Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Paul Pierce lists his hardest players to guard in the league and number one is...

I notice he didn't have kelvin anywhere in his top 5 hmmmm interesting

I rule the local playground bence23's Avatar

Default Re: Paul Pierce lists his hardest players to guard in the league and number one is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Cmon now....

Even relative to his ppg...hes not among the worst ever. Too many straight up shooters have been in that 25ppg range.
    i can't believe you're still on this site breh

No KD? List is void.

Of course he would not rank KD because Pierce wasn't in his prime when KD took off.

A guy who has the lay up conversion rate of Tony Allen, the least amount of and 1's of any top scorer during his tenure, puts up turnaround fadeaways after receiving the ball without even an attempt to ball fake or dribble with lousy percentages is the toughest to guard?

I really like Melo's style of play in some way, he's got fluid motions, good form and when he gets hot he's great, but he simply is eating up possessions with alot of ill advised shooting.

Maybe the injury will make him think about his game, but I highly doubt it. Melo would be better suited feeding off a player who drags defenders in the paint.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I love Pierce

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    To be fair, Melo problem never was his offensive capabilities.

It is one of his problems, actually. He shoots the ball while being guarded better than his peers can shoot it while guarded. He cant, however, shoot better while guarded than most wing players can shoot while open. His tunnel vision and inability to create easier shots for himself and teammates doesnt make him nearly the offenively impactful player that a carefully selected highlight reel would have you believe. If you consider offensive IQ as a 'capability' it definitely weighs down any accurate measuring of Anthony as an overall offensive player.

Just looked at some H2H, and this is how players fared against Pierce. Pierce played against the best wing players in the league in his career and here are their numbers.

Jordan- 23 PPG 5 APG 10 RPG 42.5% FG

Kobe- 26 PPG 4 APG 5 RPG 41.6% FG

T-Mac- 19 PPG 4 APG 5 RPG 45.9% FG

Vince- 21 PPG 4 APG 5 RPG 42.7% FG

Carmelo- 25 PPG 5 APG 7 RPG 42.1% FG

Durant- 27 PPG 3 APG 5 RPG 50.6% FG

LeBron-30 PPG 6 APG 7 RPG 48.9% FG

Wade- 22 PPG 6 APG 5 RPG 43% FG

Just from these raw stats, it looks like LeBron is the only one who really destroyed Pierce throughout his career. T-Mac, Vince, Wade, Carmelo, and Kobe all put up decent numbers, but were piss poor from the field. Pierce needs more credit for his defense, as he was usually on those guys. Durant did ok for his standards so far.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I loved watching LeBron and Pierce h2h