Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Could this be the most dominant rebounding performance in adult basketball history?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

Damn...if I didn't know better, those guys look like the mirror images of Andrew Bogut, David Lee, Ricky Rubio, and Kevin Love...

Default Re: Could this be the most dominant rebounding performance in adult basketball history?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Damn...if I didn't know better, those guys look like the mirror images of Andrew Bogut, David Lee, Ricky Rubio, and Kevin Love...
    Damn...if I didn't know better, that guy look like the mirror images of Wilt

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

Obviously BOTH players are jumping as high as they can.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 11-28-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Bogut is 6-11 and about 250.

How about Tom Boerwinkle, who was a FULL 7-0, and at his peak, around 280 (BB-reference lists him at 265.)

Chamberlain used to mop the floor with Boerwinkle.

BTW, Boerwinkle holds the Bulls record for rebounds in a game, at 37.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    very impressive, but this was done against subpar competition. i've seen games from shaq, ben wallace, and researched russell and wilt rebounding matchups, that i find more relevant and extraordinary.
    I know, I just wanted to post the craziest domination I've seen regardless of competition, as long as it involves adult men. Whoever knows of anything comparable, post it, be it from Venezuela, Lebanon, Egypt, whatever.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Empty Stats Fitzgerald White.

How about Tom Boerwinkle, who was a FULL 7-0, and at his peak, around 280 (BB-reference lists him at 265.)

Do you really think Wilt would toss around Marc Gasol, or a PRIME Sabonis like a rag doll?
    That Wilt would drop 40-20 on them while holding them below a double double?

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Do you really think Wilt would toss around Marc Gasol, or a PRIME Sabonis like a rag doll?
    That Wilt would drop 40-20 on them while holding them below a double double?
    First of all, and contrary to popular MYTH, a 22 year old, college, skinny 226 lb David Robinson outplayed a PEAK Sabonis in their '88 Olympic H2H. He outscored him, 19-12, was only outrebounded, 13-12, and they were virtually even in blocked shots and assists.

In their NBA career H2H's, a Robinson who was in a slow decline, just wiped the floor with Sabonis. In one H2H, he outscored Sabonis, 39-16, on 17-31 shooting, while outrebounding him, 9-7. Overall in their 23 career H2H's, Robinson DOMINATED Sabonis. And keep in mind that the age difference was about a year.

And we know that Shaq just CRUSHED Sabonis in their career NBA H2H's. MULTIPLE 40+ games against him.

A PRIME Chamberlain was a shade shorter than Arvydas, probably longer (7-8 wingspan, not sure what Sabonis' was), CLEARLY more athletic, likely stronger (probably MUCH stronger...geez pics of an '80's Sabonis show him with ordinary arms), and was his post-up game was considerably better..

40-20 against Sabonis? If a Robinson was capable of 39 point games, and games with 21 rebounds, and Shaq was ROUTINELY hanging 30-40+ games on Sabonis...a PRIME Chamberlain would have SLAUGHTERED Sabonis.

Gasol? You are kidding right. He is lead-footed, with no vertical, and very little lateral quickness. Again, if Shaq were pouring in games of 40+ on MUTOMBO, then a PRIME Chamberlain would have done the same to BOTH Mutombo AND Gasol. Incidently, give me a list of the "high-powered" scoring centers that Gasol has faced in his NBA career.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 11-28-2014 at 10:01 PM.

BTW, Sabonis' career is vastly over-rated here. He was never a big-time scorer, at any point in his career, whether over-seas or here.

Furthermore, an OLD Bob McAdoo was a MUCH better scorer in the Euro league...from age 36 thru 42.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_McAdoo

[QUOTE]He then played in Italy, in the Olimpia Milano team, as one of the best American players ever seen in Europe and the FIBA European Champions Cup (now known as the Euroleague). He led Milano to the Italian Serie A and FIBA European Champions Cup (twice) championships, with averages of 26.1 points per game and 10.2 rebounds per game. Later he played for the Italian clubs Filanto Forl

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i got a 40 rebound game in 20 minutes once at the ymca

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    i got a 40 rebound game in 20 minutes once at the ymca
    where is that quad seoson guy?

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Barkley 6`4 3/4 ft at age 33...33 Rebounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57bkqZqNxE
    Last edited by Round Mound; 11-29-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Didn't Love have a 30 and 30 game last season....

30 boards in the NBA >>>>>>>>>>> 29 boards in rando league.

There were 89 missed shots in the game. I can not tell how many rebounds were available, but Sabonis played 22 mins out of 40. His team shot the ball so well, they created a huge gap and Sabonis didn't have to go all time. Probably there were more missed shots in the garbage time.

All in all, approximately there were rebounds available in a range of 35-45 in Sabonis' play time. And he grabbed 65-85% of them. And still, it wasn't like being a role player and grabbing 8-10 rebounds in 6-8 mins.

I know, basketball is an American game and some of you guys love discrediting FIBA basketball. But it's something you should be able to admire.

---

My only candidate against this performance would be Moses' outrebounding an entire team by himself in 1982. And that's it.

wat u kno about tom boerwinkle??

-Smak