Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Default Re: So who started the pendulum/rub dribble style?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Not the bext anlge but....

Jerry West was called for palming on that. He just got on the side of the ball. Called like that Derrick Rose has 15 turnovers a game.
    what the hell

are we looking at the same gif

they called a palm because he DID palm BLATANTLY that would get called in any era. You're likening that to the typical dribbling style of today's player .

So in your mind

this:

is equivalent to this?:

Jesus Christ, ok so I can cross you and other rambling old dude Lazzeruss off the list of people I can listen too regarding previous eras.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: So who started the pendulum/rub dribble style?

Who said it was equivalent? Look at it full speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDRQ0FYhC0U

Now look at this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TAwv7CIlqQ

Rondo, rose, Kidd and others got away with those super carries so often people stopped even looking for it to be called.

Its not an issue of if West carried or not...the issue is...if he carried what are these guys doing? Especially on the break. Guys do more egregious shit than West did there every game...

Dudes just get under the ball and run with it. Watching old footage...the number of carries called on normal plays...I cant see Jerry getting away with shit like that.

Rose is my favorite player...but hes seen him cup the ball 3-4 times straight standing in place. Grant Hill did it too.

There was an NBA commercial years ago showing Grant slow motion spin the ball in his palm before dribbling....he dribbled....picked it up and spun it a bit hand under the ball....turned it back over and kept going.

Nobody cared. You just couldnt do things like that back in the day. Not a then vs now...quality issue.

Just a....watching how those games are called vs ours...thing.