Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: FIBA Released New Schedule - No Team USA/NBA Players If They Don't Agree To It

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23

It is a fact that Rubio and the Gasols are not Spanish. They are Catalans. They play on the "Spanish" national team because Spain uses a joint federalized national team, where the Catalan national, the Basque national team, etc. play together.

Like the former Yugoslavia national team, or how they do it in basketball in Britain. Versus for example in football with the English national team, Scottish national team and so forth.

And YES, Catalonia has its own national team of which they are members, but Spain federalizes it, so they have to play for Spain, also, and can't just play for Catalonia.

But they are Catalans, not Spaniards.

Stop being a moron.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-01-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Default Re: FIBA Released New Schedule - No Team USA/NBA Players If They Don't Agree To It

I am guessing Euroleague is happy about this because Shitnoulis and the greek team will have a legit chance of winning the tournament. What's probably giving him a bigger hard on is that Shitnoulis could possibly be the best player to play in the tournament once you eliminate the superior talent from playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    It is a fact that Rubio and the Gasols are not Spanish. They are Catalans. They play on the "Spanish" national team because Spain uses a joint federalized national team, where the Catalan national, the Basque national team, etc. play together.

Like the former Yugoslavia national team, or how they do it in basketball in Britain. Versus for example in football with the English national team, Scottish national team and so forth.

And YES, Catalonia has its own national team of which they are members, but Spain federalizes it, so they have to play for Spain, also, and can't just play for Catalonia.

Stop being a moron.
    Interesting arguments here. I would like to think of myself as well traveled, and of all my vacations through Spain, my experience is that it's a country and a constitutional monarchy. No "fundamental separatists" can change that fact.

And for the life of me, I don't see what Catalonians would get out of independence except being part of a very small and very insignificant country. Perhaps another east timor.

National High School Star

Why doesn't FIBA adopt the rules the NBA has though? Just pure stubborness? Basketball was an American created sport, and has the absolute without question best league and players in the world. They have spent decades improving the game of basketball both locally and globally and it is the league that every aspiring basketball player wants to be in.

I am completely making it on board with countries having to play into it, etc wtv...but the rules/style of play/etc should be held to the highest level of the leagues, not some arbitrary random "international" type style of play.

Similarly, it is like why people learn English. It is the global language of business. The NBA rules should be the model, with local variations being used for localized games.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Why doesn't FIBA adopt the rules the NBA has though? Just pure stubborness? Basketball was an American created sport, and has the absolute without question best league and players in the world. They have spent decades improving the game of basketball both locally and globally and it is the league that every aspiring basketball player wants to be in.

I am completely making it on board with countries having to play into it, etc wtv...but the rules/style of play/etc should be held to the highest level of the leagues, not some arbitrary random "international" type style of play.

Similarly, it is like why people learn English. It is the global language of business. The NBA rules should be the model, with local variations being used for localized games.
    This post is so stupid on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    This post is so stupid on so many levels.
    Actually one of the smartest posts this week.

NBA is the gleaming gold standard against which all other leagues and tournaments should be measured.
    I wish, that Euroleague would one day be half as good as NBA is now, but for that to happen, they need to follow the NBA's success model in the closest way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol

NBA is the gleaming gold standard against which all other leagues and tournaments should be measured.
    I wish, that Euroleague would one day be half as good as NBA is now, but for that to happen, they need to follow the NBA's success model in the closest way possible.
    Yep. The other leagues should try to be as successful as the NBA.
    Just like how on the individual level, people should try to be as successful like Kim Kardashian.

College superstar

Stop being a moron.
    You seem to always be full of ****. But this post is even worse than normal.

First off, they would be Catalonian. They speak the language of Catalan. Secondly, where is Catalonia? A: Spain. This is like arguing someone from Texas isn't from the US. Your Scotland argument is laughable. Scotland is a country. Catalonia is not. Just like people from Texas can play on a team together so can people from Catalonia.

Calling someone else a moron in this post might be the funniest thing I read in 2015. Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol

The NBA's no defensive 3 seconds rule (no zone defense allowed) and the NBA's rules on how the defender has no right to a circle of space around him (why Harden can shoot 25 free throws a game are the most retarded rules in any sport in the entire world.

FIBA will never change to accept those rules and they have said that many times on record. And they never should change to accept those rules. As they have said, the NBA can either change its rules to their rules on those issues, or they can forget about even discussing it.

As for the court dimensions and 3 point length and jump ball, the Euroleague already changed to the jump ball and the Euroleague already requested to change to the NBA court dimension and 3 point length and was denied by FIBA. FIBA also denied them to change the jump ball and Euroleague went against them and added it anyway. But they can't change the court size and 3 point line without FIBA's permission.

The reason FIBA won't change those rules is simple. FIBA is THE WHOLE WORLD of basketball. Not just a top tier professional league like NBA or Euroleague.

If someone wants those rules changed they would have to make concessions that it only changed for the senior men and no one else. Not junior men and not for women at any level. NBA never has the brains to understand that, so the rules never change. Until the NBA grasps that, the rules won't change. Even though Euroleague actually wants them to.

But the NBA rules on defensive 3 seconds and the space around the defender will NEVER change, and if you want the same rules I guarantee it will be NBA having to change to FIBA's rules.

As far as the offensive rule of the ball above the rim, I would suspect the NBA would also have to change to FIBA's rule as well, because the NBA's rule is stupid as hell compared to the FIBA rule, and anyone that knows basic basketball, knows the FIBA rule is much better also. So I seriously doubt FIBA would ever agree to change to the retarded NBA rule on that either.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I am guessing Euroleague is happy about this because Shitnoulis and the greek team will have a legit chance of winning the tournament. What's probably giving him a bigger hard on is that Shitnoulis could possibly be the best player to play in the tournament once you eliminate the superior talent from playing.
    Once again, these changes are made in order to make it EASIER for Team USA.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

Because genius, FIBA existed long before the NBA did and because FIBA is the world governing body of the sport of basketball, while the NBA is just a localized league.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Interesting arguments here. I would like to think of myself as well traveled, and of all my vacations through Spain, my experience is that it's a country and a constitutional monarchy. No "fundamental separatists" can change that fact.

And for the life of me, I don't see what Catalonians would get out of independence except being part of a very small and very insignificant country. Perhaps another east timor.
    It isn't an "argument". It's a fact. Rubio and the Gasols are Catalans.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Yep. The other leagues should try to be as successful as the NBA.
    Just like how on the individual level, people should try to be as successful like Kim Kardashian.
    FIBA isn't a league. Try the noob forum.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    You seem to always be full of ****. But this post is even worse than normal.

First off, they would be Catalonian. They speak the language of Catalan. Secondly, where is Catalonia? A: Spain. This is like arguing someone from Texas isn't from the US. Your Scotland argument is laughable. Scotland is a country. Catalonia is not. Just like people from Texas can play on a team together so can people from Catalonia.

Calling someone else a moron in this post might be the funniest thing I read in 2015. Thank you for that.
    You are a moron. Another useless idiot.

College superstar

You are a moron. Another useless idiot.
    You called them a language. And somehow I'm the idiot.