavageRentFreeMode
    Roundmoundofrentfree
    Durentfree
    LebronxRent
    LeRent23

The rent free family

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Gasol still hasn't won a single playoff game without Kobe, stop being stupid. Trolls been waiting 10 years for this eh?