Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: anyone know a good free eBook site ??

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_Bryant View Post
    ebooks don't really make much sense. I thought people liked to display the books they read on a shelf for guests. otherwise why bother being so pretentious and boring to the point where you watch words talking instead of people
    Oh shut up already. Now you don't think people should read books? Do you realize reading is an escape for people? Maybe if you read more, you would troll less on this website.

I have a Kindle paperwhite. It's great because you can put literally thousands of books and read them almost as easy as a paperback book, with e-ink.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Oh shut up already. Now you don't think people should read books? Do you realize reading is an escape for people? Maybe if you read more, you would troll less on this website.

I have a Kindle paperwhite. It's great because you can put literally thousands of books and read them almost as easy as a paperback book, with e-ink.
    don't people read enough on the internet. I spend all day reading on a screen. last thing I wanna do is take a break from that to read more on a screen or page

I mean if you're traveling an hour to work and back home every day or you're constipated daily then I can understand having a book on hand in the washroom. especially if one ever realizes just how covered with fecal matter phones get and then they lay them down on the dinner table or restaurant table while eating. then I can understand. or you're in a loveless marriage or you Hate your children and you wanna get away from them for a while. then sure ..

but I'm not in any of these situations. and you also need to be lacking in artistic ability to enjoy reading. people who are really good at art tend to be more visual and forget names a lot without word association. so those people would be bored to death reading a book.

but again I don't see how in today's world where people are glued to their phones and laptops would wanna glue themselves to an e reader or book unless they plan on displaying the books like trophies and having discussions with other hipsters about how the books are far superior to the movies or shows on the subject.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Let's see... there's a place here in town that lets people borrow books for free. If I could just remember... oh yeah. The Public Library! Libraries these days have a vast selection of e-books available to anyone with a library card. Once you have your card, you can log into your account from just about anywhere and then select a book to read. You also get all the other benefits of a library membership. If all the copies of a popular book are checked out, you can put a hold on the next copy that becomes available. IF there's a book that you really want to read but your local library doesn't have it, they can usually borrow a copy of the book from a neighboring and make it available to you.