Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Terrorist situation in Sydney right now

Like jaydacris said, two more just got released.

I think the bomb threats are false tbh

So what's Left?

Either some hostages will be killed, all will be killed, the perpetrators will be killed or does anyone here really believe our negotiators will keep them all Alive?

This can't be a good ending surely...

Good college starter

The guy will be shot as soon as they get an opportunity. Dude is clearly mentally ill. Mentally ill guy + exposure to extremism is not a good combination. Not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I never said muslims are a race. Notice I also called you a bigot relating to these posts, I've read enough of your previous posts to know you are a racist and a misogynist as well. You know nothing about muslims and have likely never known any muslims personally so you should just shut the **** up for once and save us your retarded opinions. It's people like you who create the friction between different beliefs in the first place, rather than trying to work out differences you go around talking about curbing the entire mulism population and deporting people. You are a stain on insidehoops and a stain on the world. Go **** yourself with a chainsaw dickhead.
    Well, as someone who grew up in London, in an area with a high percentage of Muslims (i even lived with one who didn't drink or have sex at the age of 20), i can tell you you're full of shit. There are plenty of Muslims who are well assimilated, but also many who are not, and show little intent to adapt to a different culture. The uneducated Pakistani families have been a particular problem, and there were Pakistani gangs that went around slashing people for not being muslim (or at least threatening and telling to convert). Twice i've been accosted by Pakistani's threatening to cut my throat (one time apparently because i thought 'pakis were *******' or some shit). The guy i lived with, who at first was good natured, eventually started to say things related to his religion that were certainly far more repugnant than anything uttered in here by Poido. Do i need more non-bigot muslim credents? Well, my Aunt is married and has kids with a Tunisian, so i am related to Arabs. They are not practising Muslims, but have adopted some Islamic traditions. In fact, last time i was there, my Aunt got an inquiry as to my marital availability and whether i'd be open to conversion from the religious girl in the family. I also found it interesting that her husband complains about Islamic fanatics more often than me, and clearly knows more about them than i do. He told me Tunisians were so fed up with the Islamists that most wanted Ben Ali back (he was right) and also stressed from the start that all the opponents of the Assad regime were fanatics and why on earth we were supporting them (turned out to be right as well). You don't seem to understand that there is a huge fight going on in the Islamic world that is being exported to our shores. It is about time we stopped dithering around and finally decide to take a side and a stance - right now our policy is one massive contradiction.

The friction between belief systems doesn't need to be created when the beliefs of a high percentage of Muslims directly contradict many of the values of our cultures. Some degree of cultural homogeneity is and always has been necessary to maintain order in a democratic state. To deny this is to deny reality. To admit it is to accept that there is a saturation point when it comes to mass immigration, a point when things will start to unravel and so a need to discuss it without flinging the childish accusation of 'bigot' around. Remember, moralising is a perpetual recourse for the ignorant (not all of us can dedicate the time and effort needed to study and understand these things, but of course, even the most ignorant can incessantly moralise!).

A mass influx of people who have no awareness or care for a shared cultural history begins to undermine the system itself, and it's about time people acknowledge that this was an experiment of an unprecedented nature, and the consequences are further reaching that its proponents ever wanted to admit. What's worse, is these people fled their home countries due to their cultural backwardness (i.e. to find a better life) and now they are here it's all victim complexes and how oppressed they are, but not oppressed enough to go back to their native land, it seems. As i've said before: militant Islam has bonded with a kind of solipsistic juvenile delinquency to produce something pretty horrifying, and that isn't going away any time soon (it is going to get worse).

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    The guy will be shot as soon as they get an opportunity. Dude is clearly mentally ill. Mentally ill guy + exposure to extremism is not a good combination. Not good at all.

I'd argue that people develop a mental illness from practicing Islam and reading too much into the quran.

