Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Greg Monroe needs to get out of Detroit for the good of basketball

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Been saying I'd like to see him in the Hawks' system, I wouldn't be surprised if we found a way to move Horford and brought him in.

A low post threat who you can actually run an offense through, he'd be like Duncan without the defense here.
    so long as he gets back healthy, i think horford is a better player, but i agree, monroe would be perfect in atlanta's system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Drummond for Dion Waiters (huge upgrade to their shooting guard), or Tristan Thompon ( if The Pistons wants to move Monroe at 5), and a first round pick. Cavs should have drafted Drummond in 2012.

Cavs

Starting 5

C- Andre Drummond
    F - Kevin Love
    F- Lebron James
    G- Shawn Marion
    G- Kyrie Irving

Sign Manny Harris or Seth Curry from D-league to complete their roster.
    anderson varejao is a much much better player than drummond.

drummond can catch oops, and block shots, but andy is a smarter defender, better passer, way better shooter, and his basketball iq is off the charts, compared to dre.

NBA Superstar

I'm not ready to say this with absolute certainty but from the years of watching him, Greg Monroe has not struck me as a 20-10 guy in waiting. Rather, this kind of seems to be who he is (15 and 9).

He has some nice post tricks (a ton of pivoting, mostly) and it works out on many occasions, but there's not a ton in his arsenal beyond that. His jumper isn't super reliable, let alone a fallaway from down low, his defense is pretty slow footed, and his athleticism (or lack thereof) is well documented.

He played really well against the Kings last night - maybe his best game of the year. He feasted on their lack of legitimate bigs and made a number of shots he's been missing throughout this season. I was happy to see it, but he has not been doing that all year.

That said, he's been one of the Pistons best this season, if not the best. It's just, he really does tend to max out at lesser numbers - even when his teammates are playing the right way. I'll be surely ready to eat crow if he blows up on another team, but I do not envision it.

In fact, I'll even go one step further and say the fact that he's not a 20 & 10 dominant guy is a part of Detroit's struggles. If they had a legitimate dude like that on their team, they'd be a lot better. But going down to Monroe each game and hoping he can just twirl 12 times and score on a tough layup has its limits. He's a great threat to have, but I haven't seen him as an absolutely dominant one.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 12-14-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Greg Monroe is the perfect fit for denver, but it wont happen

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Monroe is a 20/10/3 PF and I can't believe someone didn't offer him the MAX last off-season. He'll get a MAX deal this coming off-season though, and I highly doubt he returns to the Pistons.
    Smart guy right here. I have no idea why the Lakers didn't make Monroe an offer. Instead they went to scrubs like Jordan Hill and Lin. His max was only like 15 per too. Smh at management

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    so long as he gets back healthy, i think horford is a better player, but i agree, monroe would be perfect in atlanta's system.
    Horford is probably a better all around player, but Monroe fits Bud's system better.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Come to the Kings Greg.

Him and Cousins would wreck the league
    I support this. one of the (many) things Kings need is a good complementary big to play off Cousins.

Kings get - Greg Monroe, Spencer Dinwiddie
    Pistons get - Rudy Gay, Jason Thompson, Ramon Sessions

Pistons can move Jsmoove to PF to start w/ Gay at SF. JT a great big to rotate off the bench. Kings can start Casspi or Derrick Williams at SF. Everyone's happy!

Monroe can't play outside the post at all, his game would not mesh with Cousins.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Monroe can't play outside the post at all, his game would not mesh with Cousins.
    Cousins can play a lot of high block, picknpops, etc. Monroe can just clog up space, take some dump offs, etc, while Cousins finesses it up. Or if Cousins is on the low block, Monroe can just be on the weak side or high post and run for the rebound or dish...

edit:
    it's why JT and Cousins don't mesh that great together - b/c their games are identical in that they both play the same style, mixing low post and midrange. It's just JT isn't as good at either as Cousins is. Kings need either an elite pure stretch 4 or low post-only 4 to complement Cousins' diverse repertoire of skills and ability.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 12-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    I support this. one of the (many) things Kings need is a good complementary big to play off Cousins.

Kings get - Greg Monroe, Spencer Dinwiddie
    Pistons get - Rudy Gay, Jason Thompson, Ramon Sessions

Pistons can move Jsmoove to PF to start w/ Gay at SF. JT a great big to rotate off the bench. Kings can start Casspi or Derrick Williams at SF. Everyone's happy!
    The Pistons would not want any of the mentioned Kings players.

would trade anyone not named lawson or nurkic for an extended monroe. doubt he would extend in denver though

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Drummond for Dion Waiters (huge upgrade to their shooting guard), or Tristan Thompon ( if The Pistons wants to move Monroe at 5), and a first round pick. Cavs should have drafted Drummond in 2012.

Cavs

Starting 5

C- Andre Drummond
    F - Kevin Love
    F- Lebron James
    G- Shawn Marion
    G- Kyrie Irving

Sign Manny Harris or Seth Curry from D-league to complete their roster.
    and why the **** would Pistons do this?