Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Rank these 3 championship second option SG's: '95 Drexler, '00 Kobe, '12 Wade

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Kobe was actually fantastic in the 2000 Regular Season (that was when he was truly an elite defensive guard).
    To be fair Kobe was elite defensively in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2008. 2nd team caliber in 2009, 2010, and 2011. He doesn't deserve all his 1st teams, particularly 2006 and 2007. But let's not underrate his defense either.

Default Re: Rank these 3 championship second option SG's: '95 Drexler, '00 Kobe, '12 Wade

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Where did I say he was a sidekick in my post? The ni99a was playing hurt, compared to the other two options, it's not even a contest.

I'll say one thing though, could Drexler or Wade takeover a finals game with their best player fouled out while injured?
    You mentioned 2001 Kobe and where he'd rank on the topic of ranking "second options" ... thus admitting he was a sidekick, when in every other argument yall consider him a 1a / 1b scenario. Which he was IMO. Is all that fat, and Carls Jr. burgers cutting off circulation to your brain?

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    You mentioned 2001 Kobe and where he'd rank on the topic of ranking "second options" ... thus admitting he was a sidekick, when in every other argument yall consider him a 1a / 1b scenario. Which he was IMO. Is all that fat, and Carls Jr. burgers cutting off circulation to your brain?
    Second option in the vein of Magic and Kareem and vice versa.

Why can't anyone just call shit the way it was? Kobe wasn't just some sidekick role player like Harden was before leaving OKC. Shaq and Kobe was always a two headed monster, one doesn't succeed without the other.

Jordan's dick cutting off the circulation in yours?

Jordan's dick stuck in yours?
    Dude you make countless threads just to talk about Kobe. You're obsessed. Like today with the superstar posterizing other superstars thread. And then your defense of Kobe in this thread.

I don't do that with Jordan. I comment on him in threads that I deem interesting, or need clarification, but he isn't all I talk about.

You can parrot the facetious comment I made about Madonna never saying MJ had a small dick size compared to Pippen, which I did in jest responding to known Kobe troll, 9erempire ... but seriously, move on. I laugh about it, but I'm still objective about him.

Kobe was Pippen, sidekick status in 2000. 2001? Legit co-superstar. I'm just calling you out as a Kobe stan, with the ever shifting was Kobe a sidekick or co-alpha for the 2001 - 2004 Laker teams. Which is it?

Dude you make countless threads just to talk about Kobe. You're obsessed. Like today with the superstar posterizing other superstars thread. And then your defense of Kobe in this thread.

I don't do that with Jordan. I comment on him in threads that I deem interesting, or need clarification, but he isn't all I talk about.

You can parrot the facetious comment I made about Madonna never saying MJ had a small dick size compared to Pippen, which I did in jest responding to known Kobe troll, 9erempire ... but seriously, move on. I laugh about it, but I'm still objective about him.

Kobe was Pippen, sidekick status in 2000. 2001? Legit co-superstar. I'm just calling you out as a Kobe stan, with the ever shifting was Kobe a sidekick or co-alpha for the 2001 - 2004 Laker teams. Which is it?
    Why are you lying?

Stopped reading right there, you're only trying to convince yourself at this point. You may not make threads as often , but who doesn't know you stan Jordan?

I'm not obsessed. Kareem and Shaq are my all-time favorite Lakers, but I acknowledge that Magic and Kobe are the greatest.

Why are you lying?
    The last MJ related thread I made was asking if he could've passed Kareem's all-time scoring mark had he not been retired in '94, and the near majority of the 1995 season. Or if he stuck around for individual accolades in his twilight like Kobe is doing currently. That's it.

The last MJ related thread I made was asking if he could've passed Kareem's all-time scoring mark had he not been retired in '94, and the near majority of the 1995 season. Or if he stuck around for individual accolades in his twilight like Kobe is doing currently. That's it.
    I only defend Kobe when I feel there's blatant downplaying going on with clear agenda. Especially from posters like you who clearly know better.