I think a lot of people are not mentally capable of handling a religion and remaining peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Well, as someone who grew up in London, in an area with a high percentage of Muslims (i even lived with one who didn't drink or have sex at the age of 20), i can tell you you're full of shit. There are plenty of Muslims who are well assimilated, but also many who are not, and show little intent to adapt to a different culture. The uneducated Pakistani families have been a particular problem, and there were Pakistani gangs that went around slashing people for not being muslim (or at least threatening and telling to convert). Twice i've been accosted by Pakistani's threatening to cut my throat (one time apparently because i thought 'pakis were *******' or some shit). The guy i lived with, who at first was good natured, eventually started to say things related to his religion that were certainly far more repugnant than anything uttered in here by Poido. Do i need more non-bigot muslim credents? Well, my Aunt is married and has kids with a Tunisian, so i am related to Arabs. They are not practising Muslims, but have adopted some Islamic traditions. In fact, last time i was there, my Aunt got an inquiry as to my marital availability and whether i'd be open to conversion from the religious girl in the family. I also found it interesting that her husband complains about Islamic fanatics more often than me, and clearly knows more about them than i do. He told me Tunisians were so fed up with the Islamists that most wanted Ben Ali back (he was right) and also stressed from the start that all the opponents of the Assad regime were fanatics and why on earth we were supporting them (turned out to be right as well). You don't seem to understand that there is a huge fight going on in the Islamic world that is being exported to our shores. It is about time we stopped dithering around and finally decide to take a side and a stance - right now our policy is one massive contradiction.

The friction between belief systems doesn't need to be created when the beliefs of a high percentage of Muslims directly contradict many of the values of our cultures. Some degree of cultural homogeneity is and always has been necessary to maintain order in a democratic state. To deny this is to deny reality. To admit it is to accept that there is a saturation point when it comes to mass immigration, a point when things will start to unravel and so a need to discuss it without flinging the childish accusation of 'bigot' around. Remember, moralising is a perpetual recourse for the ignorant (not all of us can dedicate the time and effort needed to study and understand these things, but of course, even the most ignorant can incessantly moralise!).

A mass influx of people who have no awareness or care for a shared cultural history begins to undermine the system itself, and it's about time people acknowledge that this was an experiment of an unprecedented nature, and the consequences are further reaching that its proponents ever wanted to admit. What's worse, is these people fled their home countries due to their cultural backwardness (i.e. to find a better life) and now they are here it's all victim complexes and how oppressed they are, but not oppressed enough to go back to their native land, it seems. As i've said before: militant Islam has bonded with a kind of solipsistic juvenile delinquency to produce something pretty horrifying, and that isn't going away any time soon (it is going to get worse).

Great post

You are a very intelligent guy. It's a shame that a lot of posters here don't appreciate the knowledge and insight you have on different things. I share a lot of your POVs which seem to be quite unpopular at times.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I'd argue that people develop a mental illness from practicing Islam and reading too much into the quran.

I think a lot of people are not mentally capable of handling a religion and remaining peaceful.
    You still think this is about religion

This is political. The only ones being fooled are the idiots who are blowing themselves up. I wonder why the likes of Bin Laden didn't sacrifice themselves and instead convinced young and impressionable guys to commit atrocities by feeding them lies and taking advantage of their stupidity.

In fact, most high level terrorists value their lives so much they hide in caves for decades. If these virgins exist, why did Bin Laden and his comrades kill themselves?

Because its all bullshit, thats why. Divide and conquer is their tactic. People like you are even dumber cause you fall for it.

The Islamic terrorist is posting videos of the hostages on youtube as we speak. New generation. Absolutely batshit insane.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Muslims will be in trouble if anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Muslims will be in trouble if anything happens.
    No bruh, you got your facts mixed up. The non-Muslims are the ones being rounded up and threatened with brutal death, the perpetrators are Muslim here, doing this in the name of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    The Islamic terrorist is posting videos of the hostages on youtube as we speak. New generation. Absolutely batshit insane.
    link? i cant find anything

You can check the recent liveleak.com videos if your curiousity gets the better of you. But bear in mind that attention to his creed is what he wants.

This is the one of the guys apparently, identified in one of the videos. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Haron

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    You can check the recent liveleak.com videos if your curiousity gets the better of you. But bear in mind that attention to his creed is what he wants.

This is the one of the guys apparently, identified in one of the videos. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Haron
    On the 15th of December, 2014, he became Australias biggest ****.

Very good NBA starter

Police goin in now

Live ammunition apparently used.

There was a loud bang just then...