Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

Default Pistons undefeated since Josh Smith left

and many of those games are won by wide margins. is this not the most literal meaning of addition by subtraction?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons undefeated since Josh Smith left

I am proud of Jennings

5-0 and counting

Jennings has been unstoppable.

Was he really this bad?

National High School Star

Happy for them. Didn't like their decision of Josh Smith in the first place. But that waive had some balls. Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

Still waiting for Drummond to explode.. I thought he was going to this year, thought he could have been a 20/15 monster, not so much... Still real young though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportal
    Happy for them. Didn't like their decision of Josh Smith in the first place. But that waive had some balls. Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

Still waiting for Drummond to explode.. I thought he was going to this year, thought he could have been a 20/15 monster, not so much... Still real young though.
    Drummond has averaged 15.6 points and 17 rebounds the past two weeks (since JSmoove left).

Maybe Smoove is holding him and his teammates back; everyone in Detroit improved their numbers since he left (especially Jennings and Monroe).

Quote Originally Posted by gin17
    Drummond has averaged 15.6 points and 17 rebounds the past two weeks (since JSmoove left).

Maybe Smoove is holding him and his teammates back; everyone in Detroit improved their numbers since he left (especially Jennings and Monroe).

Props to Dre but Jennings can still suck my dick three times.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Jennings averaging like 22/6/3 since Josh Smith left

NBA sixth man of the year

Jennings is a street ball player with no fundamentals. He will comeback down to earth.

Detroit hasn't beaten anyone. And that includes the Kings. They have been losing even with Cousins as of late. That's what they get for firing their coach.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    Was he really this bad?
    Just said this in another thread but fits here too...

I can't say it enough times - I'm someone who tends to be pretty light on players and their deficiencies (ex: I defended the Ben Gordon acquisition) - but Josh Smith was playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen on the NBA level from a player allowed to contribute as much as he was - at least from an offensive perspective.

I think this stat was thrown around a few weeks ago but... I believe I read Josh Smith's TS% with Detroit (.417) would have been the lowest in the history of the entire National Basketball Association for a player attempting at least 14 shots per game.

To give you another angle - Smith was leading the Pistons in field goal attempts by almost 70 shots, yet he was shooting 38% from the field, 24% from the arc, and 48% from the free throw line.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Jennings is a street ball player with no fundamentals. He will comeback down to earth.

Detroit hasn't beaten anyone. And that includes the Kings. They have been losing even with Cousins as of late. That's what they get for firing their coach.
    Very true. That said, as someone who's seen every Pistons game this year, they're undoubtedly a different team. They were struggling against everyone this year - good, bad, mediocre. But since Smith left, they haven't just beaten teams, they haven't let anyone get within 10 points (all five wins have been by double digits).

Still, you're absolutely right. Jennings will come back down to Earth and the Pistons no doubt will be seeing plenty more struggles. This week in particular may do it. San Antonio Tuesday, Dallas Wednesday, then you guys on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by gin17

The thing with NBA basketball is that you cannot win unless you have at least three 3 point shooters on the floor for the majority of the time. Having to play Drummond, Monroe and Smith many minutes together because of development and contracts was what was holding them back. It's much better for Jennings, Monroe and Drummond to have either Singler or Meeks next to them in the lineup than Smith.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    The thing with NBA basketball is that you cannot win unless you have at least three 3 point shooters on the floor for the majority of the time. Having to play Drummond, Monroe and Smith many minutes together because of development and contracts was what was holding them back. It's much better for Jennings, Monroe and Drummond to have either Singler or Meeks next to them in the lineup than Smith.
    No doubt that Smith caused a lot of problems and getting rid of him and giving the minutes to Meeks makes a good bit of difference for players like AD and Monroe.