Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steph Curry

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Steph Curry

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    LMAO @ the MVP talk though
    Why? Derrick Rose won an MVP playing at a lower level.

He's the best player on a 15-2 team in a historically stacked conference and is having 50/40/90 season. Seems MVP worthy to me.

So who's your mvp? Is he not at least one of the top candidates? Played very well this season and is leading the warriors to the best record in the league (tied w/memphis, gasol is playing great too). With durant being out and the cavs/bron struggling, I don't see how it's a joke to say steph is the mvp or at least in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    So who's your mvp? Is he not at least one of the top candidates? Played very well this season and is leading the warriors to the best record in the league (tied w/memphis, gasol is playing great too). With durant being out and the cavs/bron struggling, I don't see how it's a joke to say steph is the mvp or at least in contention.
    Some people still don't understand how great Steph Curry is. He's probably having the best PG season since CP3 in 08.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

MVP
    Much better than LeBron I agree.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

If D Rose can win a MVP anything is possible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

LMAO @ Rose winning the MVP

NBA All-star

a Tayshuan Prince would do wonder to that team

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Why? Derrick Rose won an MVP playing at a lower level.
    Lower level?

Derrick Rose 25 ppg 8 apg ... for an ENTIRE season.

Stephen Curry currently 24 ppg 8 apg ... on December 3rd.

How is that Derrick playing at a lower level? The Warriors are definitely more talented.

Derrick did his damage with significantly less offensive help, on a much slower paced offensive team 23rd compared to 2015 Warriors 1st.

Which means Rose was shouldering a larger offensive burden. Derrick was also the superior defender than current Curry, even with his improvements and gaudy steals numbers. Which are boosted playing along side Klay, Iguodala, and their own fomidable interior defense.

Curry is obviously a candidate. But it's moot. It's too early in the season for any of this kind of MVP talk. The year Rose won MVP, in December the MVP would've been given to Amare Stoudemire.

By the end of the season:

D. Rose
    Dwight
    LeBron
    D. Wade
    Dirk

Were all clearly better players. I don't name MVPs in December. It's absurd. Are the Raptors, and Wizards the best teams in the East too? Just take it easy fellas. Bust your wad too early.

Lower level?

How is that Derrick playing at a lower level?

Derrick did his damage with significantly less offensive help, on a much slower paced offensive team 23rd compared to 2015 Warriors 1st.

Which means Rose was shouldering a larger offensive burden. Derrick was also the superior defender than current Curry, even with his improvements and gaudy steals numbers. Which are boosted playing along side Klay, Iguodala, and their own fomidable interior defense.

Curry is obviously a candidate. But it's moot. It's too early in the season for any of this kind of MVP talk. The year Rose won MVP, in December the MVP would've been given to Amare Stoudemire.

By the end of the season:

D. Rose
    Dwight
    LeBron
    D. Wade
    Dirk

Were all clearly better players. I don't name MVPs in December. It's absurd. Are the Raptors, and Wizards the best teams in the East too? Just take it easy fellas. Bust your wad too early.
    You know Steph put up similar numbers last year, right? He will probably sustain this level of production (barring injury), and the Warriors will likely finish with a top 3 record in the league. I don't understand why you scoff at the idea of Curry winning the MVP. It's very possible, especially when you consider past MVP criteria, and the fact that pretty much everyone loves Curry (narrative and player likability is a significant factor in MVP voting).

His efficiency is incredible. 50% overall and 42% on 3's. Definitely more efficient than Rose was in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe Rose deserved the MVP, but Curry is better imo.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Lower level?

How is that Derrick playing at a lower level?

Shooting percentages? Look at the way defenses play Curry off the ball dude is being face guarded as soon as he steps over half court without the ball. it's absurd. His team basically plays 4-on-4 on offense because of him. He is WAY better off-ball than Rose was and like just as good on ball. Raw #s are a bad argument for PG play anyways. Steve Nash won MVPs putting up like 17/10 on Curry level efficiency. Why is it so absurd for somebody to put up 24/8 on 60%+TS and winning on what seems to be a 60ish win pace to win MVP?

Curry is obviously a candidate.
    If he is obviously a candidate then why should we "LOL at the MVP talk"? I'm not saying he's a lock to win, but I seriously think he could. Who are the other candidates?

Durant- Missing 15 games hurts his case....his team won't be a super high seed
    LeBron - 9-7....in the east...not a strong case right now
    Harden - Maybe but Curry is flat out better and winning more games
    Marc - I have him #2 right now
    cp3 - 7th seed right now

Btw, I don't really think Rose was undeserving of his MVP, but to say Curry winning MVP is laughable but Rose winning is 100% legitimate is contradictory.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I don't understand why you scoff at the idea of Curry winning the MVP.
    I'm actually scoffing at calling ANYONE MVP on December 3rd. That's the point. Never did I say Curry couldn't finish the season with the award.

Point me to where I said that as well, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    His efficiency is incredible. 50% overall and 42% on 3's. Definitely more efficient than Rose was in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe Rose deserved the MVP, but Curry is better imo.
    He plays on a more talented team, with diverse weapons. His back court running mate alone puts up over 20 ppg himself. Thus allowing him better looks.

Rose was keyed on by every defense he faced. The talent discrepancy, and pace difference is alarming. Curry is no better than Rose was in 2011. Retro active mental gymnastics.

Obviously that means Steph has been outstanding, but I don't crown champions, or MVPs in December. It's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    I wouldn't call Ray Allen's jumper textbook if you take a closer look.

Curry's mechanics are not bad at all, its his lighting quick release that fooled you.

And now it's a Rose vs Curry thread lol. I literally said that Curry is the best natural shooter ever besides maybe Bird and somehow "lol @ MVP talk" is the craziest comment in this thread.