Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default bored as phuck all the time

anyone else have this problem? currently don't have a job and don't need one because of how I've been able to turn a small chunk of money into more money through arbitrage investing, basically causing my bank account numbers to inflate to livable numbers each month.

so basically I don't have jack shit to do all day and it's kind of depressing. i hang out with the same people all the time and they live boring lives so not much happens there, they talk about the same shit over and over again, do nothing, repeat stories all the damn time.

I just have been so goddamn bored recently, I now understand the theory that dinosaurs bored themselves to death

Banned

Default Re: bored as phuck all the time

It's called meeting new people and taking up hobbies.

Banned

I do want to know more about this arbitrage investing. What are you buying and selling?

Boredom is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Boredom is a choice.
    kind of. I got so bored I tried writing, drawing, just random shit and really came up with nothing so I laid in bed doing nothing for like 2 hours.

since I quit being a working man people ask me what I do all day, and I don't think they understand how much time I spend doing literally nothing. it sounds cool and like a relief to many of you I am sure but when you are like me and have lived an oddly normal life to this point and have yet to really make real connections with others life is strange.

I guess I just am trapped in a weird frame of mind or whatever where like I need to do nothing to pull out of it

Jerry Seinfeld, you're worth over 800 million dollars. You should never be bored. You can buy fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I do want to know more about this arbitrage investing. What are you buying and selling?
    all I can say is that what I do entails a lot of sitting around, checking out numbers, doing simple formulas, looking at graphs of trends if I want to feel like I am doing shit that is actually hard when the reality is that it is super goddamn easy and at times feels brain dead.

some days I have made 300 dollars in a one hour window and the amount of actual mental or physical force required was next to none.

The position I am in is one that is the result of taking the road that many others are too scared to travel. I am a man that likes to portray himself as one of the normal automatons of modern society but the reality is that I don't cave to ANY social pressures, I have complete and utter confidence in myself and my skills as it pertains to financial matters, and through countless sessions of just sitting around and THINKING (and I mean countless), I tactfully figured out how to make money doing what it is that I do now.

The difference between me and most others is that most others in my position would refuse to quit their job because of social pressures and would be basically be trapping themselves into the working world. Most people also would not have the confidence that I had to start doing what I am doing. They would likely be unable to simplify things the way that I do and as a result would just scare themselves off from what it is that I do now.

get a life

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    get a life
    easier said than done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    all I can say is that what I did entails a lot of sitting around, checking out numbers, doing simple formulas, looking at graphs of trends if I want to feel like I am doing shit that is actually hard when the reality is that it is super goddamn easy and at times feels brain dead.

some days I have made 300 dollars in a one hour window and the amount of actual mental or physical force required was next to none.

The position I am in is one that is the result of taking the road that many others are too scared to travel. I am a man that likes to portray himself as one of the normal automatons of modern society but the reality is that I don't cave to ANY social pressures, I have complete and utter confidence in myself and my skills as it pertains to financial matters, and through countless sessions of just sitting around and THINKING (and I mean countless), I tactfully figured out how to make money doing what it is that I do now.

The difference between me and most others is that most others in my position would refuse to quit their job because of social pressures and would be basically be trapping themselves into the working world. Most people also would not have the confidence that I had to start doing what I am doing. They would likely be unable to simplify things the way that I do and as a result would just scare themselves off from what it is that I do now.
    In regards to the bolded, sounds like what I do when I was into the foreign exchange market. I was merely asking because there is not a true arbitrage investing unless you are finding a buyer and a seller at the same time and flipping commodities or assets, whichever it is that you are doing. I wasn't asking for specifics but there is no such thing as pure arbitrage.

Without digressing here, I think your problem is that you are making easy money but not big money. Making easy money and so little, such as $300, is not self satisfactory. Why don't you try to make it 10 folds? Get a part time job to supplement some of the work you are doing now?

Personally, I would just rent a cheap office, like one of those single suite offices and go trade or do what you do. At least you will find yourself getting out of the house and then have something to comeback to.

The problem with what you are doing is that you are missing an opportunity to meet new people. I use to work at an office and the age group varied drastically, almost to the point where I hated these older co-workers.

So, I started to look for work where there are tons of women and people, and a hospital was the perfect place. A lot of nurses versus a lot of older married people in an financial and accounting industry.

basically in regards to money management and investing there is a whole world of things that 99% of people know absolutely goddamn nothing about but there is a small % of people who DO know about it and are getting filthy ****ing rich off of it.

I mean how many of you people have been flipping channels, came across some show flashing a bunch of stock market prices, talking about market trends, etc... how long did you last watching this channel before you either got really uninterested or just overwhelmed and left?

the reality is that there are thousands of people such as yours truly who have invested their whole livelihood and being around the idea of not working for the ****ing man, around the idea of being retired in their early 20s based around making choices that the average person simply will not commit themselves to.

the average person won't watch more than 30 seconds of these shows talking about the very BASICS of the stock market, (supply and demand, etc) but the reality is that there are plenty of people out there doing basically the same retarded methods over and over again that are exploiting some sort of need from some sort of company, person, investor, whatever, that is basically a convenience tax getting paid out to the middle man despite the fact that, in situations like mine, this middle man is basically nothing other than a few clicks.

so yeah, people like me do this while just watching their dollars inflate, it's crazy.
    Last edited by JerrySeinfeld; 05-21-2015 at 05:41 AM.

i know what you mean..

my very rich unmarried uncle left me $2.5 million....which put in a bank..i get 85 k a year after taxes,interest and other shit

im 20 years old....i get 85k a year for doing nothing,dont know what to do with my life,pursuing a college degree...just for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    i know what you mean..

my very rich unmarried uncle left me $2.5 million....which put in a bank..i get 85 k a year after taxes,interest and other shit

im 20 years old....i get 85k a year for doing nothing,dont know what to do with my life,pursuing a college degree...just for the sake of it
    I am also doing the same, however when it's just for the sake of it like it is for me, it feels much the same as high school did, like boring shit I have to do that I don't want to do.

So yeah, that kind of sucks, although for me it's like a necessary evil at this point, the only thing to keep from just being sheltered away from outside people entirely.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

read a book, work out, learn a language ****ing christ there's so many things you can do. Don't waste your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    read a book, work out, learn a language ****ing christ there's so many things you can do. Don't waste your day.
    I don't work out because I'm not fat, reading is boring as ****, I don't know man I guess I just don't have motivation to do fun things and need to stay in my state of doing nothing until I pull out of it