Local High School Star

Default Can the Knicks win a championship in the next century?

I don't see this Knicks being relevant this entire century. Can they win on the next century?

Default Re: Can the Knicks win a championship in the next century?

They got 75 years to win a ring, the NBA turns just 70 in 2016 and they already have won in these ~70 years. Thus making your thread almost mathematically impossible.

Yep

Hardaway jr, Larkin, dalembert
    For
    Knight and illyasova, 2nd

AMARE
    For
    Josh smith and jerebko

Calderon/knight
    Smith/shumpert
    Carmelo
    Smith/illyasova
    Bargnani/smith

Yeah. This year and the next 2. 3peat

You would think so, but hell, the Cubs haven't won a championship in 106 years, so you never know

I'm convinced it won't be during my lifetime

In order of my fav teams likelihood of winning it all going forward, they are last

Mets
    Giants
    Knicks

I dream of the 90s when they played defense and their star player played defense and they had players with heart... but never won a ring... yet they would be a breath of fresh air compared to the star leading the Knicks now. No commitment to leadership from him.

Local High School Star

Can op lose his virginity within this century? Outside of prison Odds are, no.

There's quite a few teams with no titles. The Knicks have actually won titles. Why would we be behind those teams? Especially with some teams putting finances above winning.

The worst thing the Knicks could do this year is panic and spend resources trying to improve this year. Look at the Nets. They traded everything to go from not close to a title to much less not close to a title. That's not a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There's quite a few teams with no titles. The Knicks have actually won titles. Why would we be behind those teams? Especially with some teams putting finances above winning.

The worst thing the Knicks could do this year is panic and spend resources trying to improve this year. Look at the Nets. They traded everything to go from not close to a title to much less not close to a title. That's not a good plan.
    There is a big difference between adding guys that are either done or on their last legs and adding guy that can be part of a team moving forward.

Josh smith or illyasova or knight or wroten are all good ideas.

You are right if you're saying don't add Kobe because that won't make the difference.

I don't get where the belief in the Big Bang (gasol, Durant, and whoever coming over for free) comes from. You really don't believe that the team has to get better before superstars show up at your door?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Still don't think we've seen enough to tell what kind of GM Jackson will be. But an odd thought: They might be further along in the rebuilding process if they had let Anthony go. As a rebuilding move does trading Anthony for picks, youth and/or cap space make sense? I wouldn't settle for less than lottery picks and/or All-Star potential but I would absolutely listen to offers.

The same answer to whether or not you and Maywethers dumb ass will ever get in the ring together.