But alas , we all have our own perception of things. I'm a Laker/Kobe fan, maybe that makes me a little biased, but it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

To be fair Kobe was elite defensively in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2008. 2nd team caliber in 2009, 2010, and 2011. He doesn't deserve all his 1st teams, particularly 2006 and 2007. But let's not underrate his defense either.
    I wouldn't say that year either. They missed out Brewer that year. Probably should've been first team. Tony Allen and Iggy were great as well and they also could've got first team. Wade was solid too. Brewer and Wade didn't get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I wouldn't say that year either. They missed out Brewer that year. Probably should've been first team. Tony Allen and Iggy were great as well and they also could've got first team. Wade was solid too. Brewer and Wade didn't get in.
    Forgot about Tony Allen, you right. Anyway, you agree with the rest?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Forgot about Tony Allen, you right. Anyway, you agree with the rest?
    Yeah I agree with the rest. Kobe was an elite defender from 00-04 and 08. He didn't get first defensive team in 02, but he was still elite status.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Wade and Drexlar > Kobe in the finals that's for sure.

16/5/4 on 37% FG while Shaq dropped 38/17/2 on 61% FG

not even his TS% can make him look decent, 41% TS
    Kobe's never been a good Finals performer so that's not surprising.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Kobe's never been a good Finals performer so that's not surprising.
    A troll post that leads to another troll post. Suprise suprise.

When will the ankle injury come up? Or the fact that Kobe has been good in a number of finals games.

Kobe was averaging 22/4/5 on 46/36/74 shooting before his injury in Game 2 of the Finals...plus you add that epic OT game he had in Game 4 + 26/10 in the game to clinch the series...he was better than Drexler and Wade.

highlights of his Playoff run:

- 1st round vs Kings: 28/4/4 on 50/33/78 shooting, 3 straight games of 30 or more points in the series.

- Game-winning shot against Phoenix in Game 2

- the entire Portland series, where he avgd 20/5/6/2 a game with 2.1 bpg (shooting 52% from 3). Big moments being the game-saving block on Sabonis in Game 3 and leading the team in 4 categories in Game 7 with a 25/12/7/4 performance. You could make a case for him being the most important player in that series with the defense he played + putting up more blocks than Shaq.

- Game 4 @ Indiana was his coming out party. That performance in Overtime with Shaq out was one for the ages, that game-winning tip-in with 6 seconds left...

- And don't forget the game where he held Reggie to 1/16 shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe was averaging 22/4/5 on 46/36/74 shooting before his injury in Game 2 of the Finals...plus you add that epic OT game he had in Game 4 + 26/10 in the game to clinch the series...he was better than Drexler and Wade.

highlights of his Playoff run:

- 1st round vs Kings: 28/4/4 on 50/33/78 shooting, 3 straight games of 30 or more points in the series.

- Game-winning shot against Phoenix in Game 2

- the entire Portland series, where he avgd 20/5/6/2 a game with 2.1 bpg (shooting 52% from 3). Big moments being the game-saving block on Sabonis in Game 3 and leading the team in 4 categories in Game 7 with a 25/12/7/4 performance. You could make a case for him being the most important player in that series with the defense he played + putting up more blocks than Shaq.

- Game 4 @ Indiana was his coming out party. That performance in Overtime with Shaq out was one for the ages, that game-winning tip-in with 6 seconds left...

- And don't forget the game where he held Reggie to 1/16 shooting...
    Except, the game is right here on YouTube, and he ISN't guarding Reggie, RON HARPER IS..... Kobe was on Mark Jackson.

Want the link?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Except, the game is right here on YouTube, and he ISN't guarding Reggie, RON HARPER IS..... Kobe was on Mark Jackson.

Want the link?
    Kobe also guarded Miller...

who cares, he was still the best of 3 regardless.