Default Parker vs Price and KJ

Would you take the Frenchman over Mark Price or Kevin Johnson? All in their primes.

Default Re: Parker vs Price and KJ

Parker and Price is close. I think Price would be even better in today's era, with the emphasis on passing and long-range shots. I'd still probably take Parker though.

Prime KJ > prime Parker without hesitation.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Would you take the Frenchman over Mark Price or Kevin Johnson? All in their primes.
    Give me Parker easily over Price. And as far as KJ, it would be close, but I still take Parker. KJ couldn't finish at the rim as well or suck in the defense as well. And there was never a time when playoff teams completely focused on KJ like they do Parker. Parker for the past two playoffs is getting every team's best defensive stopper. KJ could never garner that.

KJ > Price > Parker

Parker is a system player.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    KJ > Price > Parker

Parker is a system player.
    Solid argument.

Me personally, give me KJ and Price over Parker. KJ and Price were pass first PG's who ALSO had alpha dog ability. Parker is a shoot first PG and I'm USUALLY partial to pass first PG's who can also takeover a game scoring. Most of the GOAT PG's were in that mold.

I do agree that Pop's system allowed Tony to play his game while racking up rings. Pop encouraged Tony to be a score first PG, even though he had HOFers like Duncan, Robinson, and Manu around him. I think The Spurs would have been EVEN BETTER with a peak KJ or Mark Price in that system. They could score just as good while being better floor generals. Manu took A LOT OF HEAT off Tony in terms of dropping dimes. If it was KJ or Price, it would be THE OPPOSITE and Manu would benefit more scoring wise.

Honestly, healthy? Both Price and especially KJ were better.