Default Kobe's (in)efficiency stems from lack of success in the post

Just by watching the games and looking at the shot chart, it's obvious that the place he struggles shooting from the most (outside the 3pt range), is the post. Dude 32/111 (29%) from 3 to 16 feet away from the basket.

On the flip side, he's shooting 48/103 (47%) from 16 feet to the 3pt line

Dude has been ice cold from the high post, he's missed one easy shot after another from that place, which has really killed him and his team this season.

Some of it comes from playing him too much at times and he starts taking bad shots from frustration, other times they are just easy opportunities that he's messed up.

I do not expect this trend to continue for the rest of the season, because usually those spots have been his strength throughout his illustrious career. In 2013, he was 221/474 from 3 to 16 feet, he was very efficient shooting from the high post, he was among the 3 best post players (per statistics) that season, at one point, he had the highest pps and fg% in the post among all players, and that's the season both Lebron and KD were killing it from there as well.

Just take a look for yourself

2012-13
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2013/

2014-15
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2015/

To sum up, Kobe's efficiency (barring injuries) will rise due to the simple fact that he's missed shots that he normally makes in his sleep. He's obviously not going to be as effective as the years past, but he will improve athletically and we'll see a more efficienct Kobe as the season goes on.

Thank You.

Default Re: Kobe's (in)efficiency stems from lack of success in the post

kobe "bean" bryaNt will progress from game to game. at the end nobody will remember how he sucked at the beginning of the season. im sure, we will se progression starting with the new year at the latest.

but all this doesnt change the fact, that he is cancer for teamplay and harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    kobe "bean" bryaNt will progress from game to game. at the end nobody will remember how he sucked at the beginning of the season. im sure, we will se progression starting with the new year at the latest.
    There's no doubt in my mind he will have a nice stretch of games and his averages will come along. Dude's been struggling out there and he's leading the league in scoring .

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    There's no doubt in my mind he will have a nice stretch of games and his averages will come along. Dude's been struggling out there and he's leading the league in scoring .

look, the few games i watched from the lakers kobe even missed easy layups. that is not kobe. its impossible to miss layups or open 8-12 footer for a guy like kobe. we all know that.

but it would be better that he wouldnt care so much about his ppg or passing mj. i think it would be better to build up harmony and a good ambiance in the team this (lost) season, so they can attack the next season as a strong welded together team.

i watched some mavs games of the 2009/2010 season and is saw dirk having so much fun with matt caroll, a guy who barely played a year in dallas, averaging 5min a game. that was so funny to see how these guys were having fun.

on the other hand we have kobe...

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    look, the few games i watched from the lakers kobe even missed easy layups. that is not kobe. its impossible to miss layups or open 8-12 footer for a guy like kobe. we all know that.

but it would be better that he wouldnt care so much about his ppg or passing mj. i think it would be better to build up harmony and a good ambiance in the team this (lost) season, so they can attack the next season as a strong welded together team.

i watched some mavs games of the 2009/2010 season and is saw dirk having so much fun with matt caroll, a guy who barely played a year in dallas, averaging 5min a game. that was so funny to see how these guys were having fun.

on the other hand we have kobe...
    There is no harmony with the way this team is built. Kobe's problem is that he puts high expectations on himself and his teams, and when they're not producing (including him) the way he thought they would, he takes it out on them by shooting a lot of bad shots. It's always been that way. But history has shown that he's adapted his game, but this team is in a too big of a hole to climb out of. If he had a Dwight Howard on his side, I would believe that they'd pull off the kind of Playoff run they did in 2013.

But he's going to look better as the year goes on, but at this point they should keep losing games to secure that draft pick. It could be the difference next year. Lakers would be more attractive if they had two lottery picks + Kobe + Young + 20 mil in cap space next year. Then we could talk about potential big name FAs looking our way, because they'd have something to come to other than a past-prime Kobe that's owed 25 mil.

People need to understand that this Laker team has to continue to tank and they need to stop criticizing every single loss like this team is playing for a Playoff spot or something. These guys are competitors, but the kind of defense they are playing, there's no way anyone's giving a 100% on the team right now. Guys are just putting up numbers on offense to get them a new contract next season.