Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Sony Hackers threatening 9/11 attacks.

horrible precedent to set. now those hackers or NK will get anything they want by promising 9/11 type attacks. why would they stop here?

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    LMFAO what a bunch of stupid hipsters

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If they just hit one or two it will be considered a national tragedy. And it is still a relatively easy thing to shoot up a theater. Neither of the two theaters I go to has ever checked me for weapons. So if North Korea is behind all this they could definitely have a number of crazy agents set to wreak havoc. And if North Korea isn't behind the hack I don't see how they accomplish hitting more than a few theaters. No one outside of North Korea gives a shit about Kim Jong Un.
    Yes but have you seen North Korea, and what they are taught about Americans/America? Any agent from North Korea who gets sent from that country on assignment to America would be absolutely dumbfounded at the simplest things, like how well fed Americans are, and how our power stays on without interruption ...and how "problems" in America aren't really problems (we don't dread famine, or secret police, we dread when we misplace our iphone chargers).

Those North Korean agents might get to the theater... and decide to buy tickets and watch the movie eating our endless supplies of sweet and buttery snacks instead

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    horrible precedent to set. now those hackers or NK will get anything they want by promising 9/11 type attacks. why would they stop here?

this is the only movie we are allowed to watch now http://gizmodo.com/1957-anti-america...y-l-1672413770

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    It's nothing new dude. Schools have been shut down; flights at airports have been delayed. People take this sh*t seriously. Ya'll are acting like this is some new sh*t.

I support Sony. It's better to be safe than sorry.

That language is 100% North Korean government.

Their usual stupid "PAY ATTENTION TO US!" threats.

Very good NBA starter

That's like saying the bully at school "did you a favor" by stealing your lunch money... because you were going to spend it on junk food... Um yeah, I guess

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

I'm actually genuinely ****ing pissed off right now......What's next some ****ing hackers say some arbitrary stupid shit offends them and then gets exactly what they want. WTF America. Holy shit.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

“We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public,” read the statement. “We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.”

**** off sony. way to be real *******.

“When you are confronted with a bully the idea is not to cave but to punch him in the nose," Fran Townsend, Bush’s homeland security adviser, said Wednesday during a previously scheduled appearance in Washington, D.C. “This is a horrible, I think, horrible precedent.”

Unless this is some crazy US government conspiracy. I agree with what Townsend said.

NBA Superstar

i love how hollywood pretends to fight so hard for creative freedom and liberties but are the first to fold to threats. first South Park and now this

Yup. Wasn't gonna watch this movie but this shit pisses me off

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    It's nothing new dude. Schools have been shut down; flights at airports have been delayed. People take this sh*t seriously. Ya'll are acting like this is some new sh*t.

I support Sony. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    I believe this is the first time a movie has been canceled due to terrorist threats. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's b1tchmade. I thought this was America and we were free, but I guess we do what North Korea tells us to. Nice.

Very good NBA starter

Yes but have you seen North Korea, and what they are taught about Americans/America? Any agent from North Korea who gets sent from that country on assignment to America would be absolutely dumbfounded at the simplest things, like how well fed Americans are, and how our power stays on without interruption ...and how "problems" in America aren't really problems (we don't dread famine, or secret police, we dread when we misplace our iphone chargers).

Those North Korean agents might get to the theater... and decide to buy tickets and watch the movie eating our endless supplies of sweet and buttery snacks instead
    my guess is if there were north korean spies in the US, they're not north korean at all, but highly paid foreigners (maybe chinese) with american passports and even american educations.

the clueless north korean spy who knows nothing about america.... is probably too unqualified to be a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    I believe this is the first time a movie has been canceled due to terrorist threats. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's b1tchmade. I thought this was America and we were free, but I guess we do what North Korea tells us to. Nice.
    It doesn't matter. Knee jerk reactions to terrorist threats are the norm, not some sort of lame precedent. Someone makes a threat to shoot up a Mcdonald's, trust me, they will shut it down. Some kid makes a joke about a school shooting, guess what, no more school for the day. You can't even joke at the airport without getting arrested, so how is this something new?

Sony isn't in the business of making a statement or growing some balls. The PR damage would be disastrous if there was a shooting. They can still stream the movie, release it on DVD, and make a killing off it, so the idea the terrorists are winning is overblown. If people are going to die watching it in theaters, then it's not worth it from a moralistic standpoint.

Why do people think North Korea is behind this? It's probably just some American kids having fun.