Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Love was benched for the 4th quarter tonight, Cavs make comeback

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I don't see the point of Love on this team. Trade him for a 3+d wing guy and a athletic big man who plays great defense and rebounds. That makes a lot more sense to me. Love is a terrific offensive player but Cavs need defense, and the role that Love has on this team could be filled by lesser players.
    Love is a great piece but only if the Cavs have a serviceable big who can play defense. He's not a guy you want playing Center. Blatt's been playing small ball which isn't in Love's interest on defense. He's great for spreading the floor and he's pretty good at getting buckets in the paint/offensive rebounds. He just isn't a defensive anchor. Love would feel a lot more comfortable if he's playing along side a rim protector. He's too small to control the paint. Plus it's only his second game without Varejao there to back him up. Cavs obviously need to make some kind of move though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    They went from down 4 to being up by 9 at one point. That's a huge difference, and it was all because of defense.

You have to admit it's pretty rare to see an all star get benched for the entire fourth quarter without any health reasons.

Everyone will come in this thread and troll and try to make it about "LeBron's help" but you have to admit that this is pretty unusual to see
    The "comeback" had nothing to do with defense. The Cavs just started getting a bunch of freethrows while the Magic had to deal with shit like this:

The Cavs opponents shoot less freethrows than any opponent in the league, yet their defense is terrible. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I don't see the point of Love on this team. Trade him for a 3+d wing guy and a athletic big man who plays great defense and rebounds. That makes a lot more sense to me. Love is a terrific offensive player but Cavs need defense, and the role that Love has on this team could be filled by lesser players.

They can just sign Andray Blatche at the end of the CBA Season.

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldc...aurice-BLATCHE

LeBron hacked Victor and didn't get called for that foul?

He did the same thing in game 2 of the 2012 finals. Ridiculous how babied he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    The "comeback" had nothing to do with defense. The Cavs just started getting a bunch of freethrows while the Magic had to deal with shit like this:

The Cavs opponents shoot less freethrows than any opponent in the league, yet their defense is terrible. Hmmm.
    Tacky calls or not, the Magic weren't getting to the paint as easily as they were in the first 3 quarters. Also, Love was still in the game during the time of that gif. Most of the calls you were complaining about were before the 4th

I don't think Love is needed if Kyrie is there. Better to have someone like Ibaka even.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    LeBron hacked Victor and didn't get called for that foul?

He did the same thing in game 2 of the 2012 finals. Ridiculous how babied he is.
    Almost at the level of Durant. OKC = most babied team in the league

Almost at the level of Durant. OKC = most babied team in the league
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBZ...MWOuIvXFzgMWbg

He's been the most overrated player in the NBA for years.

With Verajao out, this Cavs FC makes the 2010-2014 Heat FC look like the '86 Celtics FC by comparison.

Banned

Tacky calls or not, the Magic weren't getting to the paint as easily as they were in the first 3 quarters. Also, Love was still in the game during the time of that gif. Most of the calls you were complaining about were before the 4th
    There were multiple calls during the 4th too. It was slanted tonight. I'm not sure why you're unable to admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    There were multiple calls during the 4th too. It was slanted tonight. I'm not sure why you're unable to admit that.
    I admitted several times in the game thread that the Magic didn't get a lot of calls. But I'm not sure why you're trying to deny that Kevin Love's defense wasn't a huge difference maker

And so it begins.

Love is first.

Next they'll be talking about how much of a scrub Kyrie is.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    And so it begins.

Love is first.

Next they'll be talking about how much of a scrub Kyrie is.
    It was Blatt's conscious decision