Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

Ex-Ateneo ace Fonacier from Bull to Beerman?

By Musong R. Castillo
    Inquirer
    Last updated 03:58am (Mla time) 07/26/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Larry Fonacier, Basketball Association

PBA 2007 Draftees from PEX

Classifying the draftees: (in no particular order)

1.PG
    Ryan Reyes
    Marvin Cruz
    Mark Escalona
    Jonas Villanueva
    Mark Moreno
    Ramil Tagupa
    Daryl Pepito
    Alex Angeles
    Wynsjon Te

2.SG
    Ryan Arana
    Jojo Duncil
    Reed Juntilla
    Jeff Chan
    Jeffrey Bombeo
    Kheil Misa
    Ron Buenafe
    Ardy Larong
    Chris Baluyot
    Joferson Gonzales
    Frederick Hubalde
    James Zablan

3.SF
    Joe Devance*
    Yousif Aljamal
    JC Intal
    Jose Aquino
    Joey Masbang

4.PF
    Doug Kramer
    Francis Barcellano

5.C
    Samigue Eman
    Ken Bono
    JR Quinahan
    Kenneth Co Yu Kang

Edilgusto Soriano - SG/PG San Beda
    Ronnie Zagala - SF/SG Far Eastern/PSBA-QC
    Donald Tadena - SG Holy Cross-Davao/Rizal Tech
    Melvin Mamaclay - SF Adamson
    Elbert Alberto - SG Assumption-Pampanga
    Mark Legarde - PF San Sebastian/FEATI
    Gilbert Neo - SF National
    Godofredo Cuevas - SG National
    Jun Molina -
    Tristan Veranga - SG/SF Mapua Tech
    Dom Javier - PG/SG Perpetual Help-Dalta
    Chico Manabat - PG National
    Joel Solis - C La Salle-Dasmarinas/PCU-Manila
    Roberto Rivera -

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/9225/pba.html

1997 PBA 23rd Season Unofficial Site

PBA Salary Cap

The PBA salary cap is now pegged at 35 million per team per season

National High School Star

I dont think ganyan karami yung max players sa pba. si espinas, tenorio 225? 225 yung max ng rookie?

Noli Eala quits as PBA commissioner

MANILA, Philippines -- Making his announcement with a bleeding heart, Noli Eala on Tuesday tendered his "immediate resignation" as commissioner of Asia's first professional cage league, citing his love for family and the integrity of the league as reasons.
    "To ease the pain of the people who matter most to me, my family and all of my children, and to shield the league I truly care for, I am today tendering my immediate resignation," Eala, his voice low and nearly cracking, read his statement before a packed press conference at the league's offices in Libis, Quezon City.

"It is a painful decision brought about by a painful personal circumstance, but I have always believed that the PBA is bigger than any one man, one team, one player or one team owner," he continued.

Eala's resignation came on the heels of an emergency board meeting Tuesday morning at a posh hotel in Mandaluyong, where members of the board, or their representatives, reportedly voted 6-3 to remove him.

A source who refused to be identified told the Philippine Daily Inquirer, parent company of INQUIRER.net, that Talk 'N Text, Red Bull, Alaska, Air21, Sta. Lucia and Coca-Cola voted to remove Eala, while San Miguel, Barangay Ginebra and Welcoat wanted him to stay.

Chair Ricky Vargas presided over the meeting and voted for Talk 'N Text.

Tony Chua, the incoming chairman, cast the vote for Red Bull, Joaqui Trillo represented Alaska with team owner Wilfred Steven Uytengsu present, Lito Alvarez was there for Air21, lawyer Ariel Magno represented Buddy Encarnado for Sta. Lucia and JB Baylon voted for Coca-Cola.

Ely Capacio was present for San Miguel, Robert Non for Barangay Ginebra and lawyer Mamerto Mondragon for Welcoat, which actually batted for Eala to stay even for just one more conference before stepping down.

A separate source said that, with the 2007 Draft scheduled for August 19, the board will likely tap someone who will perform Eala's erstwhile capacity in an interim manner.

