Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Could this be the most dominant rebounding performance in adult basketball history?

We all have heard about the rebounding records that Wilt, Russell, Rodman and Moses hold in the NBA, so it's now pretty easy to find their performances.

But, how about adult male basketball overall? I've found this boxscore, and this rebounding performance is the craziest I've ever seen, regardless of level. Anyone ever seen a more dominant one?

Here's the box:
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...ndID_2547.html

Default Re: Could this be the most dominant rebounding performance in adult basketball history?

zero blocks for the entire game
    sabonis was a big dude.

Default Re: Could this be the most dominant rebounding performance in adult basketball history?

paging euroleague

College superstar

Didn't both Barkley and Rodman have a game each where they also outrebounded the opposing team by themselves? I have to look that up. But this was a dominating performance by Sabonis.

Edit:
    Found the Barkley game
    Last edited by jlip; 11-28-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Didn't both Barkley and Rodman have a game each where they also outrebounded the opposing team by themselves? I have to look that up. But this was a dominating performance by Sabonis.

Edit:
    Found the Barkley game
    Υes, but what made me put Sabonis' performance here is that he did so in 22 minutes! This rebounding % is completely off the charts - basically, he was rebounding at a pace twice as high as the opponent team combined.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Υes, but what made me put Sabonis' performance here is that he did so in 22 minutes! This rebounding % is completely off the charts - basically, he was rebounding at a pace twice as high as the opponent team combined.
    I hadn't noticed that. Sabonis for the win!

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Rodman had a 27 rebound game (9 offensive) in 29 minutes.
    Jayson Williams had a 22 rebound game (11 offensive) in 25 minutes.
    Bynum 30 rebounds in 37 minutes.

Team Reb total: 47 Sabonis (29).
    Last edited by dunksby; 11-28-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    didn't see that the first time. crazy rebounding rate

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Team Reb total: 32 Sabonis (29).
    You misread that, they had 32 defensive rebounds, 47 total

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    You misread that, they had 32 defensive rebounds, 47 total

Must have come against a 6-5 white center from the 60's...

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Must have come against a 6-5 white center from the 60's...

College superstar

very impressive, but this was done against subpar competition. i've seen games from shaq, ben wallace, and researched russell and wilt rebounding matchups, that i find more relevant and extraordinary.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Stopped reading after http:\\www.fiba