Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 224
  1. #16
    Learning to shoot layups nOboDy kNoWs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    1.Joe Devance (Welcoat Dragons) - Height: 6-7 DOB: 1983, Last year he could have been the top overall pick if he already complete all the major requirements in his citizenship case. The 6-7 Devance is a former PBL Most Valuable Player Devance is averaging 15.5 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game in his last PBL Stint in 2005-06 Seasons. I think Welcoat in order to booster their frontline will select Devance in this years draft.

    2.Rob Reyes (Coke traded to SMB) - Robert Reyes 6-6 Harbour Centre / Jacksonville. If Reyes made it to the deadline, they would have selected Reyes 1st first overall. SMB is in love with Reyes' game - no-nonsense, great rebounder, loves the dirty work inside and has full of energy, something their current big men lacks.
    devance and reyes? are they still here in the Philippines? i believe they are not Filipino citizens that's why they left the PBL and never came back.

  2. #17
    Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Land of 4 NBA titles
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nOboDy kNoWs
    devance and reyes? are they still here in the Philippines? i believe they are not Filipino citizens that's why they left the PBL and never came back.

    They are legit Filipino citizen, Joe Devance mom is a Filipina while Rob Reyes is a pure Filipino. By the way Rob Reyes is the nephew of former PBA player Eric Reyes.

  3. #18
    Learning to shoot layups nOboDy kNoWs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Baller1986
    They are legit Filipino citizen, Joe Devance mom is a Filipina while Rob Reyes is a pure Filipino. By the way Rob Reyes is the nephew of former PBA player Eric Reyes.
    yah, i know he's the nephew of Eric Reyes. but that doesn't mean that he's a filipino. what if he's already an american citizen? and, what's the reason for their absence in the PBL despite having a good conference there? Devance is the MVP i think 2 conferences ago while Reyes was an important part of the champion harbour team.

    and i think, no team will draft Reyes at number 2 or in the first round. there are plenty big men way better than him, who has outside shooting and has foot work. Reyes is much like Sam Ekwe of San Beda. Belga, Bono, Aljamal, Kramer, and Quinahan are some of the big guys that will be drafted ahead of Reyes if he decides to turn pro.

  4. #19
    Learning to shoot layups nOboDy kNoWs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    10.Douglas Kramer (Red bull), it is obvious that the Redbull management will select this 6-4 forward from Ateneo. With half of the lineup coming from Katipunan, I think this will be a reunion of some sort.
    fyi, red bull doesn't have a first round pick this year. red bull traded its 2006 & 2007 first round pick to alaska for rich alvarez. they cannot get Intal and Kramer in the second round because they are 1st round locks. but if they really want a dimwit atenean(sorry, redundant) they can draft macky escalona which can surely help their back court. red bull really needs a point guard. but, when this happens, another atenean will lose his spot and that is membrere who can't even bring down the ball and always commit turnovers. one of the worst pick in the 2006 draft.

  5. #20
    Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Land of 4 NBA titles
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nOboDy kNoWs
    fyi, red bull doesn't have a first round pick this year. red bull traded its 2006 & 2007 first round pick to alaska for rich alvarez. they cannot get Intal and Kramer in the second round because they are 1st round locks. but if they really want a dimwit atenean(sorry, redundant) they can draft macky escalona which can surely help their back court. red bull really needs a point guard. but, when this happens, another atenean will lose his spot and that is membrere who can't even bring down the ball and always commit turnovers. one of the worst pick in the 2006 draft.

    I think REdbull get the first round pick from the Tugade trade last PBA Conference, so it defend on the final position of the SMB this Conference in which they are on the bottom cellar.

  6. #21
    Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Land of 4 NBA titles
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    FULLY-CHARGED PHONE PALS SMOTHER REALTORS

    Cardona-Allado connection helps TNT end 2-game slump

    Wednesday, 18 April 2007




    Talk

  7. #22
    Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Land of 4 NBA titles
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    AIR21 REPEATS OVER JAMES YAP-LESS PUREFOODS

    Canaleta erupts for season-high 30 to lead Express

    Thursday, 19 April 2007

    Purefoods Tender Juicy became all the more depleted with ace wingman James Yap attending to his celebrity wife Kris Aquino who gave birth to their first child.

