Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Around the 1670's...

There were most likely somewhere around 4096 people, maybe more and maybe less, walking around this Earth that were most likely around your age. Probably most of them complete strangers to each other.

Now, lets say we go back and kill even one of them. You wouldn't exist. Why? Because all of these people were part of your family tree, 12 generations back. You are a combination of these 4096 people, most of whom don't even know who the rest are. Amazing.

Go further back, you will get to the point where it took millions of people to make you. Maybe billions. One of them disappears, and bang. Its over for you.

Wanna know something even more crazy? If you have a kids in your life, if we go far enough into the future there will probably come a time when you are responsible for most of the worlds population. Insane.

If you are reading this right now, you are related to me. If we go far back enough in our family trees, there will be a point where they meet. Doesn't matter who you are, and how far our family trees are apart, there will be a connection eventually. You have a bit of me in you, and I have a bit of you. Crazy. No homo.

NBA Legend

Default Re: Around the 1670's...

Seriously, why are you obsessed with me?

Send this to 10 friends in the next 5 minutes or you will be cursed and bring about the end of the future human race.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Send this to 10 friends in the next 5 minutes or you will be cursed and bring about the end of the future human race.
    Speaking of that, there is a guy that existed at some point in time Y-chromosomal Adam. He is the link for every single human living today. He got out and managed to survive his dangerous life (humans lived like animals at that time, millions of years ago), long enough to procreate. Had he not done so, things would have been radically different. No one alive today would exist. The human race would most likely have survived, but there would have been a completely different set of humans from that point onwards.

But we won! Thanks Y-chromosomal Adam. You did me a solid there pops.

Banned

Do you mean before the 1670s?

Or anytime before I was born? So if some old fat dude from Timbuktu died the year I was born, it would have prevented my dad from f*cking my mom?

if genghis khan was killed at an early age 1/200 ISHiots would not be alive

1/16 of Asians are directly descended from Genghis Khan

shit Rezznor beat me to it

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Do you mean before the 1670s?

Or anytime before I was born? So if some old fat dude from Timbuktu died the year I was born, it would have prevented my dad from f*cking my mom?
    No, look at it like this. You are you. You have 2 parents. You have 4 grand parents. You have 8 great grandparents. You have 16 great-great grandparents. And so it goes. Throughout history there have been millions of relationships, millions of babies born and they have all led to you being here right now. If even one person in that chain was broken, if even one of your ancestors hadn't done what they did, you would not be here.

I used 1670 as an example because for most people, that is the time when there was approximately 4069 of their ancestors all walking the earth as separate people with separate lives, not knowing they would all be linked to you in the future.

Its crazy because if you kill even one person today, you will have probably made a big difference to the world in the future. You basically deny existence to billions of people for each person you kill.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    No, look at it like this. You are you. You have 2 parents. You have 4 grand parents. You have 8 great grandparents. You have 16 great-great grandparents. And so it goes. Throughout history there have been millions of relationships, millions of babies born and they have all led to you being here right now. If even one person in that chain was broken, if even one of your ancestors hadn't done what they did, you would not be here.

I used 1670 as an example because for most people, that is the time when there was approximately 4069 of their ancestors all walking the earth as separate people with separate lives, not knowing they would all be linked to you in the future.

Its crazy because if you kill even one person today, you will have probably made a big difference to the world in the future. You basically deny existence to billions of people for each person you kill.
    Also remeber, eachtime you jizz you kill 100+ mio possible humans. So there is a big chance you flushed the next Albert Einstein down the toilet dozens of times

Damn, so we fckin our relatives. It's not only Jerry Lew Lewis and Kevin Gates (and ace23.) Aah, I feel so much better now. I am normal.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

There were most likely somewhere around 4096 people, maybe more and maybe less, walking around this Earth that were most likely around your age. Probably most of them complete strangers to each other.

Now, lets say we go back and kill even one of them. You wouldn't exist. Why? Because all of these people were part of your family tree, 12 generations back. You are a combination of these 4096 people, most of whom don't even know who the rest are. Amazing.

Go further back, you will get to the point where it took millions of people to make you. Maybe billions. One of them disappears, and bang. Its over for you.

Wanna know something even more crazy? If you have a kids in your life, if we go far enough into the future there will probably come a time when you are responsible for most of the worlds population. Insane.

If you are reading this right now, you are related to me. If we go far back enough in our family trees, there will be a point where they meet. Doesn't matter who you are, and how far our family trees are apart, there will be a connection eventually. You have a bit of me in you, and I have a bit of you. Crazy. No homo.
    wtf? OP is on drugs. There were only 4 thousand people on earth in 1670?

butterfly effect

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    wtf? OP is on drugs. There were only 4 thousand people on earth in 1670?
    Actually I think it's closer 400 thousand

but can't let facts get in the way

edit: I was wrong

HYDE estimates the population in 1600 at 553,956,117
    Last edited by gts; 01-09-2015 at 01:40 PM.

There were many orders of magnitude more than 4,000 people in their mid twenties in the 1600's bro. Your statistic is totally fvcked. There were probably more than double that number in in their twenties in London alone in the 1600's.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    There were many orders of magnitude more than 4,000 people in their mid twenties in the 1600's bro. Your statistic is totally fvcked. There were probably more than double that number in in their twenties in London alone in the 1600's.
    yup, genghis khan and the golden horde are responsible for 40 million deaths(11% of the world's population), and that was in the 1200's