The next season opens September 23 with "Super Sunday" where all 10 teams will play simultaneously in the country's three major islands.

Eala's resignation was the consequence of a disbarment ruling ordered by the Supreme Court Wednesday last week, which found the 44-year-old commissioner guilty of an "extramarital affair with a married woman."

"I leave the PBA cognizant and gratified that I have turned things around," Eala continued. "Though I believe in the biblical edict 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone,' I have decided to walk away keeping my dignity intact and my hopes still high."

Eala became the league's sixth commissioner at the end of the 2002 season after beating out Chito Narvasa, former Shell governor and chairman Rey Gamboa and former OIC and executive director Renauld "Sonny" Barrios.

Eala, who appealed "to allow me to deal with this personal ordeal [disbarment] privately," was responsible for the recovery of the league, which suffered through some of its lowest marks close to two years before taking over.

But there were also some black marks in his tenure, like the doping case that involved around 10 players and the Fil-American brouhaha where several foreign players were found to have carried spurious documents to play.

Several names have cropped up as a possible replacement, including four-time MVP Ramon Fernandez and former Senator Robert Jaworski, though they were not consensus picks of the board.

PBA board forces Eala to quit

By Arman Carandang

08/08/2007

Alaska Milk team owner Wilfred Uytengsu, his left foot heavily bandaged due to an injury, yesterday provided the sixth vote that effectively ousted Noli Eala as commissioner of the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA).

It was all Eala needed to announce his resignation before members of the media late yesterday afternoon, completing a whirlwind rush of events that started with Eala

ASPIRANTS STRUT WARES IN ROOKIE CAMP AUG. 14-16

Eman, Intal, Bono, DeVance, Cruz, Quinahan, Reyes banner 4 teams

Saturday, 11 August 2007

Prospective No. 1 pick Samigue Eman leads 46 other aspirants display their wares and skills in the three-day PBA Rookie Camp set at the Moro Lorenzo gym beginning this Tuesday.

All 47hopefuls have been spread out into four teams that will play three games each from August 14 to 16.
    Registration of rookie hopefuls starting at 8:30 a.m. kicks off the hectic, opening day camp activities.

Applicants will then undergo height, weight and wing span measurements before going through the regular drills, strength, agility and endurance tests.

Two games in the afternoon jumpstart the camp's playing schedule. The Red team takes on the Blue Team in the 1:30 p.m. opener followed by the 3 p.m. match pitting the White team against the Yellow team.

The Yellow squad boasts amateur stalwarts Ken Bono, JC Intal and Marvin Cruz while the frontcourt tandem of 6-foot-9 Eman, who many expect to land with Welcoat which holds the No.1 draft pick, and burly 6-foot-5 Yousif Aljamal spearhead the Blue Squad.

Brawny Cebuano cager JR Quinahan and playmaker Ryan Reyes banner the White team's campaign and the Red quintet will have for stalwarts Doug Kramer, Jeff Chan and prospective first No.2 pick Joe De Vance.

On Wednesday (August 15) at the Blue Eagle gym, Blue takes its turn against White at 4 p.m., after which Red battles Yellow at 5:30 p.m.

The final playdate also at the Blue Eagle gym will have Red clashing with White (4 p.m.) and Yellow meeting Blue (5:30 p.m.).

Ryan Arana, Joel Solis, Melvin Mamaclay, Joferson Gonzales, John Bombeo, Edilgusto Soriano, Khiel Misa, Chico Manabat and Chris Baluyot suit up for the Red team while Macky Escalona, Jojo Duncil, Jonas Villanueva, Ronnie Zagala, Francis Barcellano, Elbert Alberto, Jose Aquino, Alex Angeles, Godofredo Cuevas and Junjun Molina complete the Blue squad.

Others in the Yellow team are Reed Juntilla, Frederick Hubalde, Ramil Tagupa,
    Wynsjohn Te, Mark Legarde, Gilbert Neo, James Zablan, Roberto Rivera and Kenneth Co Yu Kang while comprising the rest of the White unit are Rolly Masbang, Rolly Menor, Ardy Larong, Tristan Veranga, Ronjay Buenafe, Daryl Pepito, Donald Tadena, Dominador Javier and Mark Moreno.

