Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Steph Curry

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Default Re: Steph Curry

Ray Ray has a pretty looking jumper like Kobe but he's only a career .450fg% shooter and .480% 2p% just like kobe. Curry's jumper and release is just as good as Ray's, but his quick release is what makes him more accurate. You want to release the ball just before the top of your jump (like Danny Green) for better consistency, not after you reach the top like Ray and Kobe do.

Some of our best shooter do not have textbook form such as Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Peja Stojakovic, Michael Redd. Steph Curry is on that list too.
    Curry releases his shot before the peak of his jump.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I'm actually scoffing at calling ANYONE MVP on December 3rd. That's the point. Never did I say Curry couldn't finish the season with the award.

Point me to where I said that as well, please.

He plays on a more talented team, with diverse weapons. His back court running mate alone puts up over 20 ppg himself. Thus allowing him better looks.

Rose was keyed on by every defense he faced. The talent discrepancy, and pace difference is alarming. Curry is no better than Rose was in 2011. Retro active mental gymnastics.

Obviously that means Steph has been outstanding, but I don't crown champions, or MVPs in December. It's dumb.
    it's actually the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    it's actually the other way around.
    2015 Klay Thompson or 2011 Keith Bogans for back court running mate, bruh?

Seriously ... all you over sensitive Western Conference / Warriors / Steph Curry fans. Took my comment and got your undies in KNOTS.

Jesus, all I said was any kind of MVP talk for ANYONE a few days into December, weeks before even Christmas is retarded. That's putting it mildly.

dat jumpshot doe. curry is too ill

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Curry has perfect form.
    It's not orthodox though. In fact I don't believe there is such a thing.

It's a set shot / push shot hybrid that he shoots on the way up. So it's not even a prototypical jumper. It isn't applicable to all aspects of the floor, like turn around jumpers from the post, etc.

A lighting quick release, smooth stroke, and body alignment doesn't make it orthodox.

It's a shot form totally unique to him. Which by definition doesn't make it text book. It's sexy, but different. Can't knock the results though.

Bird, Dirk, Nash, West, Price, Durant, Curry, Reggie, Chuck Person, Shuttlesworth, Kerr, MJ, LeBron, Melo and Kobe ... all these guy's forms are very different.

2015 Klay Thompson or 2011 Keith Bogans for back court running mate, bruh?

Seriously ... all you over sensitive Western Conference / Warriors / Steph Curry fans. Took my comment and got your undies in KNOTS.

Jesus, all I said was any kind of MVP talk for ANYONE a few days into December, weeks before even Christmas is retarded. That's putting it mildly.
    Well, I'm taking 13,14 and 15 klay over any bogans lol. My point was that klay gets better looks and opportunities playing alongside curry, than the other way around, But I don't think that's what you were referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Well, I'm taking 13,14 and 15 klay over any bogans lol. My point was that klay gets better looks and opportunities playing alongside curry, than the other way around. But now I don't think that's what you were referring to.
    Defenses on some level still have to respect Thompson though, regardless if Curry is helping him get quality looks ... Klay can still create for himself a bit. But Keith Bogans dude? You serious right now?

Defenses on some level still have to respect Thompson though, regardless if Curry is helping him get quality looks ... Klay can still create for himself a bit. But Keith Bogans dude? You serious right now?
    what about bogans now? I don't think you're following.