    With last season

  8. #23
    Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Land of 4 NBA titles
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    GINEBRA BEATS COKE, JOINS RED BULL ON TOP ANEW

    Nealy registers triple double, outplays new Tigers import

    Friday, 20 April 2007

    Coach Jong Uichico didn't take a while to respond when asked what keeps Barangay Ginebra's streak going.


    "I think were playing efficient basketball and improving on things that we do good already," he said point blank.


    There's no doubt the Kings looked on top of their game in a 105-93 victory over the Coca-Cola Tigers in their rematch Friday night at the Araneta Coliseum.



    The game was practically a mismatch with Rod Nealy providing the only highlight of contest by turning a triple-double performance that hung in the balance until he cornered a defensive rebound

  9. #24
    Saw a basketball once
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    Just out of curiosity.... How much of a commericial success is the PBA for the Phillipines? I mean relatively of course. But are players stars and divas like here that are contracted for millions to "sell" things?


    www.sportskool.com

  10. #25
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    GINEBRA SOSYO SA TOP SPOT

    Hindi pa rin nagpapaawat ang Brgy. Ginebra Gin Kings sa pagkamal ng panalo matapos paamuin ang Coca-Cola Tigers, 105-93, kahapon sa second round matchup nila sa elimination phase ng 2007 PBA Fiesta Conference sa Araneta Coliseum.

    Pinalawak ng 2007 Philippine Cup champion ang kanilang winning streak sa apat kasabay ng pagsosyo sa Red Bull Barakos sa top spot sa 8-2 win-loss record.

    Kuminang ng triple-double performance ang Kings import na si Rod Nealy sa pagpako ng 32 points, 11 rebounds at 11 assists habang katuwang si Billy Mamaril na may season-high 16 points, anim na boards at may 7-of-8 field goal shooting.

    Nagdala rin sina Ronald Tubid ng 17 points, si Egay Echavez ay may 14 points habang si Gec Chia ay nagsubi ng 10 points.

    Nabaon naman ang Tigers sa kartang 4-6 bagama

  11. #26
    Learning to shoot layups BeeClips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    ok, i just got back from a 6-week trip to the philippines. i went for my wedding/honeymoon, but i managed to squeeze in 2 pba games during my second week. by the way, i forgot who told me that legran condos on eisenhower was nice, but it was wack and it was haunted too. i'll spare that story.

    back to the games. i felt like i was watching division 3 high school bball games, and the only thing close to entertainment was watching those gay guys and trannies make the players miss shots. lol. i saw one of those import players at greenhills buying fake louis vuitton purses the next day. forgot his name. the fat center from air21. that was semi-entertaining too.

  12. #27
    ErhnamDjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lurking in Dominaria
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BeeClips
    ok, i just got back from a 6-week trip to the philippines. i went for my wedding/honeymoon, but i managed to squeeze in 2 pba games during my second week. by the way, i forgot who told me that legran condos on eisenhower was nice, but it was wack and it was haunted too. i'll spare that story.

    back to the games. i felt like i was watching division 3 high school bball games, and the only thing close to entertainment was watching those gay guys and trannies make the players miss shots. lol. i saw one of those import players at greenhills buying fake louis vuitton purses the next day. forgot his name. the fat center from air21. that was semi-entertaining too.
    Rofl I think that was Daniels, I also saw Tony Lange buying fake Nike there in his Son Goku shirt Why what was with Legran how wack was it?

  13. #28
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    [B]Shout-out from Parks

  14. #29
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    Ryan Reyes: Next Big Thing in Amateur Basketball?

    By REY C. LACHICA
    mb.com.ph

    HE ARRIVED in the country only last week and just played for two games for Henkel Sista in the PBL Unity Cup, but this early, Ryan Reyes is already being hailed by many as the next important player in the amateur league.


    At 6-foot-1, Reyes is perfect for the role of a point-guard. He

  15. #30
    2nd Greatest Player Lebron23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Land of 6 NBA titles
    Posts
    60,087

    Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

    [b]Sta. LUCIA BREAKS OUT OF SKID, NIPS PUREFOODS
    Jamaal Williams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •