Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Job openings are almost at a 13-year high

exactly if there is any 'disillusion' it is how some people view the debt

People have been freaking out about the debt for decades and decades...ever since it started. 20 years from now the debt will be 500 Trillion, making this current debt look like pennies, and people will freak out then too. It is a never ending cycle that grows infinitely along with inflation. The only thing that is changing is the number of zeros in our money.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    You realize every country has debt, the U.S. will always have debt, and it's really not a big deal, right? It's just about maintaining appropriate debt levels as compared to the GNP.

Of course, the GOP are the worst spenders and usually destroy the deficit/debt as compared to Democrats...but Democrats typically get spending back on track.
    I blame Bush for starting this mass deficit (ie 2 wars and huge tax cuts) and your boy Barry for growing it even larger. While yes there has always been debt it has never been to this historic level other than around WWII.

Default Re: Saw this on Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    A guy who bust his ass off at a burger joint shouldn't be looked at differently than a guy who cooks high-class gourmet at some fancy restaurant, as long as they're doing the same hardwork and got proper training.
    If the guy cooking high-class gourmet is not a better cook than a guy at a burger joint than he is a pretty shitty cook.

Very good NBA starter

over here, i've been seeing new grads from SF State (a pretty shitty ass school) get decent jobs in startups. maybe the trend is not happening as fast in other parts of the country, but i think the recovery has been mostly under-appreciated. the country is waaaay better than just a few years ago.

National High School Star

Maybe I should renegotiate my salary offer. A starting salary of 58k in San Francisco is barely enough to pay rent, utilities, car insurance, car payment, and student loan debt (not to mention prior credit card debt). Sigh. Damn monies....

Good thing I got my real estate license it seems.

Maryland has bread though, more than most states

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Eh this all a disillusion when the debt is close to 18 trillion dollars.

Not to mention the wealth disparity is much worst and many of these jobs are low paying part time jobs.
    Yep. $10, 11.50, & $12/hr jobs are rampant. Companies are taking advantage of the desperation of job seekers. They lowball applicants on the wages because they know that if you turn down the offer, there are dozens, hundreds of other applicants who will take it.

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

it's a bubble economy. it's one of the biggest consequences of a mixed economy when public spending and stimulus gets out of hand.
    everyone who has taken courses on economics and thoroughly understands the laws of economics knows this won't last very long. in fact, this is probably the "indian summer" economy we're supposed to enjoy before a major crash.

look at what happened in Greece. in Japan. in Argentina.

a global economy sustained on bubbles and debt won't last very long. and considering 3 of the 10 world's largest economies have officially slipped into recession, with Russia confirming it will in 2015 and several others also preparing for a recession, the economic future is in fact very bleak.