Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Westbrook had zero fouls today?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    lol Tony Parker could have sat out those Finals and Spurs would have won.
    Parker could have sat out the entire playoffs and the Spurs would have still won. That's how useless he was. Patty Mills outplayed him in the Finals for ****sake.

Spurs fans hate Westbrook so much, Russell just obliterates them whenever they meet

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Hey, if you can sit your highest scorer and still win, great. I'm fine with that.
    Nah, they sat a cancerous French turd who has tunnel vision and the team played better without him. Same thing happened in the Finals - Heat accumulated a huge lead in game 5 when Parker was on the floor. SA subs in Patty Mills and he ends up blowing the Heat out with three point bombs.

Parker's inability to pass OR shoot has always held the Spurs back. He pretty much only has two moves - quick drive to the hoop(which he can't do anymore with his declining speed) and a shitty mid-range jump shot that's not very effective anymore. Just a garbage player that's killing the team with his bloated conteact. Pretty much the Kobe Bryant of the Spurs - overpaid with lots of negative impact on the court.
    Last edited by Artillery; 12-26-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Spurs fans hate Westbrook so much, Russell just obliterates them whenever they meet
    The only Spurs fans that hate him is ninephive but he doesn't really count since he's a delusional Tony Parker fanboy. Most Spurs fans are indifferent towards Russ.

More like Westbrook obliterates Parker so badly he has to be benched. Corey Joseph actually plays some decent defense against him and forces Russ into long 2s. Parker on the other hand looks like a lost schoolgirl that gets blown by at every opportunity.

NBA lottery pick

Westbreezy is actually one of my favorite players, but he does get away with hacking Parker a ton every time we play them and everyone always attributes it to him 'outplaying' him in some manner, which is just absurd. If they called even half the fouls he commits on Parker every time we play them, no one would be saying he destroys him like they do. I like watching OKC play, except when they play us because I know they are going to get favored by the refs heavily and we will have to outplay them to the nth degree like we did in the WCF this last post season just to squeak by.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Westbreezy is actually one of my favorite players, but he does get away with hacking Parker a ton every time we play them and everyone always attributes it to him 'outplaying' him in some manner, which is just absurd. If they called even half the fouls he commits on Parker every time we play them, no one would be saying he destroys him like they do. I like watching OKC play, except when they play us because I know they are going to get favored by the refs heavily and we will have to outplay them to the nth degree like we did in the WCF this last post season just to squeak by.

I guess Refs respect Westbrook more than Parker, probably even they know who is the better player

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014

Mostly Parker's fault for playing like a bitch though. You play physical defense on him and he falls apart('03 Nets series, '04 Lakers series, '05 Pistons Finals, '13 Heat Finals,etc) He's always been one of the softest players on the Spurs. Never plays defense, always makes up excuses and injuries whenever he has a poor performance. First to quit on the team when he has to face adversity. He's a primadonna pretty much. A French Kobe.

Westbrook cheated off Parker all day. It's like he was playing free safety and on those passes, he kept picking them off. Dude would be a good safety in the NFL

Decent college freshman

I guess Refs respect Westbrook more than Parker, probably even they know who is the better player
    Of course, Westbrook's the better player. There's like twenty point guards in the NBA that are better than Parker right now.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Of course, Westbrook's the better player. There's like twenty point guards in the NBA that are better than Parker right now.
    That so funny that as a perpetual All-Star AND All-NBA player, the coaches and the NBA think you're wrong. But I'm sure you're right. I'm sure there are twenty, moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    More like Westbrook obliterates Parker so badly he has to be benched. Corey Joseph actually plays some decent defense against him and forces Russ into long 2s. Parker on the other hand looks like a lost schoolgirl that gets blown by at every opportunity.
    Does he look like as much of a lost schoolgirl as Westbrook does here?
    http://youtu.be/jqu1sVzOvVs

Mostly Parker's fault for playing like a bitch though. You play physical defense on him and he falls apart('03 Nets series, '04 Lakers series, '05 Pistons Finals, '13 Heat Finals,etc) He's always been one of the softest players on the Spurs. Never plays defense, always makes up excuses and injuries whenever he has a poor performance. First to quit on the team when he has to face adversity. He's a primadonna pretty much. A French Kobe.
    Tony Parker's "falling apart" series:

'03 Finals - 2nd leading scorer behind Duncan (outscored Manu by 5.3 PPG)
    '04 Lakers - 2nd leading scorer behind Duncan (16.7 PPG, 6.0 APG)
    '05 Pistons - 3rd leading scorer behind Duncan/Manu (13.9 PPG on much better shooting than Duncan)
    '13 Finals - 2nd leading scorer behind Duncan (15.7 PPG, 6.4 APG), Game 1 clinching shot, game 6 clinching 3-pointer, steal, floater until the Spurs meltdown.

Nah, they sat a cancerous French turd who has tunnel vision and the team played better without him. Same thing happened in the Finals - Heat accumulated a huge lead in game 5 when Parker was on the floor. SA subs in Patty Mills and he ends up blowing the Heat out with three point bombs.

Parker's inability to pass OR shoot has always held the Spurs back. He pretty much only has two moves - quick drive to the hoop(which he can't do anymore with his declining speed) and a shitty mid-range jump shot that's not very effective anymore. Just a garbage player that's killing the team with his bloated conteact. Pretty much the Kobe Bryant of the Spurs - overpaid with lots of negative impact on the court.
    $23.5 million as the best player on one of the worst teams in the league.
    $12.5 million as the only All-Star/All-NBA player on the defending champions.

Great comparison!

Parker could have sat out the entire playoffs and the Spurs would have still won. That's how useless he was. Patty Mills outplayed him in the Finals for ****sake.
    Playoffs:

Parker: 17.4 PPG on .486 / 4.8 APG
    Mills: 7.3 PPG on .447 / 1.4 APG

Finals:

Parker: 18.0 PPG on .479 / 4.6 APG
    Mills: 10.2 PPG on .543 / 1.6 APG

Wow, Parker just got destroyed by Mills! If we didn't have Patty's 7.3 PPG, we might have not even made it to the Finals!! But we could easily throw away Parker's G7 against Dallas. We didn't need his 32 points on 11 for 19. We needed Mills' 7 points on 2 for 8 in our only elimination game!

Hey, honestly, when your statements are so absurd in light of facts, do you ever feel like you're only lying to yourself?
    Last edited by ninephive; 12-26-2014 at 11:39 AM.