Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Default Re: Marc Gasol is a product of the Memphis system...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I understand they desperately want to pick one player who might be "the guy" responsible for that Grizzly success but the truth is they are like the Spurs, where 3 guys are the most & equally responsible.... there is no clear MVP of those teams, nor a damn DPOY.... Im sorry but there is no MVP of that team, there is no "the man" of that team, you might aswell hand the MVP to Zach Randolph or Conley (who is their leader and "best player" by way of Marc Gasols own mouth), they deserve it just as much..... and lets make one thing also clear, defensively it is Tony Allen who is the best there....
    you're living in the past

Marc is the engine of this team. How he goes is how we go,” said Randolph. “He’s come back in great shape and is being aggressive. That’s what we need to give us a chance to get where we want to be. You can’t double-team both of us, and that’s why we’re a good tandem. He draws so much attention which allows me to execute and be successful in the paint.”
    “It helps that he’s able to be another playmaker and another guy who’s able to get the offense running and create for other people. As a point guard, you don’t want all the load on your shoulders and he definitely takes a lot of that off of me,” Conley said.

“Marc’s a great teammate and looks out for everybody almost like a big brother. He also stands behind his teammates and is willing to stick up for people which guys respect. That’s the kind of leadership you want,” said Conley.
    team clearly sees Marc as the guy

don't be fooled just because Marc has the rare skill for a franchise guy to pass to the open man

Very good NBA starter

Can't believe this troll thread went 7 pages

How can you expect us to believe that Marc would be the same player ANYWHERE else.

You can't. In Memphis he has superior coaching and high quality guards that get him easy looks all night long. Not to mention he's playing with the BEAST down low in Zach Randolph. He bails out Marc more times than not.

OP bringing up CBA and D-League titles to discredit Marc. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    OP bringing up CBA and D-League titles to discredit Marc. Nice.
    No...

I'm showing you that Joerger has won EVERYWHERE he has coached. He's a winner. His formula works. He has the accolades to prove this. And he's already on the road to winning it at the highest level in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    How can you expect us to believe that Marc would be the same player ANYWHERE else.

You can't. In Memphis he has superior coaching and high quality guards that get him easy looks all night long. Not to mention he's playing with the BEAST down low in Zach Randolph. He bails out Marc more times than not.
    actually , when i think about it, isnt Cousins even more of a product of the Kings system?

I would love to see him put up those stats ANYWHERE else

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    actually , when i think about it, isnt Cousins even more of a product of the Kings system?

I would love to see him put up those stats ANYWHERE else
    Hardly. This season is the only season that the Kings have been honestly a competitive team since Boogie came into the league. He was putting up BIG stats even before he had a decent supporting cast. Can't say the same for Gasol...

Take this for example... Kings play Grizzlies with Demarcus, they are beating them by 20+ points when he was on the court. When they play them again without Boogie, they lost by 15+ points. He has a HUGE impact both defensively and offensively. The stats show this.

On the flipside of the coin... Memphis still made the post season WITHOUT Gasol... Just think about that. In the west....

i'm going of eye test.

also.. DMC had the luxury of having his teammates and coaches tailormade for him (dumping IT, Tyreke, getting Collison and Gay for example)

Marc had do adapt and grow alongside the players he was given

What?