Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why did the Jazz draft Exum??

Seriously, idiots barely even play him..

Lakers could have had him and not wasted all that money on fu*king scrub Lin

Default Re: Why did the Jazz draft Exum??

The Magic took Aaron G, and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Seriously, idiots barely even play him..

Lakers could have had him and not wasted all that money on fu*king scrub Lin
    We don't play him because he would get destroyed out there? He's only 19 and needs to be eased into the NBA. How many minutes does he get per game? Oh, 18? Yeah. That's fine. He's getting experience. But he's not better than Trey Burke right now. He would bust with the Lakers. You can't play someone too much too early.

The kid has loads of potential and he's shown glimpses despite the less than impressive statistics. Don't gloss over the box scores boys

I'm not sold on Exum or Burke. Burks is the real deal though. Best player on that team.

Is that trey burks? I caught the Bulls Jazz game today he was beasting

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Is that trey burks? I caught the Bulls Jazz game today he was beasting

That was Trey Burke. He plays PG. Alec Burks is the starting SG.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm not sold on Exum or Burke. Burks is the real deal though. Best player on that team.
    Favors and Hayward are way better.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    love burks. he's a beast.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    We don't play him because he would get destroyed out there? He's only 19 and needs to be eased into the NBA. How many minutes does he get per game? Oh, 18? Yeah. That's fine. He's getting experience. But he's not better than Trey Burke right now. He would bust with the Lakers. You can't play someone too much too early.

He is better than Trey actually. Too bad they don't have Neto or a vet to help ease him in though.

Favors and Hayward are way better.
    So far this year anyway. He was arguably their best player last year. Amazing what Kanter does when they actually let him play.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    He is better than Trey actually. Too bad they don't have Neto or a vet to help ease him in though.

So far this year anyway. He was arguably their best player last year. Amazing what Kanter does when they actually let him play.
    I'm not convinced he's going to be good but he's certainly not ready for real minutes yet. He looked decent in a few games and in other games he looks overmatched and not strong enough. He is a project if there ever was one. There is no way in hell he can be anyone's pointguard this year. And yes I've seen all the games. He seemed like he improved his jumpshot but in reality he just shot well for a few games. Now he's back down around 40% and his 3pt is in the low 30s and it will continue to drop. He's an abysmal FT shooter which doesn't bode well if you're trying to improve someone's jumper. The thing he's best at is getting to the rim but in the NBA he doesn't look that special at it. If he never develops a jumpshot it won't matter because every team will just sag off of him. He's not a great passer, he's average. Right now there is nothing about his game that is clearly better than other players. While Smart is a poor shooter and a average passer at best, he's an awesome defender. Payton is a much better passer and ball handler and is a good defender. Exum doesn't have any of those things yet. We'll see but if you think he's ready to play a lot this year you're mistaken.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

You're seeing a different player than me that's for sure. He's probably been the best spot up shooter on the Jazz not that that is saying much but it was supposed to be his weakness. He's shown a variety of effective runners. His length has given people trouble on D. He makes lots of nice passes. He's smart and stats don't show a lot of what he does out there. He might be too unselfish and not aggressive enough but other than that he's looked really good and getting better by the day. Everyone in the Jazz starting line-up needs shots. He doesn't. Much better fit with Burke gunning in-effecitvely off the bench.

I actually do think Utah should give Exum a shot at starting. I think he's just a better fit than Burke. And Exum has been surprisingly good given his age and he has a pretty mature game with the way he plays with pace.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    You're seeing a different player than me that's for sure. He's probably been the best spot up shooter on the Jazz not that that is saying much but it was supposed to be his weakness. He's shown a variety of effective runners. His length has given people trouble on D. He makes lots of nice passes. He's smart and stats don't show a lot of what he does out there. He might be too unselfish and not aggressive enough but other than that he's looked really good and getting better by the day. Everyone in the Jazz starting line-up needs shots. He doesn't. Much better fit with Burke gunning in-effecitvely off the bench.
    This is what I'm saying. He had a few games where he shot well for sure. Since then he's shot much worse. He's a horrendous FT shooter so I don't think that his jumper has gotten better at all. He will end up the season shooting under 40% for sure. So if you're expecting him to be a spot up shooter for them, it'll never happen. We're 11 games in or so and he's playing pretty much exactly how I imagined him playing. The first week of the season he had a couple nice games and has come back down to earth. It doesn't mean he's gonna suck but there is just no way he should be starting. I still don't see anything about his game that is as good as Smart or Payton. Not that they will be superstars but what I mean is that Smart will have a career just on his D alone and Payton can D and pass (although w Dipo back he's not gonna get heavy minutes I suspect) but with Exum I don't see him as having one thing that is better than other guys. We'll see but it's a long season and I don't expect much from him.

Funny to see this thread on ISH after everyone was hyping him up prior to the season