Banned

Default Jimmy Butler: 26/8/8 2 steals

Rose 17/3/8 on 7-25 shooting

Butler>

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmy Butler: 26/8/8 2 steals

Dude has been amazing so far.

22/6/3 on 60% TS and elite defense?

Dude is turning into one of the best perimeter players in the league.

And I thought the Bulls were stacked before I knew he'd basically be Paul George this year.

Damn...

College superstar

yeah, rose has regressed a ton this season. i dont rate him in the FIRST TIER of nba point guards (curry, westbrook and paul). lilard, rose, rondo, and wall all makeup that SECOND TIER imo.

but ya - jimmy buckets doe. great season thus far! saw an espn special on him a while back, and since, i've been pulling for him. good kid.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    And I thought the Bulls were stacked before I knew he'd basically be Paul George this year.

Damn...
    Plus no one expected Gasol to be putting up 18/11 with 2.2 blocks per game. If we stay healthy...

That said, regarding the OP, Rose was extremely clutch in the fourth quarter and secured the win. I believe Rose had 15 points in the final frame.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Plus no one expected Gasol to be putting up 18/11 with 2.2 blocks per game. If we stay healthy...

That said, regarding the OP, Rose was extremely clutch in the fourth quarter and secured the win. I believe Rose had 15 points in the final frame.
    I expected Gasol to be great.

Been saying it since 12 that he still had enough left in the tank and just needed the right coach and situation.

Maybe didn't expect this good...haha

Butler has really come a long way. And Gasol? Can we ask for better under the circumstances? Especially once continuity is established, which has been hard due to injuries

Hopefully him and D-Rose take the Bulls all the way. I don't hate Lebron but it'd be refreshing to see a different team in the finals from the East.

poor man's Kawhi Leonard

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock

Its the fourth game Rose has take over in the fourth quarter - he's struggling in the earlier quarters tho.

Butler is the biggest surprise. Has all around game and Tiger mentality. Gasol is rejuvenated and happy to be on the floor. Both Noah and Gibson have been off their games as of late but that's ok, there is time to iron that out.

They also sometimes play really flat at home. They played plenty more games on the road but they need to get that together on this home stand.

Rose shook off a horrendous start shooting the ball, kept his poise and confidence and dominated the 2nd half. Particularly in the 4th quarter. Did you even watch the game, or just follow the box score?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    Rose 17/3/8 on 7-25 shooting

Butler>
    If that turns out to be so, then I will not be upset.

Rose is slumping, and may never be the guy he once was, but that does not mean he can not provide quality minutes until he figures out life after knee surgeries as a pro athlete. I still can see him doing big things in big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Rose shook off a horrendous start shooting the ball, kept his poise and confidence and dominated the 2nd half. Particularly in the 4th quarter. Did you even watch the game, or just follow the box score?
    Even if we only go by the box score, it shouldn't mean much. Dude has a 9 game stretch putting up 21 ppg on 47% shooting, no one says a thing. But then he struggles in that 10th game and suddenly the "he's done" stuff comes up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Even if we only go by the box score, it shouldn't mean much. Dude has a 9 game stretch putting up 21 ppg on 47% shooting, no one says a thing. But then he struggles in that 10th game and suddenly the "he's done" stuff comes up again.
    For some reason people have an unnecessary hatred of D-Rose. Why? I don't know.

I exposed it when I called out Derrick for basically out playing the universally praised John Wall in their most recent head to head before Christmas. Rose is on minutes ristrictions, and is clearly coasting. His refusal to drive as much as he probably could is the primary evidence.

Tonight in the second half he said eff it, and took it to the rack. Consequently dominated the crucial stretch in crunch time. Shades of 2011 MVP Derrick.

If only deng was still in the team..

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jyap9675
    If only deng was still in the team..
    You're asking for too much. Stop being greedy damn it.

But for real, I have not seen a single Bulls game. Well, not a full game. I gott'a start watching. Gasol resurrection and Butler's raise is something that seems must TV. How are they not first place in the East tho?
    Last edited by Micku; 01-02-2015 at 05:28 AM.