Rookie hopefuls who will be no shows during the three-day camp will be delisted from the final list of the Draft.

The PBA Rookie Draft is set August 19 at the Market Market in Taguig. (DBC)

Decent playground baller jerky10's Avatar

I'd take DeVance over anybody on this draft pool.

Quote Originally Posted by jerky10
    I'd take DeVance over anybody on this draft pool.
    I think Devance will be the no.1 overall pick in the 2007 PBA Annual Draft. A young frontline of Reyes and Devance will be terrorizing the shaded lines for many more years to come.

6'7 Joe Devance and 6'8 JR Reyes future PBA ALL STARS.

Learning to shoot layups HoopNightmare's Avatar

Who is Samigue Eman? where is from? Who did he play for in the PBL OR college?

Ok, ito daw yung latest according to Steady69 and Sir Than of PEX..

This is the original draft rankings of the 10 PBA teams:

1. Welcoat
    2. Coke
    3. SLR
    4. Air21
    5. PF
    6. Alaska
    7. Red Bull
    8. TNT
    9. Ginebra
    10. SMB

Now, if we will apply those trades that happened in the past:

#2 pick will go to SMb on that Dale Singson trade 2 years ago.
    #5 pick will go to Air21 on that Pingris trade.
    #7 pick will go to Alaska on the Rich Alvarez trade.
    #8 pick will go to Air21 on the Yancy De Ocampo trade.

Another bone of contention if Coke will get the #4 pick from Air21 also on that revised Ginebra/Air21/Coke trade last year.

Not yet final if Ginebra's pick will go to Coke on that infamous Reavis/Mamaril/Hatfield trade.

Another bone of contention if Coke will get the #4 pick from Air21 also on that revised Ginebra/Air21/Coke trade last year.

Also the #10 pick if it will be SMB's pick or will it go to Ginebra on the Adducul trade.

Until now, only the 1st 3 pick is Final.

UICHICO, VARGAS LEAD PBA PRESS CORPS AWARDEES

Scribes elevate Kume Jun B to Hall of Fame

Sunday, 12 August 2007
    Past and present PBA officials and some league stars gather Sunday night as the PBA Press Corps holds the 2007 edition of its annual awards at Bayview Park Hotel on Roxas Blvd.

Barangay Ginebra coach Jong Uichico and PBA board chairman Ricky Vargas are the major awardees as Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year, respectively.

Uichico is to receive the Baby Dalupan Trophy while Vargas the Danny Floro Trophy in the PBAPC bash co-presented by San Miguel Corp. and Talk n Text.

Ceremonies start at 8 p.m. with veteran sportscasters Quinito Henson and Ed Picson as emcees.

The family and friends of the late Emilio

[B]IT

B]Three-day PBA Rookie Camp set August 14-16, 2007[/B]

john geoffrey dacanay August 11th, 2007 (Visited 224 times)

Here are the particulars for the PBA rookie camp slated August 14-16:

Schedules:

August 14, 2007

Moro Lorenzo gym
    8:30am - Registration of Participants
    - Height, weight and wing span measurements
    - Drills, strength, agility and endurance tests
    1:30 pm - Red vs. Blue
    3:00 pm - White vs. Yellow

August 15, 2007

Blue Eagle gym
    4:00 pm - Blue vs White
    5:30 pm - Red vs Yellow

August 16, 2007
    Blue Eagle gym
    4:00 pm - Red vs White
    5:30 pm - Yellow vs Blue

Rosters:

Red Team

Doug Kramer
    Jeff Chan
    Joe Devance
    Ryan Arana
    Joel Solis
    Melvin Mamaclay
    Joferson Gonzales
    John Bombeo
    Edilgusto Soriano
    Khiel Misa
    Chico Manabat
    Chris Baluyot

White Team

JR Qui
    Last edited by Lebron23; 08-14-2007 at 11:51 AM.