Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NYC has more people than it ever had and the lowest number of murders in 50 years.

NYC has a population of 8.4 million people. This is up from 1980 when a million people left the city during the 1970's. 600,000 commute into the city every workday. (Manhattan's population actually doubles during workdays.)

NYC had 328 murders in 2014, the lowest since 1963.
    Robberies were the lowest ever recorded, just 15% of what they were in 1981.

Default Re: NYC has more people than it ever had and the lowest number of murders in 50 years.

The rent is stupid high there and its ranked the most unhappiest city

http://time.com/3023503/unhappiest-cities/

Move to Chicago.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 01-01-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Banned

Default Re: NYC has more people than it ever had and the lowest number of murders in 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    The rent is stupid high there and its ranked the most unhappiest city

http://time.com/3023503/unhappiest-cities/

Move to Chicago.

yea, move next to a bunch of fat white people who can't talk goodest

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Time
    yea, move next to a bunch of fat white people who can't talk goodest
    Fat people are everywhere.

Living where rent of $3,000 a month isn't.

You're still in poverty if u make 50,000 a year in NYC for crying out loud

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Move to Chicago.

And get murdered within a week.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I think it's because the price of living rising. I have a relative that lives in NYC and she is a Princeton grad and she moved to one of the "poor" areas and says she feels safe. I believe she lives in the Bronx.

I also remember reading an article about how the Brooklyn apartment that Biggie Smalls grew up in is now in $millions and how that's a nice area now.

I think NYC is becoming a place for the rich only, that's my guess anyway. I know there are still ghetto areas in NY but it sounds like some of them are transforming for the better.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Fat people are everywhere.

Living where rent of $3,000 a month isn't.

You're still in poverty if u make 50,000 a year in NYC for crying out loud
    Well yeah because the apartments in NYC aren't meant for individuals making $50k/yr.. Most of the people who make $50K a year will live in the neighboring boroughs and suburbs and commute to the city.

The rent is stupid high there

This. Move the riffraff out of town and watch the murder rate plunge. Kevin would prefer to attribute it to Obama though.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I think it's because the price of living rising. I have a relative that lives in NYC and she is a Princeton grad and she moved to one of the "poor" areas and says she feels safe. I believe she lives in the Bronx.

I also remember reading an article about how the Brooklyn apartment that Biggie Smalls grew up in is now in $millions and how that's a nice area now.

I think NYC is becoming a place for the rich only, that's my guess anyway. I know there are still ghetto areas in NY but it sounds like some of them are transforming for the better.
    Some areas are going through a process of "gentrification" such as Harlem, etc, where Yuppies are moving in due to the close proximity to the city and are "rebuilding" the neighborhood, alot of investment follows from companies looking to set up shop in the area too. This probably makes the property value go up which attracts higher income individuals and encourages the current residents who are poorer to cash in. The lower income residents are against gentrification because they feel their neighborhood is losing their culture and they are being driven out. But ironically they also complain that there's not enough investment in their areas but when gentrification happens they complain.

Property is in real demand in the NYC area so I just assume they are kinda forcing out the low income people living in these areas into housing projects outside of these areas or in the designated "Ghettos" and once they leave they just renovate the area. Or that's what I think is pretty much happening

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

NYC is awful

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Well yeah because the apartments in NYC aren't meant for individuals making $50k/yr.. Most of the people who make $50K a year will live in the neighboring boroughs and suburbs and commute to the city.
    50,000 a year could easily pay the mortgage and taxes on a $350K*house in Cook County
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 01-01-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Some areas are going through a process of "gentrification" such as Harlem, etc, where Yuppies are moving in due to the close proximity to the city and are "rebuilding" the neighborhood, alot of investment follows from companies looking to set up shop in the area too. This probably makes the property value go up which attracts higher income individuals and encourages the current residents who are poorer to cash in. The lower income residents are against gentrification because they feel their neighborhood is losing their culture and they are being driven out. But ironically they also complain that there's not enough investment in their areas but when gentrification happens they complain.

Property is in real demand in the NYC area so I just assume they are kinda forcing out the low income people living in these areas into housing projects outside of these areas or in the designated "Ghettos" and once they leave they just renovate the area. Or that's what I think is pretty much happening
    Most of them move south. I got family in Orlando complain about the vast number of new yorkers moving down there. Lol

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Move to Chicago.
    from world class metropolis to a crime ridden regional market town

in the long run Chicago is heading to Detroit status

NBA All-star

and it makes you wonder what "home" means

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    from world class metropolis to a crime ridden regional market town

in the long run Chicago is heading to Detroit status
    Thats why the crime rate is dropping?