Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jimmy Butler Sweepstakes. Top 5 SF?

No point in arguing if he's a SG or SF. In the past,he's played a full season mainly as SF and even plays it some now. But he's technically an SG and in the Bulls system, that's his primary spot. He's really stepped up on offense and improved in that aspect. I dig it when young guys step up their scoring once the superstars go down. In terms of two way SG's, Butler and Klay are likely the top two in the league. Kobe and Wade aren't what they used to be on D and Harden's D is suspect.
    Last edited by bizil; 12-01-2014 at 07:50 PM.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    No point in arguing if he's a SG or SF. In the past,he's played a full season mainly as SF and even plays it some now. But he's technically an SG and in the Bulls system, that's his primary spot. He's really stepped up on offense and improved in that aspect. I dig it when young guys step up their scoring once the superstars go down. In terms of two way SG's, Butler and Klay are likely the top two in the league. Kobe and Wade aren't what they used to be on D and Harden's D is suspect.
    This. He's got the size to hang with the biggest and baddest 3's and the quickness to defend guys like Montae at the 2. He's the good kind of tweener.

Top 5 WR

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Top 5?

... but he's the second coming to Bull's fans. Gonna win a ship with him and Pau. Maybe even 2!

not.
    No one said that. Not every team can land a Lebron or Westbrook and not every fan wants to just team hop to whatever team these type of superstars are on. Gasol and Butler are both playing surprisingly well so far this season, and we have the grit and system to challenge anyone- despite not being favorites in terms of pure talent. We're not allowed to be just a little bit excited?

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    No one said that. Not every team can land a Lebron or Westbrook and not every fan wants to just team hop to whatever team these type of superstars are on. Gasol and Butler are both playing surprisingly well so far this season, and we have the grit and system to challenge anyone- despite not being favorites in terms of pure talent. We're not allowed to be just a little bit excited?
    You and one other level headed fan. I'm just taking the piss out of some of the other Bulls fans here who can't seem to forget about Carmelo. I have a great deal of respect for your coach and team's history.

That's the way it goes around here, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    This. He's got the size to hang with the biggest and baddest 3's and the quickness to defend guys like Montae at the 2. He's the good kind of tweener.
    I agree he's a great kind of tweener! He's has great defensive versatility and he's a swingman type of player who can defend PG, SF, and SF. And probably even some smaller stretch PF's. With guys like Melo and Durant, I want them playing SF and in today's game their secondary position is more of a PF. Butler is more of your old fashioned kind of swingman. U make an equal case for him to play SG or SF quite frankly.
    Last edited by bizil; 12-01-2014 at 08:34 PM.

In terms of Melo, I think he made a huge mistake basketball wise not going to the Bulls. The progression of Butler's game is a huge reason why. It would have given Melo a lockdown versatile defender capable of scoring 20 points a night. When u think about that, Melo has NEVER played with a SG like that. Couple that with a great frontline, The Bulls could have won a title THIS YEAR even without a healthy Rose. Melo may have left a couple of rings on the table by not going to the Bulls. They are ready to roll NOW! The Knicks aren't ready to win now and might not EVER build a team for Melo to compete with.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Yeah Melo made a mistake, but we knew that before Butler blew up.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

Thank God Melo is a cheap bastard

Bulls wouldve won it all this year

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Yeah Melo made a mistake, but we knew that before Butler blew up.
    I agree! But Butler has REALLY emerged as a bonafide two way threat. Due to the fact Melo has never really played with a bonafide two way SG who can defend multiple positons, it made the Bulls even a BETTER FIT! Even with Rose NOT IN THE LINEUP, Melo on the Bulls would have a great chance to win a ring. The emergence of Butler is the reason why. I knew what Pau, Noah, and Gibson would do. I DIDN'T see Butler improving his scoring as much as he has.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

I agree! But Butler has REALLY emerged as a bonafide two way threat. Due to the fact Melo has never really played with a bonafide two way SG who can defend multiple positons, it made the Bulls even a BETTER FIT! Even with Rose NOT IN THE LINEUP, Melo on the Bulls would have a great chance to win a ring. The emergence of Butler is the reason why. I knew what Pau, Noah, and Gibson would do. I DIDN'T see Butler improving his scoring as much as he has.
    Yeah I see what you are saying, even with Rose out the Bulls would contend with Melo and Butlers emergence. melo choose NY not for its winning potential though, that choice was all about the benjamins.

Banned

Jimmy Butler is the best Goalkeeper in Baseball history

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

ya, but he never woulda got respect for bailing on the knicks and colluding with the bulls. Lose-lose situation either way. Even winning a ship on that stacked team wouldn't have swayed his perception.

Banned

Average to slightly above average player at his position.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    ya, but he never woulda got respect for bailing on the knicks and colluding with the bulls. Lose-lose situation either way. Even winning a ship on that stacked team wouldn't have swayed his perception.
    He would have gotten more respect for putting winning first before money like he said before free agency. As significant as Melo was this summer, now back to the Knicks, he is basically irrelevant. I don't say that as a scorned Bulls fan because Butler is awesome, Gasol for much cheaper and just as much impact as Melo would have if not more so far. I expected more from Melo as a competitor after his words about winning. His choice was blatantly about money. Is what it is now.

Lose-lose my ass. Melo wants to build a brand? Win championships. The Bulls are right there w/out him. Should have taken the two year max and gone from there. It's not like he wasn't going to get the money again in two years with a much bigger cap.

Instead he wastes one of his last prime years on a team that is lottery bound and pathetic. Now they have to hope for lottery luck and Marc Gasol and/or Rondo, but even then, if all those things happen, they are at least two years away from true contention.

I don't even think Melo stays in NY for the whole contract. They better have a EPIC summer, because that team is straight garbage.

P.S. No one gives a shit about the "colluding" bullshit your whining about. Noah talked to him a couple times. Are you that naive to think these things don't happen all the time? Bulls org didn't talk to him. This isn't Joe Smith/ Twolves.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 12-02-2014 at 01:59 AM.