Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D-Wade

Default Re: D-Wade

As others have said, if he stays healthy those numbers should only improve. I think taking games by the scruff of the neck is probably done for him though.

And Lebron stans... No shame.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Dude's had so much rest, he should be efficient.
    Kobe had a whole year of rest and came back to shoot 39% lol
    Rookie Wade basically had the same FG% as peak Kobe lol

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    no cuz they're expected to win this year.

2 "Super"stars
    2 all stars
    1 rising star
    best pg in the draft, and college dominater, champion
    great role players
    refs
    you're letting your vision block by lebron's ball

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Do you post anything about basketball, or is it all complaining and crying for the most part?
    I do. Most of it gets buried by the thousands of garbage posts such as the one by lebronxrings above. Maybe that's why you miss them?

Hope this helps.

Sunshine State

Bran stans can't give props to anyone outside of LeBron, Jesus Christ.

The worst basketball fans ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    His scoring arsenal is as complete as it's ever been, but as others have mentioned he HAS to improve his FT shooting. Still though, 21/6/4 on 54% for a player who historically starts slow is nothing to sneeze at. I like him as a facilitator but I agree he needs to step up and be more assertive as a scorer. He's capable of being a 25ppg guy on good efficiency and frankly the Heat might need those type of numbers from him.
    Can't argue with that, but unfortunately for Heat fans Wade would only be able to do that for about 50 games due to future DNP's this year.

Banned

Efficient but not dominant

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Kobe had a whole year of rest and came back to shoot 39% lol
    Rookie Wade basically had the same FG% as peak Kobe lol
    Well, he's a slasher, his FG% should be higher than somebody's who lives in mid-range for at least the last decade now

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Well, he's a slasher, his FG% should be higher than somebody's who lives in mid-range for at least the last decade now
    I don't get what you mean by "should be higher." Slashers don't automatically shoot high percentages you know...look at Tyreke, Ellis, Westbrook, Wall, Harden, Rose, etc.

A major aspect of his game WAS slashing, but his high IQ allows him to be efficient no matter the age. What is Wade now? His game is entirely mid-range and post play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    I don't get what you mean by "should be higher." Slashers don't automatically shoot high percentages you know...look at Tyreke, Ellis, Westbrook, Wall, Harden, Rose, etc.

A major aspect of his game WAS slashing, but his high IQ allows him to be efficient no matter the age. What is Wade now? His game is entirely mid-range and post play.
    He still is a very good slasher, it's not exactly about speed, but a fast first step ant technique.

Ellis, Harden aren't exactly slashers, I'd argue Westbrook has a tendency for stupid shots from not his comfortable range too.
    Tyreke is just a bad player, Rose is stupid.
    Wall has a questionable IQ too.
    We're trying to compare superstars here, don't bring Tyreke, Ellis or Harden in these debates. Don't bring a knife into a gun fight

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Can't argue with that, but unfortunately for Heat fans Wade would only be able to do that for about 50 games due to future DNP's this year.
    Obviously his health is an ongoing concern, but it's very encouraging that he's played in every back to back so far and looked very good in the process. Thankfully the games he missed weren't knee related and there's been no talk of a "maintenence plan" this season (which I believe did more harm than good last season). I can live with some DNP's for minor injuries as long as his knees are holding up. That said, the Heat will need him on the floor on a nightly basis in order to contend for the division.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    no cuz they're expected to win this year.

2 "Super"stars
    2 all stars
    1 rising star
    best pg in the draft, and college dominater, champion
    great role players
    refs

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    He still is a very good slasher, it's not exactly about speed, but a fast first step ant technique.

Ellis, Harden aren't exactly slashers, I'd argue Westbrook has a tendency for stupid shots from not his comfortable range too.
    Tyreke is just a bad player, Rose is stupid.
    Wall has a questionable IQ too.
    We're trying to compare superstars here, don't bring Tyreke, Ellis or Harden in these debates. Don't bring a knife into a gun fight
    So who's a slasher then?

Wade has high fg% not because he's a "slasher", but because he has higher ball IQ than any other SG in the league.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Wade was always the best post player of the "big three" and I've always liked that he mixes up the mid range post game with the deep post game. You don't see that a lot from guards. They just want to fade away from the basket...but Wade has a hook shot in the post that is complete money. He's been working down there a lot this season and putting in all kinds of work. He's so long and strong that his actual height has never mattered.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Not to mention Wade is the best shot blocking guard in the history of the NBA.